Beating the Raiders

RevWarRifleman

The one thing that makes me hopeful is that KC runs a lot of stretch plays, Oakland likes to run between the tackles. I think that plays more to the Bills strength against the run... of course Oak could always just gameplan a lot of stretch plays too....

With that said:

Bills 51

Raiders: 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I57EZLhJn7g

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right? How is no one mentioning that after every third play someone on the Raiders was penalized for punching a Bronco? I have never seen a game with more personal fouls. Even (who was calling the game? that guy.) was getting irritated by all the "chippiness." How do you beat the Raiders? Don't punch back. Run a couple plays, get the ball moved to the red zone due to the inevitable three personal foul penalties, toss a td, repeat. Yes I'm being facetious, but a team that undisciplined simply cannot win against a team that keeps its head on straight

That being said, I am worried about that pass rush

I really, really, want to suscribe to your "Don't punch back" philosophy. However, the reality is that people have feelings. Even big, burly, strong, offensive linemen can be reduced to kids in a sandbox with the right distraction. That, I feel, is a BIG part of the Raiders game. -Taking you out of yours with chippiness, naked aggression, and good old fashioned, bad-guy stufff. Say whatever you want, it sure worked last night! Kyle's o-line got so wrapped up in hand to hand combat, that they forgot to protect him sometimes. Of course, the crowd chanting Tee-bow! Tee-bow! didn't help much either. Our best bet is shut our emotions off after the whistle, and turn them on when the play starts. The Raiders are officially on notice after their shameful behavior yesterday. If they start that crap again, there will be ejections. -Mostly on their side I hope.

If we are winning, we can give the ball to Freddy 20 times. If we are losing, gotta pass a lot. Freddy not getting 20 carries is a symptom of losing, not a cure for losing.

I respectfully disagree. Running the ball is major factor for winning if you are successful enough. To keep the defense honest at least. We appear to have that with Freddy. I was very impressed with him last weekend. He has some fire in there right now..

I still feel this might be our defense's game to win or lose. If we are able to get the D pushing well and repeat discipline position as we were last week we should make some plays. Barnett will be a key player and Bryan Scott may look as good as last week.

This game is even more exciting than last Sunday, which was one hell of a way to start a Bills season.

"One game at a time."

They always like to play man to man pass defense. That could be difficult since they are starting a rookie CB (Van Dycke) who is talented but still a rookie. Brees picked the kid apart in the preseason game I saw.

Raiders are mixing up their coverages now more than they ever have. The Raiders two starting Cbs chis Johnson and Stanford Routt were near the top of the top cb in burn percentage. Van Dycke skills are better suited for playing inside.(nickel) I wouldn't gauge Raiders defense off what you saw in the preseason. Alot of guys that aren't even on this roster were playing in those games.

I really, really, want to suscribe to your "Don't punch back" philosophy. However, the reality is that people have feelings. Even big, burly, strong, offensive linemen can be reduced to kids in a sandbox with the right distraction. That, I feel, is a BIG part of the Raiders game. -Taking you out of yours with chippiness, naked aggression, and good old fashioned, bad-guy stufff. Say whatever you want, it sure worked last night! Kyle's o-line got so wrapped up in hand to hand combat, that they forgot to protect him sometimes. Of course, the crowd chanting Tee-bow! Tee-bow! didn't help much either. Our best bet is shut our emotions off after the whistle, and turn them on when the play starts. The Raiders are officially on notice after their shameful behavior yesterday. If they start that crap again, there will be ejections. -Mostly on their side I hope.

Raiders dline is one of the best in the game. I hope the bils have more respect for that Dline than their fans do because they better bring their A game or this game could get ugly real fast for them. You can't win the game in the trenches your most likely not winning this game. Eric Pears shouldn't be starting on anyone Oline- K wimbley and L Houston will have their way with him allk day.

Edited by Raiderjoe

Raiders are mixing up their coverages now more than they ever have. The Raiders two starting Cbs chis Johnson and Stanford Routt were near the top of the top cb in burn percentage. Van Dycke skills are better suited for playing inside.(nickel) I wouldn't gauge Raiders defense off what you saw in the preseason. Alot of guys that aren't even on this roster were playing in those games.

Raiders dline is one of the best in the game. I hope the bils have more respect for that Dline than their fans do because they better bring their A game or this game could get ugly real fast for them. You can't win the game in the trenches your most likely not winning this game. Eric Pears shouldn't be starting on anyone Oline- K wimbley and L Houston will have their way with him allk day.

I agree that the Bills OL will not have the same experience as KC last week, but Chan has to know this as well and will likely use TEs and quick drops to move the chains (BTW - Orton still threw for 300 yards last night).