!!WHAT!! tha motha-bleepin bleepedy bleep

daquixers

Sacks aren't factored in.  Welcome to how stats don't tell the whole story.

171623[/snapback]

Amazing how that is. I couldnt believe the stats they had up. I watched Rob play every game as a Bill and I can remember about 2 good games and thats about it. I dont know how he got those numbers.

Sacks aren't factored in.  Welcome to how stats don't tell the whole story.

171623[/snapback]

They most certainly DO!

The go against your total yards. Just like in the Cleveland game, where we held the Browns to "17 total yards" (or 26 now, whatever). McCown threw for 62 yards that game. They rished for a total of 29 yards. That's a total of 99 yards. We sacked him so many times, his total yards goes down to about 0.

Sacks do, indeed, get reflected in QB rating, just not directly.

They most certainly DO!

The go against your total yards. Just like in the Cleveland game, where we held the Browns to "17 total yards" (or 26 now, whatever).  McCown threw for 62 yards that game.  They rished for a total of 29 yards. That's a total of 99 yards. We sacked him so many times, his total yards goes down to about 0.

Sacks do, indeed, get reflected in QB rating, just not directly.

171656[/snapback]

You sure about that? The sacks don't count against the QB's yardage totals, only against the team yardage totals, or so it appears to me.

RJ rarely threw pics, had a high cmp%, and could of been a good qb, if he coulda stayed healthy(Alot of problems were with his health), pocket presence, take us out of FG range with the worst sacks, and he would never throw the ball away when going towards the sideline, go out of bounds short of the LOS resulting in a sack(which helped keep his QB rating up)....

And Stojan Sacks dont count towards QB rating....As McCown had positive yardage even though team totals showed them in the minus passing game...

It is easy. A 12 yard completion when it is 3rd and 15 results in a stat that says 1-1 for 12yds with 0 int. Get enough of those and you get a nice quarterback rating. It also helps that every time there is a pass rush you go into duck and cover mode.

No matter what you might say about Drew. You can't question his courage in the pocket.

RJ rarely threw pics, had a high cmp%, and could of been a good qb, if he coulda stayed healthy(Alot of problems were with his health), pocket presence, take us out of FG range with the worst sacks, and he would never throw the ball away when going towards the sideline, go out of bounds short of the LOS resulting in a sack(which helped keep his QB rating up)....

And Stojan Sacks dont count towards QB rating....As McCown had positive yardage even though team totals showed them in the minus passing game...

171743[/snapback]

no kidding... hmmmm... well, I stand corrected.