What's the Difference between 2008 and 2011?

Sniper

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you did compare them (Trent was never good. It wasn't the concussion. You obviously invested a lot of faith in him and don't want to admit that he blew. Fitz is way better and has already proven it). And you seemed to want to remind me that Fitz could easily end up injured, but that's a GIVEN. We ALL know that. Tom Brady could end up injured too, but no one goes around saying that "we can't tell how good they are this year, I'm not buying in because he might get injured". Plus, Fitz doesn't have a history of injury or something.

Show me the exact quote where I compared them, I didn't invest anything into anyone, where do you get this stuff from?...jeez

Who shivs a git how the 08 team got to 3-0 or who was the QB. The ONLY reason I mentioned Edwards at all was because of the severe concussion he took in Arizona that ultimately changed the course of the 08 season, and future seasons.

What I did compare was the offensive lines, and how the Bills failed to address the entire line in 08 and did the same thing again this year. Yea, we all know that injuries are part of the game and they can happen to anyone. But now that the Bills have found a QB competent enough to lead them to the playoffs they are still trying to get there with a line that has 3 guys that aren't so great at their jobs, and never have been. Its my contention that the Bills have yet to face a good defense with a good pass rush. (NE 32nd and last in the NFL in defense) (Oakland 28th in defense)( KC 23rd in defense)

Fitz was injured and missed a game in 09 after the team benched Edwards, Brohm started against Atlanta... remember? Fitz missed a game last season against the Jets and Brohm started... remember?

I'll wager...

Get a memory that lasts longer than this past weekend.

HOFer Thurman Thomas declared after that San Diego game "we have finally found the next Jim Kelly".......We all believed, except apparently for you.

Show me the exact quote where I compared them, I didn't invest anything into anyone, where do you get this stuff from?...jeez

Who shivs a git how the 08 team got to 3-0 or who was the QB. The ONLY reason I mentioned Edwards at all was because of the severe concussion he took in Arizona that ultimately changed the course of the 08 season, and future seasons.

What I did compare was the offensive lines, and how the Bills failed to address the entire line in 08 and did the same thing again this year. Yea, we all know that injuries are part of the game and they can happen to anyone. But now that the Bills have found a QB competent enough to lead them to the playoffs they are still trying to get there with a line that has 3 guys that aren't so great at their jobs, and never have been. Its my contention that the Bills have yet to face a good defense with a good pass rush. (NE 32nd and last in the NFL in defense) (Oakland 28th in defense)( KC 23rd in defense)

(quote)

I agree a little tiny bit with you aboutthe defenses we have faced, but part of the reason they are ranked low is because WE ARE LIGHTING IT THE !@#$ UP SON!

This team is not a fluke. Though our record stunk last year, there was a CLEAR turnaround the second Fitz took over: We lost by 3 points against the RAVENS; by 3 points against the CHIEFS; by 3 points against the BEARS; by 3 points against the STEELERS - ALL playoff teams. Last year was the beginning of what hopefully will continue to be Buffalo Bills DOMINATION. Year 2 for everyone under Chan Gailey; Fitz going into the season as the clear #1 starter for once in his life; and key draftees = much improved. The sky is the limit fellas - Fitz at 28 is entering his prime right now. The future for once is starting to look bright! :beer:

I agree a little tiny bit with you about the defenses we have faced, but part of the reason they are ranked low is because WE ARE LIGHTING IT THE !@#$ UP SON!

Chad Henne threw for 416 yards and 2 TDs against the Patriots :lol:

But yea, Fitz has been amazing. That first game against the Chiefs he only threw for 208 yards, yet had 4 TD's...remarkable :thumbsup:

I apologize for that, but you didn't quote me in your response, and based on the sequence of the posts it could be interpreted that you were extending the thought of the post above yours. Also, just by mentioning Edwards injuries you were comparing them.

I wouldn't call a game every now and then a real history of being injured.

So you are ready to wager on the Bills reaching 10 victories? How much? $100.00 ?

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I apologize for that, but you didn't quote me in your response, and based on the sequence of the posts it could be interpreted that you were extending the thought of the post above yours. Also, just by mentioning Edwards injuries you were comparing them.

So you are ready to wager on the Bills reaching 10 victories? How much?

If you count feelings, then Edwards was always hurt

So you are ready to wager on the Bills reaching 10 victories? How much? $100.00 ?

I want in for $500 on this. It's no lose. If the Bills win ten, I'll be ecstatic and will gladly hand Bag his $500, and if they don't, well at least I have $500. How is this going to work?

As Bills Nation bathes in the jubilation of ending the 8 year old losing streak to the Patriots, an intriguing statistic becomes relevant to Buffalo. The stat: NFL teams have a 76% to be playoff bound after going 3-0 (with significant increases with each win thereafter). With this in mind, we are both statistically in an excellent position to make the playoffs and gravely reminded that in 2008, we were a part of the 24%. Since 2008 is far too recent for any us to forget, the natural question that refuses to go away for most (non-bandwagon) fans is, what’s the difference between this 3-0 2011 team compared to our 4-0 and 5-1 2008 squad?

