Comparing Fitz's 1st 16 games vs Kelly's best year

Jerry Jabber

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/09/26/fitzs-last-16-mirror-kellys-best/

"Jim Kelly was 304-474 (64.1%) passing for 3,844 yards with 33 touchdowns and 17 interceptions and a passer rating of 97.6.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was 327-552 (59.2%) passing for 3,841 yards with 32 touchdowns and 18 interceptions and a passer rating of 86.2."

"And if Fitz stays healthy and makes all 16 starts this season he’s on pace to do the following. (Just keep in mind he’s on a torrid pace right now and maintaining it will prove difficult): 385-593 passing for 4,499 yards with 48 touchdowns and 16 interceptions."

48 TD's?! That would be unbelievable, but then again, so is this 3-0 start and a win against the Pats. I know 40 TD's would be hard to imagine, but 30+ TD's this season is more than reasonable, considering the offense's play in the first 3 games.

I just saw that. It has been a long search but we may have finally found our heir apparent in Fitzy. The Amish Rifle is the new Machinegun Kelly! Freddie is Thurman & Stevie is Andre. There are a lot of parallels and I can go on...

Loving the new unis!

With no offense to Fitz intended, pass defense in the NFL is now illegal. the CBs cannot frown at the WRs without being flagged for interference, D Lineman get 15 yarders for giving the QB a hug, and safeties get penalties for tackling the WR after they catch the ball.

Numerous passing records that have stood for years have already been destroyed this season. (like total league wide passing yards in one week, the number of games featuring two 300 yard passers, 300 yard passers, 400 yard passers, most passing yards in three games, and most passing yards by a rookie....twice. And before this week, I think 7-8 QBs were on pace to break Dan Marino's yardage record.)

400(or even 450) is the new 300.

With no offense to Fitz intended, pass defense in the NFL is now illegal. the CBs cannot frown at the WRs without being flagged for interference, D Lineman get 15 yarders for giving the QB a hug, and safeties get penalties for tackling the WR after they catch the ball.

Numerous passing records that have stood for years have already been destroyed this season. (like total league wide passing yards in one week, the number of games featuring two 300 yard passers, 300 yard passers, 400 yard passers, most passing yards in three games, and most passing yards by a rookie....twice. And before this week, I think 7-8 QBs were on pace to break Dan Marino's yardage record.)

400(or even 450) is the new 300.

Right on. Statistical inflation for QBs has been the biggest story of the season thus far.

I still think Fitz has been a Top-5 QB thus far, all things considered.

Would anyone trade him right now for Cutler?

:lol:

I still question the Bear's trading of orton for cutler. The guy has never impressed me and hes now been sacked 14 times in 3 games, on pace for 74 other 75. I believe david carr was sacked 80 times or something his rookie year in Houston, and I think thats some kind of single season record rookie or not. Cutler wont last the season at this rate, especially since he isnt as tough as people in Chicago want you to believe. I wouldnt put jay cutler in the top 15, personally.