Sheppard, Moats to play more

Astrobot

With Morrison out at ILB, and Andra Davis looking old and slow, we'll see heavy doses of Kelvin Sheppard at the Mike LB spot, and backing up Barnett is "Don't Cross The" Moats at the Will LB spot.

Marsha, the D will be bringing well-disguised blitzes from LB in addition to the 3 linemen. One of these two (plus Merriman /Batten) will figure in a pivotal play. You won't know where it's coming from.

Don't say I didn't warn you, Marsha.

With Morrison out at ILB, and Andra Davis looking old and slow, we'll see heavy doses of Kelvin Sheppard at the Mike LB spot, and backing up Barnett is "Don't Cross The" Moats at the Will LB spot.

Marsha, the D will be bringing well-disguised blitzes from LB in addition to the 3 linemen. One of these two (plus Merriman /Batten) will figure in a pivotal play. You won't know where it's coming from.

Actually I doubt the Bills will blitz frequently. If they are going to get pressure it is going to have to come through four rushers (maybe with stunts). Brady is way too quick with reads to see where blitzing him will be effective.

I'm not sure what makes you think Andra is old and slow...He has been been all over any attempted run up the middle, making tackles that POZ missed routinely. I think he has looked great so far this year. He is a rock solid tackler, and has been everywhere he is supposed to be. Sheppard basically missed all of the pre-season, if you expect him to be a miracle starter this year you may be disappointed...

I have been very impressed with Davis' ability to make tackles RIGHT at the line, unlike our LB's from previous years making tackles 5-10 yards down field...this guy can play, and he's strong.

We should be more worried about McKelvin's awful coverage, especially against the pats...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Blitzing is not they key here (never has been) - it's getting pressure with the front 3 big men....

Blitzing a LB and dropping Marcellosaureus, Dwan Edwards, and Kellen Heard into short zone coverage is going to be key.

If Brady anticipates the Blitz and throws short to the hot read and the Defense is prepared to drop the D-Line back to bat down the pass or pull a Sam Adams\Marcell Dareus(National Championship)\BJ Raji\Will Willfork that will be the key victory.

You have to do the unexpected, or the expected and make it look like the unexpected.

"Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"

Edited by Why So Serious?

getting pressure from the front line is the way we have to go. If we blitz, then welker and those tightends are going to have a field day. I do have a lot of confidence in dareus and williams, but getting pressure on brady doesn't seem like it will happen often. That oline does a really good job at protecting brady.

The best thing, imo, would be to do a lot of 4-3 with merriman on the outside at DE. I bet it would be easier to hit brady that way. And williams seems to make it to the backfield easier in the 4-3 as well. And I would use carrington a lot more on the outside in the 4-3. I get why they didn't use him much in the past 2 games, since he isn't very strong against the run, and oak/kc are run first teams. But with a pass first team, they should really use carrington on the outside in the 4-3 opposite merriman more often. I bet with a front four of merriman/dareus/williams/carrington they will be able to give off enough pressure to at least keep the bills in the game.

getting pressure from the front line is the way we have to go. If we blitz, then welker and those tightends are going to have a field day. I do have a lot of confidence in dareus and williams, but getting pressure on brady doesn't seem like it will happen often. That oline does a really good job at protecting brady.

The best thing, imo, would be to do a lot of 4-3 with merriman on the outside at DE. I bet it would be easier to hit brady that way. And williams seems to make it to the backfield easier in the 4-3 as well. And I would use carrington a lot more on the outside in the 4-3. I get why they didn't use him much in the past 2 games, since he isn't very strong against the run, and oak/kc are run first teams. But with a pass first team, they should really use carrington on the outside in the 4-3 opposite merriman more often. I bet with a front four of merriman/dareus/williams/carrington they will be able to give off enough pressure to at least keep the bills in the game.

Kelsay actually looks good with his hand down at DE.

He also looks like he has been doing some squats. His lower body looks way more powerful, it may just be the new unis, I don't know.

But yeah we're going to be in a dime and nickel with 4 down lineman a lot of the time.

I'm not sure what makes you think Andra is old and slow...He has been been all over any attempted run up the middle, making tackles that POZ missed routinely. I think he has looked great so far this year. He is a rock solid tackler, and has been everywhere he is supposed to be. Sheppard basically missed all of the pre-season, if you expect him to be a miracle starter this year you may be disappointed...

I have been very impressed with Davis' ability to make tackles RIGHT at the line, unlike our LB's from previous years making tackles 5-10 yards down field...this guy can play, and he's strong.

We should be more worried about McKelvin's awful coverage, especially against the pats...

McKelvin did play poorly but, you have to apply pressure on the qb or any qb will eat any cb for lunch. I think Mckelvin is totally being scapegoated for something that is not entirely his fault. He was burned cleanly once but the rest of the times I thought he had solid coverage.