tucker carlson calls Bush a Coward.

At the risk of appearing political I offer the following observation.

Bush has repeatedly and continually marketed himself at the anti-terrorism president. If that's his identity and self proclaimed mission, why is 9 blocks worth of security necessary in NYC?

Yeah, we're real fricken safe!

Bush has repeatedly and continually marketed himself at the anti-terrorism presidend.  If that's his identity and self proclaimed mission, why is 9 blocks worth of security necessary in NYC? 

12320[/snapback]

You are naive. Think about it a while and come back. If you consider this an insult. OK. Beat me up...

this ol' nose-pickin, flightsuit mincing, mission accomplished, halliburton lovin nominee....

This is the kind of intelligent post that is what is driving people away from here. I'm considering leaving myself. There is no arguing with zealots.

Bush has repeatedly and continually marketed himself at the anti-terrorism president.  If that's his identity and self proclaimed mission, why is 9 blocks worth of security necessary in NYC? 

12320[/snapback]

And your prescription to ensure safety in an area that is hosts thousands of workers, and has 3 major rail lines, and 6 subway lines running directly beneath the building?

Your logic reminds me of inanity I heard on the radio today - while there are under 10,000 people here directly related to RNC (who are all inside MSG) and up to 300,000 protesters in the streets, guess who got blamed for the traffic tie-ups?

This is the kind of intelligent post that is what is driving people away from here. I'm considering leaving myself. There is no arguing with zealots.

12370[/snapback]

you can click on a user's name and choose to ignore them....

Nah.  How could a guy who assists in planning and counter terrorism for a living have any insight?

12369[/snapback]

The simple fact of the matter is that we are more at risk than any time in history. Our response to the horrific acts of 9/11 has been underwhelming at best. Here's something for you to ponder:

1. Rather than engage in this ridiculous war in Iraq, perhaps the administration could have deployed our troops to secure THIS country. There are, at present count, 974 dead U.S. soliders. I bet their parents would have preferred that they stayed home and secured our borders.

2. The war, which no one at the convention wants to talk about, has cost over $130 BILLION dollars. Ironically, our fiscally prudent president doesn't talk about paying for it.

If your concerned about security, here's a chart that might help you out:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2004/08/...0808_opart.html

It's easy to support Bush when it's not your child that's dead.

The simple fact of the matter is that we are more at risk than any time in history.  Our response to the horrific acts of 9/11 has been underwhelming at best.  Here's something for you to ponder:

1.  Rather than engage in this ridiculous war in Iraq, perhaps the administration could have deployed our troops to secure THIS country.  There are, at present count, 974 dead U.S. soliders.  I bet their parents would have preferred that they stayed home and secured our borders. 

2.  The war, which no one at the convention wants to talk about, has cost over $130 BILLION dollars.  Ironically, our fiscally prudent president doesn't talk about paying for it.

If your concerned about security, here's a chart that might help you out:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2004/08/...0808_opart.html

It's easy to support Bush when it's not your child that's dead.

12571[/snapback]

Here's a simple little exercise for you. Look at my post again. Figure out who I was talking about. Now that you are done with that, smack yourself in the fuggin' head for bringing up George Bush when it has ASS to do with the post YOU replied to.

Give yourself another nipple pinch for saying I support President Bush or the War in Iraq. When you're done, understand that I am a combat veteran who has seen VERY good men die for this country. I don't need some pissant to tell me how that goes, because I didn't see it on cable from the comfort of a fuggin' LA-Z-BOY.

Here's a simple little exercise for you.  Look at my post again.  Figure out who I was talking about.  Now that you are done with that, smack yourself in the fuggin' head for bringing up George Bush when it has ASS to do with the post YOU replied to.

Give yourself another nipple pinch for saying I support President Bush or the War in Iraq.  When you're done, understand that I am a combat veteran who has seen VERY good men die for this country.  I don't need some pissant to tell me how that goes, because I didn't see it on cable from the comfort of a fuggin' LA-Z-BOY.

12587[/snapback]

See that's what I mean... Why ratchet it up? I don't recall him calling you any names?

Try to understand other POV's. Maybe he hasn't been here often to know your stance?... Like that is easy? It has got to take people, along with a great memory, a lot of time to figure out one’s POV. Now you know why people show a lack of interest. Somebody shows some passion over an issue and they get beat over the head with the name calling.

Get an ounce of security and maybe you can respond with a cognizant reply. Better yet, don't respond at all... Maybe they will take time to understand you? You gotta constantly get into a "pissing contest".

People out there have a lot of varying opinions, yes they might not be yours. You do create a vexing image, yet somehow wrap it up in simplicity? It is okay... It really is.

Be cool. Others out there too...

