The Wayback Machine: January 20, 2010

Thanks for the links! Very interesting to revisit how Chan's hiring was met with such pessimism.

Jerry and a lot of us fans have some crow to eat I think. Chan is looking like a legit head coach. Best since Marv.

Chan and Nix are not out of the woods yet...We need to show progress and make the playoffs. We fell like a house of cards three seasons ago. I will believe it when they actually make it to the playoffs. It has been a exciting ride, but I am keeping it tempered as we never know which Bills show up in November/December.

Chan and Nix are not out of the woods yet...We need to show progress and make the playoffs. We fell like a house of cards three seasons ago. I will believe it when they actually make it to the playoffs. It has been a exciting ride, but I am keeping it tempered as we never know which Bills show up in November/December.

Agree and disagree.

Agree that Week 6 is far too early for any "Told ya so" talk.

Disagree that 2008 has anything to do with it. What exactly does this 2011 team have in common with the 2008 team? Almost nothing. Aside from special teamers, Kelsay is the only remaining starter, unless I'm forgetting anybody.

Ganesh, point well taken. Things are looking good at this point. But these Bills are better than the '08 Bills on several points and therefore they're not going to fold.

Here are some key areas I feel that sets them apart:

1. They're not coached by Jauron.

2. With Gailey as Offensive Coordinater, there's way better & more creative use of our personnel.

3. We have a much better quarterback now than Trent from '08.

4.A bigger, nastier defense now that can contain the run.

**5. These bills are really hungrier & motivated to win than anything I've seen in the last ten years. They BELIEVE in themselves. (I put an asterick before this one because Jauron always had that fatalistic "I hope we can win" attitude.) Moreover, we all know the importance of confidence in ourselves and expecting to win while competing in sports.

So, that's my 2 & 1/2 cents.

Agree and disagree.

Agree that Week 6 is far too early for any "Told ya so" talk.

Disagree that 2008 has anything to do with it. What exactly does this 2011 team have in common with the 2008 team? Almost nothing. Aside from special teamers, Kelsay is the only remaining starter, unless I'm forgetting anybody.

It's also worth noting that a collapse (say, 8-8?) would still have us farther ahead than last year, meaning there was a year-to-year improvement since Chan came in.