The coach!

I want in for $500 on this. It's no lose. If the Bills win ten, I'll be ecstatic and will gladly hand Bag his $500, and if they don't, well at least I have $500. How is this going to work?

I can't afford 500.00 but $150.00 is good. I like your spirit.

I live in LA, so that complicates things. I think there is a way to handle it with Paypal though. I know that they handle Craigslist transactions and I think they can hold payments. I will look into it more.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I can't afford 500.00 but $150.00 is good. I like your spirit.

I live in LA, so that complicates things. I think there is a way to handle it with Paypal though. I know that they handle Craigslist transactions and I think they can hold payments. I will look into it more.

Wow on a bills fan forum, claiming to beca bills fan, betting against the bills, if we could all be more like him Edited by Defend Greece

Dude, when the smoke clears out of your eyes, you'll see that he is the one betting on the Bills.

They get 10 wins, I win the bet. Anything less I lose.

$150.00

We have some time to work this out. I will likely be in Buffalo at New Years (I have been every other year). We can work it out, no?

I will stay in touch. Thanks for taking the challenge. I have often thought the way you are, like "How much is a Bills win worth to me? If I bet against them I will always be happy with the outcome!"

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Apology accepted :)

yea, i was purely talking about how concerned I am that FINALLY the Bills have a QB that is playing at an "elite" level like Jim Kelly used to, and they don't have anywhere near the quality of players on that O line like ole JK had.

Fitz didn't even play a full season in the 09 (10 games,8 starts) and 2010 (13 games -13 starts) seasons and yet suffered injuries both years that kept him outta one game each year. What happened to Edwards is when he suffered a concussion it was Jauron's stupidity and desire to keep winning that kept playing him when he should have been benched. When they did finally bench him TE he was a shell of his old self, battered and shell shocked. He suffered at least 4 concussions that were reported, who really knows how many he did suffer. Once you suffer a concussion it becomes easier to suffer another and the problems that incur with a traumatic brain injury just keep compounding the more you get them.

As for the bet, the very last thing I would want to do is bet that Fitz will get an injury and or become like Edwards.:cry:

Considering that line has some "maybes" and "who knows" players playing on it right now, I highly doubt they get 10 wins. But hey, we can only hope they do! The schedule does get tougher after Cincy

Edited by Fear the Beard

The quality of the opponents.

Everyone is dismissing our win at Kansas City. But they are the defending AFC West Champs and were 7-1 at home last year.

No one outside of Buffalo wants to concede that maybe that was a quality victory which started the Chiefs slide.

To the OP, here's the most salient fact… in 2008:

"the teams the Bills beat to start that season reveals that that hopeful 4-0 start was essentially a mirage. Those Bills beat Seattle, Jacksonville, Oakland and St. Louis–four teams that went a combined 16-48 that year with none winning more than five games."

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/26/for-bills-fans-now-more-than-a-glimmer-of-hope/

Even worse back then was the fact that two of them had been playoff teams the year before. Jacksonville fell apart that year and Seattle began its long decline.

Apology accepted :)

yea, i was purely talking about how concerned I am that FINALLY the Bills have a QB that is playing at an "elite" level like Jim Kelly used to, and they don't have anywhere near the quality of players on that O line like ole JK had.

Fitz didn't even play a full season in the 09 (10 games,8 starts) and 2010 (13 games -13 starts) seasons and yet suffered injuries both years that kept him outta one game each year. What happened to Edwards is when he suffered a concussion it was Jauron's stupidity and desire to keep winning that kept playing him when he should have been benched. When they did finally bench him TE he was a shell of his old self, battered and shell shocked. He suffered at least 4 concussions that were reported, who really knows how many he did suffer. Once you suffer a concussion it becomes easier to suffer another and the problems that incur with a traumatic brain injury just keep compounding the more you get them.

As for the bet, the very last thing I would want to do is bet that Fitz will get an injury and or become like Edwards.:cry:

Considering that line has some "maybes" and "who knows" players playing on it right now, I highly doubt they get 10 wins. But hey, we can only hope they do! The schedule does get tougher after Cincy

This response is actually what I have been asking for! A reasoned viewpoint that actually takes a stance. Not "I'll tell you after they make the playoffs"...

"BBB" has accepted the bet! I admire his spirit!

I think Fitz might miss a game or something, but of course anything can happen. I think he gets the ball out quick enough that teams will start to back off the rush and place more emphasis on coverage, which will challenge Fitz's accuracy and patience. Of course, I expect him to still chew them up though!

Edited by Matthews' Bag