Are the 2011 Bills really that good

Hplarrm

I was veru imptrssed with the Bills today.

This team strikes me as the real deal. They will not score over 40 probably ever again on the road, However, even if they were the recipient of a lot of things going our way, to some extent I think we made our own luck great scheming amd superior play.

I think this win eas also somewhat inflated by the Cheifs being so hurt and bad as players. However, this win was darn impressive.

Even Gailet seened pleasantly surprised.

I was veru imptrssed with the Bills today.

This team strikes me as the real deal. They will not score over 40 probably ever again on the road, However, even if they were the recipient of a lot of things going our way, to some extent I think we made our own luck great scheming amd superior play.

I think this win eas also somewhat inflated by the Cheifs being so hurt and bad as players. However, this win was darn impressive.

Even Gailet seened pleasantly surprised.

As always the Truth lies some where in between. The Bills have improved their team both by better-by-addition and better-by-subtraction. They definitely had a swagger in them yesterday as they dismantled the Chiefs. The Chiefs on the other hand have had a troubled off season, two major controversies in the last pre-season game, and probably looking past the Bills. Kudos to Gailey for keeping the young team focussed throughout the game. IT was very nice to see Dareus bang his head on the false start, knowing that the play puts away the game.

Little of both. KC was a 10 win team from a very weak Division last year -we KNOW they stole 1 of those wins.. They lost Weis to UF and Cassel just isn't very good. Charles, on the other hand is VERY good. More than stopping him, we took him out of the game by a big lead. Our offense was steady and determined all day, and the D & Cassel conspired to give them way too many 3& outs.

To me, this game was all about Ryan Fitzpatrick. We knew he was capable, but with nearly a full year under his belt in Gailey's offense, it was imperative that he take the BIG step that the VERY good QB's take, minimizing mistakes, while creating opportunitiesfor his playmakers.

He performed admirably!

I'll say this -- even the doormats of the league don't get beaten by 34 points at home by "mediocre" teams. Take what you want from that.

It's a great start. Now we get Oakland, who will be traveling across the country after a Monday night game. Need to make statement #2.

i don't know if we should be number 1 in espns power rankings, but ill say this.

our record last year was 4-12, but the second half of the season, we were a .500 ball ckub, and the second quarter of the season, we played great ball, taking some of the leagues best right down to the wire.

this team, this year, is better than that team, last year.

when you looked at our schedule BEFORE YESTERDAY, to me, 13 games were in play (all but the new england and philly games.)

now? i think it's fair to say that every game is "winnable," which to me means, when you sit down in front of the tv on sunday, beer in hand, bills shirt on back, for 3 hours of football, the first thought shouldn't be "how will we lose." every game from now til week 17 is watchable/meaningful.

sure, the chiefs aren't a great team, but you know what? 20 teams don't even make the playoffs in this league. not every week is going to be a decisive win over the leagues best. but new england and pittsburgh don't make conference championship appearances every year by playing each other 16 times a season - they do it by beating teams like the 2009 buffalo bills consistently. give me 10 wins like yesterday over the cincinnatis and miamis of the league, and let the chips fall where they may.

let's grab a wildcard before we start asking ourselves what wins mean.

Edited by JohnnyGold

i don't know if we should be number 1 in espns power rankings, but ill say this.

our record last year was 4-12, but the second half of the season, we were a .500 ball ckub, and the second quarter of the season, we played great ball, taking some of the leagues best right down to the wire.

this team, this year, is better than that team, last year.

when you looked at our schedule BEFORE YESTERDAY, to me, 13 games were in play (all but the new england and philly games.)

now? i think it's fair to say that every game is "winnable," which to me means, when you sit down in front of the tv on sunday, beer in hand, bills shirt on back, for 3 hours of football, the first thought shouldn't be "how will we lose." every game from now til week 17 is watchable/meaningful.

sure, the chiefs aren't a great team, but you know what? 20 teams don't even make the playoffs in this league. not every week is going to be a decisive win over the leagues best. but new england and pittsburgh don't make conference championship appearances every year by playing each other 16 times a season - they do it by beating teams like the 2009 buffalo bills consistently. give me 10 wins like yesterday over the cincinnatis and miamis of the league, and let the chips fall where they may.

let's grab a wildcard before we start asking ourselves what wins mean.

a wildcard would be nice, but the real barometer will be if we can break the streak of 15 straight losses to NE.

Realize this. You can either be very, very sharp and crisp in a blowout or be very sloppy in a blow out. Yesterday's ballgame, the Bills were sharp, crisp, very focused, you name it, all good signs of a good team. I don't know what everyone else saw of the starts in preseason, but outside the Denver game, one they didn't game plan for, I saw the sharpness and crispness. That is most promising and this is a sign of better things to come.

Regards to Oakland coming in Sunday, for football fans who like warfare in the trenches, Sunday's game will serve a great dish of very physical O and D line play. Oakland's O and D line's are big and physical and will be a great test for our young guys on both sides. Will be another fun game. But as another stadium waller put it, Oakland has to fly cross country after a late Monday nighter.

Too early to tell how good this team. But, it was encouraging to see a good win on the road.

The two things that have me really concerned is ...

1) The defensive secondary made most of the tackles, by far. I don't think the front seven managed more than a handfull of tackles. Something to watch.

2) The lights mave have been turned out on "lights out". From what I saw, he looks like he's got nothing left in the tank. No explosiveness.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

For one game? Yes to both.

We'll see what happens this upcoming weekend against the Raiders. :)

You are absolutely correct in your focus like a laser beam on Oakland. After we shellacked the Chiefs yesterday, my mind went to the Oakland match-up and made an initial assessment of a OAK being a team which has been historically bad in the recent past which will need to fly across country after yheir last game (which turns out to be a Monday nighter so thwir recovery/reorientaton week is even shorter).

However, though my mind went to this analysis, my heart quickly started thinking we might face NE in week 3 at 2-0 at home. Could we actually end the 15 game drought and end up a game aheaad of NR......

just shut up man.

Actually, I am just a fan so its fine for me to dream about 16-0 (nay 19-0) seasons.

In the real fake world, I just hope that Gailey is successful in getting this young team to focus on one game at a time.

The players looking ahead to being 3-0 is the best way to end up 1-2.