Facing the Future

I have never started a thread, but after posting this thought in a different thread I decided I did not want it to vanish without a trace, so....

Some are excited about a 2-0 start, while others, rationally, are still reluctant to embrace hope. I understand that.

People are entitled to fear or hope as they wish.

I will only say this. If there is reason to be fearful now, there will be reasons after week 8 too...

Hope is a choice, as is fear. We all know that life can bring crushing defeat at any moment. To survive, and to prevail in the face of life's terrifying uncertainty, requires facing the fear that knowledge brings and choosing to master it rather than be mastered by it.

Make your choice, Bills fans.

Go Bills!

I don't consider it a question of hope at all. I would be surprised if any Bills fan didn't hope the Bills will handle the next 4 opponents up to the bye the same as they have handled the first 2. But hoping and billieving are two different things. I hope the Bills will win the track meet next Sunday with the pats for example. My brain tells me it is not likely to happen however.

Edited by CodeMonkey

2,413 posts and this is your 1st thread? That has to be some kind of TWS record.

I am usually the shy, retiring type. :lol:

And Monkey, I hear you on the difference between hope and belief. That is part of my point. Don't be afraid to hope, man. Focus on the positive, and worry about the negative when it happens, not before.

Enjoy the ride, my friends!

I am usually the shy, retiring type. :lol:

And Monkey, I hear you on the difference between hope and belief. That is part of my point. Don't be afraid to hope, man. Focus on the positive, and worry about the negative when it happens, not before.

Enjoy the ride, my friends!

Great line.