What a bunch of chickens around here....

LOL, I'm a coach now in High School.  We're 17-3 in the last two years, and made it to the final 8 in the VA state playoffs this year.  Lost to the eventual Single A champ by a bunch, but we only graduate one starter, a senior captain.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, not bad for a school that only made the playoffs once in it's previous 24 years of football existance huh?

Send a resume, we need a new offensive co-ordinator next year, as ours retired, let's see what credentials you have.........I'll let you know how you stack up when we get it!  Oh, you'll have to move to the Richmond area also!

170696[/snapback]

Oh, and just as a side note, I played for a little team called the Salamanca Warriors. If you live in WNY and follow HS football, you probably heard of them. When I played for them, they were the smallest school in their division and we dominated. We played in Rich stadium multiple times. We're not talking about a couple good years here and there. Try something like 30+ years.

One thing I do know. Our coach, with over 30 years of experience and more wins than you'll ever see, would find you to be a moron. He never, ever tried to make winning more difficult than it had to be. Guess you'll learn that... assuming you get your head out of your ass.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're an ass like this in real life, you shouldn't be around kids. Seriously.

170700[/snapback]

Others disagree.......but, you're also right, however, they are mostly on the other side of the field. I'll take that anyday!

Come see us play next year, I'll spring for the $5 to get you in!

Or PM me your address, and I'll send you a couple of our playoff champion T's!

Nice that youve come back down to earth after those mindless rants the last hour. This last post at least made sense. I can concede many of your points. BUT WE were not the ones who beat NE tonight - the phins did. We had NOTHING TO DO with that. ALL we can do is win these last 2 games, against the teams we're SCHEDULED to play, and hope for the best.

I still don't understand why you'd be upset if we were in the playoffs and got beaten, even badly. When we were 0-4 were people talking about losing in the first round of the playoffs or finishing in last in the league??? If you think the first option then you're fooling yourself. 5 wins in the NFL in 2004 is nothing to scoff at. And if we get in, thats 7 wins in a row. Tonight, if nothing else, showed that NOTHING is taken for granted in the NFL. Including this weekend at SF. If we somehow lose (which I don't think we will, despite it being the trappiest of all trap games), your whole argument is moot anyway.

Oh, and just as a side note, I played for a little team called the Salamanca Warriors. If you live in WNY and follow HS football, you probably heard of them. When I played for them, they were the smallest school in their division and we dominated. We played in Rich stadium multiple times. We're not talking about a couple good years here and there. Try something like 30+ years.

One thing I do know. Our coach, with over 30 years of experience and more wins than you'll ever see, would find you to be a moron. He never, ever tried to make winning more difficult than it had to be. Guess you'll learn that... assuming you get your head out of your ass.

170711[/snapback]

Again, not quite sure what this has to do with us in VA. And I've only been coaching for two years. But, OK, you're man was a legend.....great. I'm not, but I know that our program is now known around the state of VA.

Next year, we have a great shot of winning the state title. And we aren't the smallest school in our class. So, we didn't have a longshot "Hoosiers" type of run. We are, I think, the 6th largest team in Single A, and in years past, played like a bunch of.......well.......chickenshits.......lol........it was time to grow up, get some swagger, and play like our school should play. And we did, and will continue to do so, until we move up a class probably in a year or two......then we'll have to up our play even more!

Look, you questioned me about being a coach, lol, I just responded. Tell your coach congrats and keep up the good work. We're on way to being the type of program that he has created up there.

I have confidence in that 100%.

Nice that youve come back down to earth after those mindless rants the last hour.  This last post at least made sense.  I can concede many of your points.  BUT WE were not the ones who beat NE tonight - the phins did.  We had NOTHING TO DO with that.  ALL we can do is win these last 2 games, against the teams we're SCHEDULED to play, and hope for the best.

I still don't understand why you'd be upset if we were in the playoffs and got beaten, even badly.  When we were 0-4 were people talking about losing in the first round of the playoffs or finishing in last in the league???  If you think the first option then you're fooling yourself.  5 wins in the NFL in 2004 is nothing to scoff at.  And if we get in, thats 7 wins in a row.  Tonight, if nothing else, showed that NOTHING is taken for granted in the NFL.  Including this weekend at SF.  If we somehow lose (which I don't think we will, despite it being the trappiest of all trap games), your whole argument is moot anyway.

170715[/snapback]

I haven't come back down to Earth......it still makes me sick that all of the Bills fans want to duck the Steelers at full strength. That's not gonna change one bit.

But......we need some validation. In all honesty, we have a great shot at NOT making the playoffs. The Pittsburgh game, if they were at full strength, would "validate" our season in that scenario.

In the other scenario......ok, we beat the Steelers backups......then get crushed in the playoffs. OK, we had the nice winning streak. Great. Then you look back......and go over it.....and you see......SF, Cincy, CLeve, Miami, etc....etc.....etc......and we're gonna hear the same crap over and over and over........"You guys didn't beat anyone".

