Lee Evans Sighting

Homey D. Clown

Apparently Joe Flacco didn't, did anyone around here know if he played in the opener against Pittsburgh, and if he did, about how many plays?

For the record, I loved him as a player with first class character when he was here, but while very surprised at the time of the trade, i didn't think it was going to hurt this team at all. It's sad to see him fall so far from where he was in 2006.

people were more upset that the Bills only got a 4th rounder in return not that the Bills actually traded him

2006 was 5 years ago which is a lifetime in sports

No, people were more upset he was traded. A 4th rounder is the most you expect, if not a good deal, for a player on the wrong side of 30 who hasn't been his team's leading WR for 2 straight seasons.

Apparently Joe Flacco didn't, did anyone around here know if he played in the opener against Pittsburgh, and if he did, about how many plays?

For the record, I loved him as a player with first class character when he was here, but while very surprised at the time of the trade, i didn't think it was going to hurt this team at all. It's sad to see him fall so far from where he was in 2006.

We dont need him!!!!!!!!!

No, people were more upset he was traded. A 4th rounder is the most you expect, if not a good deal, for a player on the wrong side of 30 who hasn't been his team's leading WR for 2 straight seasons.

A 4th rounder was exactly what he was worth IMO, I think the Bills were fielding plenty of calls for a 5th. It looks like the Ravens are using him exactly how the Bills did, basically just send him deep every play and throw it underneath him. He'll do ok on the Ravens, he's just a boom or bust guy...That's why we traded him.

It's a good thing this site has tools like you lurking around, otherwise people might actually get a question answered in a thread.

Thanks for your worthless fodder.

+1, no one is forcing anyone to read or respond to a thread...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Read on ESPN.com (I think) that Lee had 2 balls thrown to him (0 catches) and his mere presence opened up all the underneath stuff for Flacco & the Ravens offense.

Just sayin . . . it's still 0 catches and yards, 0 fantasy points (tho I don't play) and I'd rather the Bills go 'young' and work with guys who can get open anywhere on the field. I am confident one (or more) of these guys will be able to stretch the field for us, as well as catch slants and run intermediate and deep middle routes. And gain separation from their defender.

Lee could only stretch the field. Still a great guy and a benefit to any team he's on, but it was time for the Bills to move on.

Read on ESPN.com (I think) that Lee had 2 balls thrown to him (0 catches) and his mere presence opened up all the underneath stuff for Flacco & the Ravens offense.

Just sayin . . . it's still 0 catches and yards, 0 fantasy points (tho I don't play) and I'd rather the Bills go 'young' and work with guys who can get open anywhere on the field. I am confident one (or more) of these guys will be able to stretch the field for us, as well as catch slants and run intermediate and deep middle routes. And gain separation from their defender.

Lee could only stretch the field. Still a great guy and a benefit to any team he's on, but it was time for the Bills to move on.

It seems like a lot to put on your offense when all a player can do is stretch the field. I wish him well, and thanks NNGU for researching...