Accused death row inmate Troy Davis is denied clemency

In-A-Gadda-Levitre

i don't really get caught up in it...i just get tired of the knee jerk reactions(not from you)..twitter was blowing up with celebrities adopting this as their cause of the day to make themselves seem relevant...as a result it trickled ALL the way down to us common folks. I don't give a rat's ass about this troy davis...he was convicted, denied retrials and served his punishment...no one cared about this cop killer 10 days ago...all of a sudden he is a martyr...and i agree...can you really get full closure in a tragedy like this? only thing they can do is move on and deal with it....

I understand. The thing is... There is doubt. He was convicted through "proper channels" and the "rules of the game." There is a lot to be desired with how the legal "game" is played. There is doubt. It doesn't justify captial punishment. IMO, I really don't think the guy is making up mularkey.

He either did it or didn't

He either admits it or not.

Somewhere, someone may be laughing like in the Shawshank Redemption. That is the real tragedy. This type of punishment in this type of situation is ill served. This punishment in this case serves nothing and nobody.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand. The thing is... There is doubt. He was convicted through "proper channels" and the "rules of the game." There is a lot to be desired with how the legal "game" is played. There is doubt. It doesn't justify captial punishment. IMO, I really don't think the guy is making up mularkey.

He either did it or didn't

He either admits it or not.

Somewhere, someone may be laughing like in the Shawshank Redemption. That is the real tragedy. This type of punishment in this type of situation is ill served. This punishment in this case serves nothing and nobody.

If Hollywood celebrities say there is doubt, then there is doubt. I personally doubt ANY of the 38 witnesses ever starred in a movie. What gives them the right to call themselves witnesses?

If Hollywood celebrities say there is doubt, then there is doubt. I personally doubt ANY of the 38 witnesses ever starred in a movie. What gives them the right to call themselves witnesses?

They are award winning actors that followed a script perfectly. Clearly.