5 Reasons... can you name more?

BuckeyeBill

Raiderjoe, it's very cool that you believe in your team and are willing to come here and talk them up before they take on the Bills. I like your spunk, but you are clearly underestimating the talent on our team. We have some talent too. Our defense includes probowl NT Kyle Williams a penetrating wrecking ball in the center of the defensive line. Lined up next to Kyle is this year's #3 overall pick Marcel Dareus. Many people believe he could have easily been a #1 pick and if you think your defensive line is dominant, you ain't seen nothing yet. Add in 3 time probowler Shawne Merriman who is still very young/healthy and you have one scary defense. Of course there are others on this D that you probably never heard of that have some talent too. Take a look at who got sacks last week and you'll see 2 such players.

On offense, the Raider D is going to have their hands full. Our QB is great at taking advantage of aggressive defenses. Fred Jackson is very much the real deal and can compete with any back in this league. He is the reason CJ can't get on the field. You can talk up speed all you want but speed does not equal production. Production equals production. Take a good look at Steve Johnson for instance. I know you like your defensive line, but they are going to have their hands full too. Eric Wood, the center our offensive line is not going to be pushed around by any NT in both the AFC and NFC. He is the real deal. Overall this offensive line is big, strong and punishing. Your defense will need its A-game to even get a sniff of our QB.

Get ready, Raiderjoe. Your team is coming to our house and we are not playing around. Hope you don't get so mad that you leave, never to be heard from again when the Bills open up a can of whoop-ass.

Look, its one thing to get excited about your team and its quite another to be confused.

Fitz has been in the league 6 years on 3 diferrent teams and he's won a total of like 6 games his whole career- lets not try and put him on Bradys shelf mkay?

No, Fitz is not good agaisnt aggresive defenses- where you getting this from?

Vs Steelers he was an abysmal 1 for 1, 15 of 25 and a comp % of 51%

Vs the Pats he was 0 Td's and 3 Int's, 18 of 37 (Holy mother of all Gods!)and a Comp % of an awful 48%

Vs the Jets he was 12 of 27 with a comp % of just 44%

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Very avg QB, he hasnt proven anything in the NFL in 6 years...

To me? The dude takes longer to wind up and throw than a pitching machine.. thats just me tho' could be wrong.

Lets not all put the guy in the top 5 because he beat up on a bad football team mkay?

He's gonna get the same pressure he got from the Jets, Pats and Steelers this sunday.. you can believe that sh*t

We'll see just how good he really is.....

C'mon Franks hot sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Chronic

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be disrespectful as I think Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus(who was probably the best player in this draft) are very good players but if they played on the raiders they would be backups to Tom kelly and R seymour. Your just talking about better players at this point.

We know roider- Shawn Merriman looks like he back on the cycle- sooner or later the nFl will catch him.

Again Raiders DE have a bigger miss match against your Ot's. Good luck trying to throw the football when pressure getting there real fast. Raiders secondary not covering that long will be over your Wr's.

When Raiders front four is living in your backfield you could have darren Mcfadden and it isn't going to matter. Rb is only as good as the oline in front of them.

Haha. Your funny and one humongous homer. Stick around after the game. I want to see what kind of excuses you come with when the Raiders lose. You seriously have no clue what a mismatch is. Chan the man will be dishing out lessons so make sure you pay attention. And good luck with that pressure. It's exploitable and creates mismatches that play to our advantage. Don't run off and hide after the game now.

Look, its one thing to get excited about your team and its quite another to be confused.

Fitz has been in the league 6 years on 3 diferrent teams and he's won a total of like 6 games his whole career- lets not try and put him on Bradys shelf mkay?

No, Fitz is not good agaisnt aggresive defenses- where you getting this from?

Vs Steelers he was an abysmal 1 for 1, 15 of 25 and a comp % of 51%

Vs the Pats he was 0 Td's and 3 Int's, 18 of 37 (Holy mother of all Gods!)and a Comp % of an awful 48%

Vs the Jets he was 12 of 27 with a comp % of just 44%

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Very avg QB, he hasnt proven anything in the NFL in 6 years...

To me? The dude takes longer to wind up and throw than a pitching machine.. thats just me tho' could be wrong.

