Best Moments as a fan of the Buffalo Bills

LGB

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. That victory over the Raiders in the AFC Championship was tremendous. My buddy & I, just out of college at the time, had smuggled a bottle of booze each into the stadium. We vowed to take a pull each time the Bills scored. Needless to say, we were totaled by the end of the first half. After the rout was over, as we made our way back to the car, 97 Rock or another local station was *blasting* "Southbound" by the Allman Brothers in lot somewhere on Abbott Road to celebrate the fact the Bills were headed to Tampa for our first Super Bowl appearance. There had to be 300 Bills fans dancing their happy a**es off in that lot. That song forever will remind me of that blissfully happy moment. Good times...May there be many, many more...

That is a really awesome memory, thanks for sharing! And double kudos for sharing such an awesome song by the Allmans. It made me happy just jammin' out to it at work.

Go Bills!

Oh, and my .02 on proudest/best/happiest moment as a Bills fan, I would have to vote for 31-0 blasting we gave to N.E. in the 2003 opener. (That was my first ever trip to the Ralph!) But, also the 1995 Wild Card playoff game where we racked up a playoff-record rushing total vs. Miami. I went to school with a lot of Dolphins fans, so that one was ultra-sweet!

Edited by The Kaz

The comeback against the Oilers in the playoffs where I was the only person in the house still listening to the game because the rest of my family had given up hope...

I almost stopped recording that game at halftime. I always record every Bills playoff game to keep, but I was convinced to keep the VCR rolling. Good thing...

The best moment for me had to be the 51-3 game, followed closely by the comeback.

Honorable mention - the'93 AFC Championship game against Kansas City. Everyone was griping because they didn't want to see the Bills lose in the Superbowl again. The entire team came out and rolled the Chiefs and knocked out Joe Montana. The best was the sign in the stands that said "We're baaaaaaaaack! Deal with it America!".