I always want to play the best.....and beat the best......at their best.......no matter what. We need a validation to this streak. The Pittsburgh game would have been it, IF we DO NOT get in the playoffs.

That's mostly it for me.......the feeling will be kind of empty I guess if we win 7 in a row, against mostly garbage, and a watered down Steelers team, and then don't get the chance to get in the playoffs and beat someone down.

Nice that youve come back down to earth after those mindless rants the last hour.  This last post at least made sense.  I can concede many of your points.  BUT WE were not the ones who beat NE tonight - the phins did.  We had NOTHING TO DO with that.  ALL we can do is win these last 2 games, against the teams we're SCHEDULED to play, and hope for the best.

I still don't understand why you'd be upset if we were in the playoffs and got beaten, even badly.  When we were 0-4 were people talking about losing in the first round of the playoffs or finishing in last in the league???  If you think the first option then you're fooling yourself.  5 wins in the NFL in 2004 is nothing to scoff at.  And if we get in, thats 7 wins in a row.  Tonight, if nothing else, showed that NOTHING is taken for granted in the NFL.  Including this weekend at SF.  If we somehow lose (which I don't think we will, despite it being the trappiest of all trap games), your whole argument is moot anyway.

170715[/snapback]

Oh yeah, and one more thing.......Could you even begin to imagine how crushing a defeat to SF would be to all of us? Oh god, don't even mention that. I think we'd all want to shoot ourselves!

lol, I hear ya on not looking past SF.

My opinion is ......  Who the fug cares how and even IF the Bills get into the playoffs.  The playoffs are the playoffs and this is the AFC not the NFC so if you get in (regardless) how it's still a huge accomplishment no matter how it's done.  Who cares as long as we get er done.

170707[/snapback]

I'm exhausted of arguing Mile High.....but can I tell you that I love your posts.....because I check for your posts starting every Tuesday so I get the easy links to all of the power ratings.

Can I tell you thanks for listing all four Polls in your posts? Keep em updated, I think we'll be up a couple of more spots in all of em again this week!

I'm exhausted of arguing Mile High.....but can I tell you that I love your posts.....because I check for your posts starting every Tuesday so I get the easy links to all of the power ratings.

Can I tell you thanks for listing all four Polls in your posts?  Keep em updated, I think we'll be up a couple of more spots in all of em again this week!

170726[/snapback]

Your welcome and hey go to bed man! I was wondering if anyone really ever used my links in my signature. :) And yes we will and should move up a little.

When are people going to realize that PITTSBURGH WILL NOT SIT THEIR STARTERS IN WEEK 17 NO MATTER WHAT.  No coach is going to sit his players the last game of the season and then go into a bye week.  By the time they got around to playing the starters wouldn't have played a game in 3 weeks.  Cowher will not have his players missing that much time before they play a playoff game, period.

Everybody hoping and praying for certain scenerios to play out so the game is meaningful/not meaningful for the Steelers are just wasting their time.  You'll see a full strength Steeler team on the field unless the game gets out of hand one way or another.

170597[/snapback]

Amen, brother, I brought this up last week! :)

I can't think of a coach who would be stupid enough to do that. :lol:

Even if they already have homefield when they play us, their starters will play at least a half, maybe more.

Rusty (rested) players don't win games for you. It has been proven.

News flash: We will need to "back our way in" anyway because it is already a fact that other teams need to lose for us to have a chance by winning out.

Now the Steelers can put  down the throttle on the Ravens to ensure HF and the Pats can get their angry revenge from tonight's emabarassment against the Jets. If Jax doesn't lose we NEED those two things to happen.

If you don't understand this I can help no further.

170567[/snapback]

Do expect Marsha & the brady bunch to be in a real bad mood. OOPS sorry gangreen better luck next year. :)

Amen, brother, I brought this up last week!    :)

I can't think of a coach who would be stupid enough to do that.    :lol:

Even if they already have homefield when they play us, their starters will play at least a half, maybe more. 

Rusty (rested) players don't win games for you.  It has been proven.

170743[/snapback]

Tell that to Marv.

Dear a$$clown aka CentralVABills:

There will be 1 to 4 good teams throughout the playoffs for the Bills to test out their manhood. In the meantime, why don't you find more important things in life to get confrontational about? Maybe you can spend more time scouring your h.s. football roster for players who don't meet your standards of manliness. Then you can go harass them and their parents while sparing us TBD'ers with your tired arguments.

Sincerely,

KH

News flash: We will need to "back our way in" anyway because it is already a fact that other teams need to lose for us to have a chance by winning out.

Now the Steelers can put  down the throttle on the Ravens to ensure HF and the Pats can get their angry revenge from tonight's emabarassment against the Jets. If Jax doesn't lose we NEED those two things to happen.

If you don't understand this I can help no further.

170567[/snapback]

I don't understand this.