Lets not all put the guy in the top 5 because he beat up on a bad football team mkay?

He's gonna get the same pressure he got from the Jets, Pats and Steelers this sunday.. you can believe that sh*t

We'll see just how good he really is.....

C'mon Franks hot sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can bad mouth our QB all you want but you really don't know what you are talking about. He has thrown 4 TDs in a single game 3 times in his last 14 games. This is the first time in his career that he has actually come out of training camp as the unquestioned starter giving him reps with all of the starting WRs on the team. Keep thinking that he is just average. If the Raiders believe that, they are going to regret it.

You guys are in for a very rude awakening. BTW, you sound a little grumpy. What's up with that.

Five reasons why I don’t see Buffalo possibly losing this game:

1. Their win was more impressive against the Chiefs (10-6) than the Raider win against the Broncos (4-12). Both the Chiefs and Broncos were excited about their home opener… and both blew it. The Chiefs turned the ball over 3 times, leading to 17 points by the Bills. The Broncos turned the ball over 3 times as well, leading to 20 points by the Raiders. Both games should have been blow outs, right?

Well the Bills won by 34 points and the Raiders won by 3. Only THREE!! If Janikowski had not been kicking through the thin mile-high air, the Raiders would not have made that 63 yard field goal… and the game would have gone into overtime! Nearly going into overtime against a 4-12 team that shot themselves in the foot three times? How is that an impressive win?!

Not to mention that the Chiefs are a superior team to Denver.

2. The Raiders best players are hurt. Jacoby Ford is out, Darius Heyward-Bey is listed as questionable, so is Michael Huff, Kevin Boss, and Richard Seymour. Heck, even Jason Campbell and Darren McFadden are listed as probable. I don’t think the Raiders would beat the Bills even if all their guns were loaded… too bad the Raiders will be running on empty.

3. The Raiders had a short week (game ending around 2AM Tuesday morning EST). Therefore Oakland have had about 131 hours to rest and prepare for this game. The Bills on the other hand will have had 165 hours to rest and prepare. The Raiders have to fly from Denver-to Oakland- then to Buffalo (3907 miles)… while the Bills just have to come home (986 miles). Historically, teams in the Raiders position don’t play sharp on Sunday!

4. You could state an argument that the Chiefs are a better team than the Raiders because the Raiders are one dimensional. The Chiefs have pro bowlers Matt Cassel and Dwayne Bowe, while the Raiders have… um… Jason Campbell and… a questionable DHB? Yes, the Raiders have a good running attack… a great running attack… but so did the Chiefs and the Bills pretty much shut them down. The Bills will key on the run (putting 8 in the box) and dare Campbell to beat them in the air. I would argue that Charles = McFadden, but Cassel > Campell.

5. The Home Field advantage will give the Bills another huge advantage (even if they don’t it). Home opener… new uniforms… new hope… the Bills fans want this win badly, and you know the Bills players want it even more so! I don’t remember the last time the fans were so thirsty for a win against an 8-8 team that was not in the AFC East. The Ralph will be rocking on Sunday my friends… too bad for the Raiders.

They never had a chance…

responding to your list.

1 - Last week means nothing. Margin of victory means less.

2 - True, injury factor is on our side but how many times have backup players lit up the Bills? Answer = lots.

3 - Reasonable advantage for Bills.

4 - Way too early to assume any of this stuff. One game does not tell us much. Every week is a new week and every week there are upsets.

5 - Our recent home field advantage and our record on home openers has been poor. This in not the 90's. BTW - Uniforms, hope, and what the fans want mean nothing once the games starts.

We will in if we stop the run and avoid turnovers and penalties. We have to stop the run. Our men in the trenches have to match up on both sides of he ball. The Bills have a lot to prove and Oakland will be a formidable opponent. I think we can win but I expect a close game and we will need big plays from key people.

Edited by Bob in STL

I don't want to be disrespectful as I think Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus(who was probably the best player in this draft) are very good players but if they played on the raiders they would be backups to Tom kelly and R seymour. Your just talking about better players at this point.

We know roider- Shawn Merriman looks like he back on the cycle- sooner or later the nFl will catch him.

