Albany TV

Go Bills!!!

Once again us poor Capital District Bills fans will be shut out on the Bills and Pats. CBS is showing

the Jets and Raiders at 4, instead of the local rivaly between Buff and NE. I am in a pitch fork and torch

mood and am gonna march on the Village!

Go Bills!!!!

Gino in Saratoga

Once again us poor Capital District Bills fans will be shut out on the Bills and Pats. CBS is showing

the Jets and Raiders at 4, instead of the local rivaly between Buff and NE. I am in a pitch fork and torch

Go Bills!!!!

Gino in Saratoga

Gino-

If it is worth anything, your brothers to the south will join you in taking up arms against the evil empire that we know as CBS 6 Albany!!! Strategic placement of a few catapults around Niskayuna with pitch fork armed infantry should do the trick.

DISCLAIMER: Sorry, it has been a long day and I just read Jennifer Gish's article trashing Bills fans....

GO BILLS!

Gino-

If it is worth anything, your brothers to the south will join you in taking up arms against the evil empire that we know as CBS 6 Albany!!! Strategic placement of a few catapults around Niskayuna with pitch fork armed infantry should do the trick.

DISCLAIMER: Sorry, it has been a long day and I just read Jennifer Gish's article trashing Bills fans....

GO BILLS!

I've harrassed the program director at CBS 6 in Albany for years now and he hates hearing from me. He has always told me that it's the programming department at CBS in NYC that decides what we get and I say that's a bunch of Crapola!!!!!! Yeah, I too am in a bad mood about the Gish article. I wrote her a nice article (no profanity) telling her what a moron she was and that she was insulting anyone who was a fan of Buffalo (Not just the team). What a stupid comment to suggest Buffalo might as well be in Canada! (Like the Penguin said in Batman Returns..."And your nose could be spewing blood!")

I suggested she find a way to insult the local Patriot fans next week!

Go Bills!!!

Gino in Saratoga

I would love to have Sunday ticket, but we just found out from verizon and the direct tv people that there are too many trees and we are too far away in Scotia. So, we just can't win. Good thing we are driving to buffalo tomorrow!!! GO BILLS!

Edited by I <3 Buffalo

You shouldn't have to go too far west to get the Bills in a bar. I'm in the Utica area and we get the Bills because our CBS station on cable is from Syracuse. If the game is blacked out, then we get the Jets, since the Syracuse station just barely reaches west far enough to be in the blackout region. That just doesn't seem right to me, but I have been living with it for many years at this point.

I've harrassed the program director at CBS 6 in Albany for years now and he hates hearing from me. He has always told me that it's the programming department at CBS in NYC that decides what we get and I say that's a bunch of Crapola!!!!!! Yeah, I too am in a bad mood about the Gish article. I wrote her a nice article (no profanity) telling her what a moron she was and that she was insulting anyone who was a fan of Buffalo (Not just the team). What a stupid comment to suggest Buffalo might as well be in Canada! (Like the Penguin said in Batman Returns..."And your nose could be spewing blood!")

I suggested she find a way to insult the local Patriot fans next week!

Go Bills!!!

Gino in Saratoga

He is full of crappacola. I still remember when WNYT used to run a call in fan poll in the 90's to let the fans pick which game got broadcast. I believe its shared territory for the Bills and Jets (and perhaps New England). My guess is WRGB didn't want to air a game the same time as the Giants.

He is full of crappacola. I still remember when WNYT used to run a call in fan poll in the 90's to let the fans pick which game got broadcast. I believe its shared territory for the Bills and Jets (and perhaps New England). My guess is WRGB didn't want to air a game the same time as the Giants.

I remember the fan polls also when WNYT used to carry the AFC games. Buffalo would be the consistent choice and they would show that game.

Even though the Bills/NE* game is at the same time that the Giants are on, I still think that this would draw good viewing numbers as CBS-6 viewing area is not only the Capital District, but also covers Western Mass and Southern Vermont, which would pull in NE* fans.

Oh well, I guess I have to go to my local watering hole for some beer and wings to watch the game. :w00t:

I've harrassed the program director at CBS 6 in Albany for years now and he hates hearing from me.

You know, I'm beginning to think that the Times-Union article that goes after Bills fans in the Albany area was completely justified.

It sounds like you go out of your way to be a**holes! From what you just posted and a few defensive lines in the newspaper article.

You know?

Different networks, so they may do it differently, but it can be changed if the Jets aren't involved that week (see below). Since WRGB committed themselves to the Jets several years ago, when they went as far as showing Jets preseason games that year, the Jets have top priority at WRGB. There's nothing we can do to change it. A couple of years ago, WRGB was going to show a game that didn't involve the Jets, Giants, Pats or Bills when a Bills game was scheduled & we complained so much, with help from a reporter at the Schenectady Gazzette, that WRGB caved & showed the Bills-so while the network does assign games, the local station is permitted to file an appeal & get the game changed. However, if they don't get the pressure, they'll just trot out the excuse-The Network made me do it.

I've posted this before, but the good news is, at least this year, the schedule, thanks to Jets night games & doubleheaders, gives us a lot of games on home TV that do not conflict with the Jets, Giants, & even the Patriots, which everyone in Albany knows get the lowest priority of the 4 teams at least until the Bills season is totally down the drain & December Bills games are considered meaningless to the network suits. So here is what the rest of the season looks like on Albany TV:

10/2 @ Cincinnati: Yes! No competition

10/9 Philadelphia: No, Giants will be televised

10/16@Giants: Yes!

10/30 Washington (Toronto): Yes! No competition This game is on FOX, who only have 1 game & won't go head to head with the Giants on CBS at 1.

11/6 Jets: Yes!

11/13 @Dallas: Yes! No competition

11/20 @Miami: Yes! No competition

11/27 @ Jets: Yes!

12/4 Tenessee: No, Jets will be televised

12/11 @ San Diego: Yes! No competition

12/18 @ Miami: Yes! No competition

12/24 Denver: Maybe, only competition is NE/Mia

1/1 @ New England: No, Jets will be televised

From the beginning of the season, it looks like we'll get 10 or 11 games on home TV. Better yet, if you go to the home games like I do, the only sure road game that won't be on home TV is the last game @ NE.

Edit: One more thing-When WNYT & NBC had the AFC contract, the Bills were major contenders & the Jets usually stunk, but we had a secret weapon. One of the guys running things at WNYT was a Buffalo native & a Fredonia grad.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Go Bills!!!!

Gino in Saratoga

I am in the Navy and was stationed there for 7 years, go to the sports bar on Caroline St (Peabody's I think, or something like that) and rub in our victory on all of the Pats fans!

From the Times-Union letter:

"...demanding more Bills coverage in the Times Union. One of you left voicemails for the sports department that would make even a potty mouth like Ron Jaworski blush."

Is she saying that the voicemails had profanity, perhaps?

Albany, New York just isn't into the Buffalo Bills. I know this because it's where my regional office & supervisor are located. I gave up on them a while ago. The Philadelphia Eagles are closer to Albany than the Buffalo Bills are.

So, local Bills fans are "harassing" and "demanding" more coverage for "years". So when it gets thrown back at you, you're insulted?

I'm glad I live here in Syracuse!