Great article on Kevin Everett by Tim Graham

bbb

It was a fantastic read. Sorry to see Everett doesn't seem to talk to his former teammates anymore, I'm sure they would be a great support group.

I don't know. There's something to that part. It really pissed me off and some others on here, when he had his "First Annual" golf tourney here for that foundation that Tim says never got off the ground, and not one current Bills player showed up. Jim Kelly was there, and probably some other former ones.......But, I think that was the last time Kevin was here, and there's something that is not being said about that, I think.

I don't know. There's something to that part. It really pissed me off and some others on here, when he had his "First Annual" golf tourney here for that foundation that Tim says never got off the ground, and not one current Bills player showed up. Jim Kelly was there, and probably some other former ones.......But, I think that was the last time Kevin was here, and there's something that is not being said about that, I think.

I see both aspects. The thing he needs to do is to truly let go and and embrace his life for what it is. I can see how it would be very difficult do give up a dream, to feel cheated, but he was given the chance to live and walk again. He could do some great things if he wanted to and i know the people of WNY would support him. At least I i would.

Not a big fan of Graham's either and I got bored reading the lengthy article. Granted, I suffered nearly the same injury the same way. C-3/C-4 split, contused spine.

I feel everything he feels, though I can run a bit. Very wierd the way limbs are affected by spinal injuries that still allow a person to walk and function.

As one who experienced this, I say Move on, Kevin.

Not a big fan of Graham's either and I got bored reading the lengthy article. Granted, I suffered nearly the same injury the same way. C-3/C-4 split, contused spine.

I feel everything he feels, though I can run a bit. Very wierd the way limbs are affected by spinal injuries that still allow a person to walk and function.

As one who experienced this, I say Move on, Kevin.

Wow - did you really? Car accident?

I see both aspects. The thing he needs to do is to truly let go and and embrace his life for what it is. I can see how it would be very difficult do give up a dream, to feel cheated, but he was given the chance to live and walk again. He could do some great things if he wanted to and i know the people of WNY would support him. At least I i would.

I would, too. I'd love to send him my support somehow now......But, I just don't get how none of him teammates showed up at his golf tourney.

"Everett isn't leading the life he envisioned, but he seems to have found a rewarding purpose in his life.."

True of nearly everyone on the planet. Informative article but I *hate* the tone of despair and woulda coulda instead of appreciating huge second chances and the family around you.

Some men would kill to be able to walk and run again.

Some men would kill to be around their children that much.

"He also receives $16,920 a year in pension as a player with three years of experience. It was reported when the Bills released Everett in 2008 they would pay the full $460,000 base salary for his last season, but Armstead said the Bills agreed to pay only a portion."

:thumbdown:

Football. Head to head w/ a teammate @ practice. 26 years ago. The effects are ever-lasting.

Wow - I'm sure they are ever-lasting......I always wondered if somebody who had a devastating injury like that would end up hating football or still loving it. Probably goes both ways, but you being here says you're in the latter......Great job on overcoming that, and moving on with life.