Again Raiders DE have a bigger miss match against your Ot's. Good luck trying to throw the football when pressure getting there real fast. Raiders secondary not covering that long will be over your Wr's.

When Raiders front four is living in your backfield you could have darren Mcfadden and it isn't going to matter. Rb is only as good as the oline in front of them.

I liked you till this comment.

Now you're back to being the enemy. Good luck this week. The better team will win and we will know about 4:00 est Sunday. If not sooner.

You can bad mouth our QB all you want but you really don't know what you are talking about. He has thrown 4 TDs in a single game 3 times in his last 14 games. This is the first time in his career that he has actually come out of training camp as the unquestioned starter giving him reps with all of the starting WRs on the team. Keep thinking that he is just average. If the Raiders believe that, they are going to regret it.

You guys are in for a very rude awakening. BTW, you sound a little grumpy. What's up with that.

I'm not bad mouthing the guy, I'm simply trying to figure out why he's this all pro QB is all

It was agaisnt the Bengals and Chiefs.. not 2 teams known for stellar secondaries

But he has also thrown just 1 TD in 6 games and put up a goose egg in another

Thats good he finally came out of training camp as the starter.. Thats not very difficult to do when you're competeting with Brian Brohm and Levi Brown fer cripes sake

I'm a bigger backer in guys finally making a name for themselves- Like Rich Gannon etc.. its a great story.. but ya gotta kinda wait and see before getting all gushy over the dude

Look man, I bash Campbell all the time, he had statiscally a better year last year than Fitzgerald.. why would I give Fitz a free pass when Campbell had a better year last year and I bash Campbell all the time?

Fitzpatrick 4-10 as a starter... 57% comp %, 23 TD's - 15 int's and a QB rating of 81%

Campbell --- 8-5 as a starter.....60% comp %, 13 TD's - 8 Int's and a QB rating of 85%

Keep in mind Fitzpatrick threw the ball 100 more times last year than Campbell did

I'm simply telling you there aint a whole lotta diffence between the 2, statiscally however, Campbell out played Fitz

If it makes ya fell any better..

Both are avg QB's at best, and nothing suggests either of them will lead their team to the SB

Really like your 5 reasons... here are a few more

6) Freddy + CJ > McFadden + Bush -............................................

stopped reading right there...

Five reasons why I don’t see Buffalo possibly losing this game:

1. Their win was more impressive against the Chiefs (10-6) than the Raider win against the Broncos (4-12). Both the Chiefs and Broncos were excited about their home opener… and both blew it. The Chiefs turned the ball over 3 times, leading to 17 points by the Bills. The Broncos turned the ball over 3 times as well, leading to 20 points by the Raiders. Both games should have been blow outs, right?

Well the Bills won by 34 points and the Raiders won by 3. Only THREE!! If Janikowski had not been kicking through the thin mile-high air, the Raiders would not have made that 63 yard field goal… and the game would have gone into overtime! Nearly going into overtime against a 4-12 team that shot themselves in the foot three times? How is that an impressive win?!

Not to mention that the Chiefs are a superior team to Denver.

I don't know where to start with this.. it's pure speculation. Conventional wisdom would say "Hey, we had a better win against a (supposedly) better team....so we HAVE to win, right?"

How many times have you seen your team get burned in situations like this? It happens all the time... this type of logic simply does not translate into gameday.

Raiders played ugly, yes... But they made the Broncos look uglier. Key to victory for the Bills? Don't get drawn into an ugly game.

2. The Raiders best players are hurt. Jacoby Ford is out, Darius Heyward-Bey is listed as questionable, so is Michael Huff, Kevin Boss, and Richard Seymour. Heck, even Jason Campbell and Darren McFadden are listed as probable. I don’t think the Raiders would beat the Bills even if all their guns were loaded… too bad the Raiders will be running on empty.

Much ado over nothing. Ford is out... Everybody else will be a go. Sheesh man, the NFL is very stringent with injury report details. EVERYTHING must be reported. lol, Raiders will not be "running on empty"

3. The Raiders had a short week (game ending around 2AM Tuesday morning EST). Therefore Oakland have had about 131 hours to rest and prepare for this game. The Bills on the other hand will have had 165 hours to rest and prepare. The Raiders have to fly from Denver-to Oakland- then to Buffalo (3907 miles)… while the Bills just have to come home (986 miles). Historically, teams in the Raiders position don’t play sharp on Sunday!