Ahhh... WTF! Just get over it with and tell me to got to hell... :unsure:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
See that's what I mean... Why ratchet it up?  I don't recall him calling you any names?

Try to understand other POV's.  Maybe he hasn't been here often to know your stance?... Like that is easy?  It has got to take people, along with a great memory, a lot of time to figure out one’s POV.  Now you know why people show a lack of interest.  Somebody shows some passion over an issue and they get beat over the head with the name calling. 

Get an ounce of security and maybe you can respond with a cognizant reply.  Better yet, don't respond at all... Maybe they will take time to understand you?  You gotta constantly get into a "pissing contest".

People out there have a lot of varying opinions, yes they might not be yours.  You do create a vexing image, yet somehow wrap it up in simplicity?  It is okay... It really is.

Be cool.  Others out there too...

Ahhh... WTF!  Just get over it with and tell me to got to hell... :unsure:

12686[/snapback]

That would be too hard... name-calling and insults are FAR more easier to churn out around here, I've noticed....

'the left don't usually get sarcasm' insult

'that's the kind of intelligent post around here...' biting sarcasm

'pissant' name

'zealot' name

'naive' name

'I'm sure your post will be loaded with insight' biting sarcasm after 'naive'

By my count, that's 5-1 in favor of the conservative branch of the board.

I think it's time EVERYONE cooled off a bit and took a chill pill.. just my 2 cents.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

To be FAIR, I have seen some doozies from the other side as well in other topics; I was just analyzing this one particular one. MAYBE that's what I should do.. take a running tally of insults and name calling, just like a score! I could have my own website, have cool links, bring in guest commentators...

WELL... NAAAAAAAAAAAH!! ;):w00t::unsure:

It feels good to laugh. Everyone try it! :doh:

See that's what I mean... Why ratchet it up?  I don't recall him calling you any names?

Try to understand other POV's.  Maybe he hasn't been here often to know your stance?... Like that is easy?  It has got to take people, along with a great memory, a lot of time to figure out one’s POV.  Now you know why people show a lack of interest.  Somebody shows some passion over an issue and they get beat over the head with the name calling. 

Get an ounce of security and maybe you can respond with a cognizant reply.  Better yet, don't respond at all... Maybe they will take time to understand you?  You gotta constantly get into a "pissing contest".

People out there have a lot of varying opinions, yes they might not be yours.  You do create a vexing image, yet somehow wrap it up in simplicity?  It is okay... It really is.

Be cool.  Others out there too...

Ahhh... WTF!  Just get over it with and tell me to got to hell... :unsure:

12686[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. I should ignore the fact that the guy took what I said and turned it into a "why he hates President Bush" thread and accuses me of being a blind supporter of same - even though my post had to do ONLY with the credibility of one of the posters on this board.

As for having an opinion opposite my own: Everyone is certainly entitled but I'm more than a little tired of having every fuggin' thread on this board hijacked with the same 5 talking points that each side has to run with. Mike's post had NOTHING new in it, just the same ad nauseam crap that has been repeated over and over again. I'm pretty sure by now I understand them.

People show a lack of interest because it is the easiest thing to do. That's the direction our society has been going for quite awhile. I don't need your parental advice. Take that for what it's worth.

That would be too hard... name-calling and insults are FAR more easier to churn out around here, I've noticed....

'the left don't usually get sarcasm' insult

'that's the kind of intelligent post around here...' biting sarcasm

'pissant' name

'zealot' name

'naive' name

'I'm sure your post will be loaded with insight' biting sarcasm after 'naive'

By my count, that's 5-1 in favor of the conservative branch of the board.

I think it's time EVERYONE cooled off a bit and took a chill pill.. just my 2 cents.

12701[/snapback]

It could also be fatigue. The board regulars have been debating this issue nonstop since 2001, with a wide variety of expert opinions (which are generally taken more seriously) thrown in the mix. Thus, it gets tiring when a poster comes over the transom and believes that he's discovered America by proclaiming that we're still not safe. I don't really fault AD for blowing his top, because he's been vocal about being against the war, but also defers to BiB's opinion on whether there are measures put in place to ensure safety.

The discussion deteriorates when people throw out jargonistic soundbites without putting much thought into a post.

Of course the war is costing us a lot of money. But, what would be the cost if we didn't take pre-emptive action?

Or the idea of taking all the troops out of foreign lands, and just focus on protecting the US? I'm guessing that you're in the military, so maybe you can give an oipinion of military strategy that solely focuses on defense. Never mind the complexity of totally securing every inch of th USA.

As to the linked NYT chart of potential cost redeployment, call me crazy, but I'd much rather spend $10Bn overseas to change the regimes, then give it to the airline industry to install protection devices from RPGs