2011's Surprise Team

With the Bills getting some national love and the Sabres now on their championship journey, it really is the best it's been around here in 20 years! Go BUFFALO------

What the hell am I missing here w/ the Sabres? Yeah, they have a new owner and they signed 2 FA's in the off season. That's what, the 3rd time this has happened in the last decade? The last time we saw them, they we're bowing out of the 1st Round of the playoffs -as usual. Am I supposed to be happy they made the playoffs with a late season flourish, only to slink away in a week? OK, I'll buy that as playoffs have become harder to achieve for Buffalo in a League where virtually everyone gets to attend except the very bad.

Why have they become the darlings of Buffalo with little to show for anything, yet Bashing the Bills is considered a birthright? A shiney new toy owner?? yeeesh!

As for Bills love from the media, lose Sunday and last week becomes an aborition and we're right back to the brunt of all football jokes where -as Bledsoe put it- players are banished to.

Don Banks of SI is calling the Bills maybe this year's surprise team. Feel the love:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/09/15/bills.turnaround/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

After one lousy game? Please. There truly is too much media in this country.

Amazing what winning can do. I don't think there were this many bandwagon jumpers in the beginning of the 2008 5-1 season.

And if they lose Sunday it all goes in the other direction.