Yes, it's a disadvantage. Always has been. Raiders beat Pittsburgh in Pitt on a 1pm game in 09 though. So nothing is a given.

4. You could state an argument that the Chiefs are a better team than the Raiders because the Raiders are one dimensional. The Chiefs have pro bowlers Matt Cassel and Dwayne Bowe, while the Raiders have… um… Jason Campbell and… a questionable DHB? Yes, the Raiders have a good running attack… a great running attack… but so did the Chiefs and the Bills pretty much shut them down. The Bills will key on the run (putting 8 in the box) and dare Campbell to beat them in the air. I would argue that Charles = McFadden, but Cassel > Campell.

Chiefs are not better than the Raiders... if they were.. they wouldn't have been swept last year. Chiefs also lost Charlie Weis and Tony Moeaki and Brian Waters...Pretty significant pieces of the offense. And Cassell was playing way over his head last year. HE is not a good QB. Chiefs are really a trash team at the end of the day.

5. The Home Field advantage will give the Bills another huge advantage (even if they don’t it). Home opener… new uniforms… new hope… the Bills fans want this win badly, and you know the Bills players want it even more so! I don’t remember the last time the fans were so thirsty for a win against an 8-8 team that was not in the AFC East. The Ralph will be rocking on Sunday my friends… too bad for the Raiders.

They never had a chance…

That's why the game gets played...Good Luck!

I'm not bad mouthing the guy, I'm simply trying to figure out why he's this all pro QB is all

It was agaisnt the Bengals and Chiefs.. not 2 teams known for stellar secondaries

Thats good he finally came out of training camp as the starter.. Thats not very difficult to do when you're competeting with Brian Brohm and Levi Brown fer cripes sake

I'm a bigger backer in guys finally making a name for themselves- Like Rich Gannon etc.. its a great story.. but ya gotta kinda wait and see before getting all gushy over the dude

Look man, I bash Campbell all the time, he had statiscally a better year last year than Fitzgerald.. why would I give Fitz a free pass when Campbell had a better year last year and I bash Campbell all the time?

Fitzpatrick 4-10 as a starter... 57% comp %, 23 TD's - 15 int's and a QB rating of 81%

Campbell --- 8-5 as a starter.....60% comp %, 13 TD's - 8 Int's and a QB rating of 85%

Keep in mind Fitzpatrick threw the ball 100 more times last year than Campbell did

I'm simply telling you there aint a whole lotta diffence between the 2, statiscally however, Campbell out played Fitz

Both are avg QB's at best, and nothing suggests either of them will lead their team to the SB

I think Campbell managed the games better... but didn't actually play better overall.

I think a better comparison is Kyle Orton... Fitz and Kyle Ortons #'s are nearly identical. The glaring difference is while Fitz threw 3 more TD's... he also threw 6 more INT's. Orton protected the ball better and threw for more yards.

So, I don't follow this logic about "Broncos were a horrible team, Raiders barely beat them"... When the Bills actually resemble the Broncos, almost identically at position for position. Bills were better by one win.. You can even make the argument that the Broncos are a more talented team.

I just don't see where the hype is. Only one more day to clutch on to that win and tomorrow we find out if it was a fluke or not.

Edited by Bump

Remember Fitz did not start the first couple of games. People like to look at his overall stats for the season last year and he wasn't even playing in a couple of those games. Here are his stats for the last 16 games that he has actually started.

288-491 (58.6%) 3541 yards 31 Tds and 16 ints

Three 4 TD games in that span.

While not as impressive as Tom Brady's lofty statistics, this is hardly average. That's 31 TDs. If you think that's average, you are trash talking our QB. BTW, I really don't have a problem with trash talk. It makes the conversation more interesting and fun. Don't take offense. I didn't.

Bills will win. Mark my words. If your team is thinking like you, the game is all ready over. OK, I'll stop needling you now....I promise.

Edited by Rockinon

Remember Fitz did not start the first couple of games. People like to look at his overall stats for the season last year and he wasn't even playing in a couple of those games. Here are his stats for the last 16 games that he has actually started.

288-491 (58.6%) 3541 yards 31 Tds and 16 ints

Three 4 TD games in that span.

While not as impressive as Tom Brady's lofty statistics, this is hardly average. That's 31 TDs. If you think that's average, you are trash talking our QB. BTW, I really don't have a problem with trash talk. It makes the conversation more interesting and fun. Don't take offense. I didn't.

Bills will win. Mark my words. If your team is thinking like you, the game is all ready over. OK, I'll stop needling you now....I promise.

Oh no

C'mon man.. The Bills won 4 games last year.. 4.. Fitzpatick was 4-10 as a starter. He beat the Lions, Bengals, Browns and Dolphins

Show me 1 team of quality Fitzpatrick has ever beaten?

Ya cant.. He hasnt done it yet.. Not to say he wont this year, I hope he tears the Pats a new ass cause I hate them more than cancer itself.. But right now.. Today... He hasnt beaten any team worth a sh*t..

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell man

Well, we will show you one team of quality, by your assurances, tomorrow. All this malarkey about last years stats is barely relevant. No matter what side of the aisle you sit on or cheer from.

I completely respect the styles you have been using to create some fun debate accross our boards. You and raiderjoe have held up pretty well under a swarming Bills fandom.

But let me assure you; we are not last years Bills. I hope you folks continue to jump in when we play each other because it is good fun.

This is only going to hurt.. for about an hour. Then there will be significant bruising to your arses sirs that will last a bit longer.

It wasn't a comment to the effect that I think this game will be easy or that he is a trash talker, it was more that his unwavering belief that the Raiders are superior in just about every aspect is funny. He has a height weight speed retort to any possible matchup.

My personal fave was the post about how the Raiders secondary could win a relay race against the Bills receivers.rolleyes.gif

That's nice, Sonny. I'm sure you're right. And the game on Sunday will be Football.:devil:

Oh no

C'mon man.. The Bills won 4 games last year.. 4.. Fitzpatick was 4-10 as a starter. He beat the Lions, Bengals, Browns and Dolphins

Ya cant.. He hasnt done it yet.. Not to say he wont this year, I hope he tears the Pats a new ass cause I hate them more than cancer itself.. But right now.. Today... He hasnt beaten any team worth a sh*t..

OK, how about the first place team in your division, in their house, 41-7.

Edited by Rockinon

Well, we will show you one team of quality, by your assurances, tomorrow. All this malarkey about last years stats is barely relevant. No matter what side of the aisle you sit on or cheer from.

I completely respect the styles you have been using to create some fun debate accross our boards. You and raiderjoe have held up pretty well under a swarming Bills fandom.

But let me assure you; we are not last years Bills. I hope you folks continue to jump in when we play each other because it is good fun.

This is only going to hurt.. for about an hour. Then there will be significant bruising to your arses sirs that will last a bit longer.

If you beat the Raiders tomorrow, it'll be the best team you've beaten since the 2009 season

The Bills got worse last year, in 2009 they were 6-10, went 4-12 in 2010

Thats getting worse.. What is it that says the Bills will be better? A beating of a bad football team in the Chiefs?

Not impressed yet.. If the Bills beat Oakland tomorrow and continue to improve and beat a couple in division teams I'll be the first to come on here and give them credit.. And , by the way.. if the Raiders stink it up this and do worse than their 8-8 record last year.. I'll bash them to no end as well.. I'm notplaying favorites here.. Anybody that knows me knows I blast the Raiders and al Davis when they stink

Five Reason Raiders will win this game

1. Raiders are going to win the battle at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Raiders Dline versus Bills Oline. Raiders Oline versus Bills defenseline. You do that in any league and your most likely going to win the game.

2. Raiders have just far superior athlethes than the Bills all across the board against the Bills, that it will show on the football field

3. Raiders have just too much in the running game for the Bills to deal with. Immaterial what you did against Chiefs running game because Raiders rushing attack is so much diffrent. Raiders run more power blocking scheme and play with extra Olineman as Extra Te alot.(6 olineman) They can get to the corners but they can also run with power up the middle.

4. With The return of Te Kevin Boss Raiders have something the Bills didn't have to acount for last week . Raiders have Te beside Boss that will be matchup problems for your defense.

5 Playaction after Raiders establish the running game will lead to big plays down the field to their Wr's. You can only cover speed so long and playaction creates that time.

6. Raiders kicking game is better than Bills kicking game. If Bills keep it close this might actually decide the game.

I would have said field position battle but I would give your punter the edge in keeping it inside the twenty than raiders punter.

BTw what tels you the chiefs are better than the Broncos(maybe last year)

I know Denvers has been Raiders home away from Home the last four years. Still it counted as a road game as Raiders were at Denver. Lets see on national TV and in a hostile Arena with alot of guys getting their first taste of professional football. Raiders emotions should be alot more under control this week in Buffalo,

Maybe better looking as I haven't looked that close at either teams players like that. So i will trust you on that one. Better talent no way as raiders talent is superior jmo.

You're actually not quite right here.

Your kicker is good. Nice record last monday.

our kicker is pretty darn good too. keep in mind our kicker kicks in terrible weather. and still makes em.

our punter is usually our only probowler. lol

our kickers we are better, imo

kick protection, we're not that good. even though last week we contained the chiefs.

I hope the Bills dont think like the fans.

Yes it is going to be tough comming across country and on a short week, but if Buffalo doesnt execute this game is a lose.

I am a Bills fan. Campbell is still an NFL QB, he can throw the ball. He has had some good games in his career. Simply loading the box is not going to win this game.

If the Bills front 7 can control the line, then yes, the Bills should win this game.

I am liking Fitz more and more. But he is a very streaky QB, to say the least. He and all the team is going to be fired up. Its Chan's job to channel that energy positively and keep them focused.

If the Bills are as well coached in this game as they were in KC, then yes i think a victory is obtainable.

But by no means is it a cake walk.

yes it is, it wont even be close.

Y'know, it's hard to dislike a guy who can sweet-talk like this ;), even if he is a Raiders fan.

Opinion is mixed on Fitz among Buffalo fans.

What the favorable are seeing is this:

1) Bills were 4-4 to end the season, 4-3 in games Fitz played.

2) Bills took 3 playoff teams (Ravens, KC, and Stillers) to OT and lost by 3 points, and lost to a 4th playoff team (Bears) by 3 points

You're absolutely right, he hasn't done it yet.

If you come seeking knowledge, we'll tell you - don't take Fitz lightly.

If you come to talk up your team, we'll tell you - go ahead and take Fitz lightly.:devil:

A beating of a bad football team in the Chiefs?

Not impressed yet..

Chronic, now its you who seem to be confused and talking silly.

Last year, the Chiefs went to the playoffs. The Raiders went home.

Last year, the Chiefs went 10-6, including a meaningless loss to the Raiders the last week.

The Raiders went 9-7, including a meaningless win over the Chiefs the last week.

No offense, but what makes the Chiefs a bad football team?

The fact that they had a better record than the Raiders last year and went to the playoffs?

The fact that the Bills beat them last week?

The fact that last year, they were better than the Raiders, including in their running game and some would say Hali?

See you on Sunday.

Oh no

we stomped on your current divison winner last week

that's 1 team

responding to your list.

1 - Last week means nothing. Margin of victory means less.

2 - True, injury factor is on our side but how many times have backup players lit up the Bills? Answer = lots.

3 - Reasonable advantage for Bills.

4 - Way too early to assume any of this stuff. One game does not tell us much. Every week is a new week and every week there are upsets.

5 - Our recent home field advantage and our record on home openers has been poor. This in not the 90's. BTW - Uniforms, hope, and what the fans want mean nothing once the games starts.

We will in if we stop the run and avoid turnovers and penalties. We have to stop the run. Our men in the trenches have to match up on both sides of he ball. The Bills have a lot to prove and Oakland will be a formidable opponent. I think we can win but I expect a close game and we will need big plays from key people.

Huh. All the meaning of a Hopeful post in 20% of the words. I have a new standard to grow up to.

:worthy: