COY WIRE SUCKS THREAD

Rudyc80

I dont want to turn this into a race issue, (but that's what I am doing) because i HATE when people use the race card for every little thing, but I bet you if (IF) Coy Wire was a fast, athletic, tall black kid, with the EXACT same talent (he would be a young Lawyer Milloy) , he wouldnt have HALF the fans he does today. ( I explain why he has fans below) He would be torn apart for his poor play. (There would be a CW Sucks thread)

Am I saying that our fans (white, beer lovin', over 35, blue collar) are racist? Absolutly not. It is just that in this day of the NFL, the very best athletes at that position {and most other positions} is (are) black. People ( I assume) enjoy rooting for coy wire because he is a young, SHORT, somewhat overacheiving {for his size} white kid from east bumblef--k (California) who for some reason they feel they can relate to. (You can't like him just because he's a Buffalo Bill) The loveable loser, maybe? (-e) (Yeah, Tasker & Pike were losers)

He sucks (at changing positions) and he's shown it.(that's why he's one of four for player of the game at bb.com today) He does play with heart (that's not important in the NFL) but ask "Rudy" {ya know, from the movie} and he will tell you that heart will get you nothing but one gimmee sack after years of hard work. ( except a degree from Notre Dame, a movie deal and a career as a motivational speaker)

Go ahead and flame away - but please realize that what I said is more than likely true.

I dont want to turn this into a race issue, (but that's what I am doing) because i HATE when people use the race card for every little thing, but I bet you if (IF) Coy Wire was a fast, athletic, tall black kid, with the EXACT same talent (he would be a young Lawyer Milloy) , he wouldnt have HALF the fans he does today. ( I explain why he has fans below)  He would be torn apart for his poor play. (There would be a CW Sucks thread)

Am I saying that our fans (white, beer lovin', over 35, blue collar) are racist? Absolutly not. It is just that in this day of the NFL, the very best athletes at that position {and most other positions} is (are) black. People ( I assume) enjoy rooting for coy wire because he is a young, SHORT, somewhat overacheiving {for his size} white kid from east bumblef--k (California) who for some reason they feel they can relate to. (You can't like him just because he's a Buffalo Bill) The loveable loser, maybe? (-e)  (Yeah, Tasker & Pike were losers) 

He sucks (at changing positions) and he's shown it.(that's why he's one of four for player of the game at bb.com today) He does play with heart (that's not important in the NFL) but ask "Rudy" {ya know, from the movie} and he will tell you that heart will get you nothing but one gimmee sack after years of hard work. ( except a degree from Notre Dame, a movie deal and a career as a motivational speaker)

Go ahead and flame away - but please realize that what I said is more than likely true.

12388[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but isn't Wire half Asian? IF so, you may be a jackass.

I dont want to turn this into a race issue, because i HATE when people use the race card for every little thing, but I bet you if Coy Wire was a fast, athletic, tall black kid, with the EXACT same talent, he wouldnt have HALF the fans he does today.  He would be torn apart for his poor play.

Am I saying that our fans are racist? Absolutly not. It is just that in this day of the NFL, the very best athletes at that position (and most other positions) is black. People enjoy rooting for coy wire because he is a young, SHORT, somewhat overacheiving (for his size) white kid from east bumblef--k who for some reason they feel they can relate to. The loveable loser, maybe?

He sucks and he's shown it. He does play with heart, but ask "Rudy" (ya know, from the movie) and he will tell you that heart will get you nothing but one gimmee sack after years of hard work.

12224[/snapback]

Great post, agree 100%.

IMO this is quite similar to the Antoine Winfield situation,

where "vertically-challenged" Bills fans could relate to

an similarly undersized CB who could hit harder than

average-sized NFL CB's. These fans ignored AW's coverage

and ball skill deficiencies, cause he was "one of them".

Also a factor with both AW and Wire is the need & desire for

most Bills fans to see players drafted on day 1 become big successes.

Easy to turn a blind eye to their shortcomings.

And flame away I will!  What is up with you today?  Race?  are you kidding me?

When exactly has Coy Wire "shown" that he sucks?  Was this during his rookie season when the entire defense sucked and he was in his first NFL season trying to go from LB to Safety??  Is that what you are talking about?

Or maybe it's from camp this year where he was once again switching positions and being asked to play FS...a position that Coy has no buisness playing.  Yes...the FS position IS much different than SS.

Or maybe it was from this past game where he played pretty damn well in his limited time on the field and INT Manning?

Do I think Coy is as good as Milloy?  No!  Is he a top SS in the league?  No!

Are you an idiot for everything you just said in your post?  Yes!

12242[/snapback]

I agree with everything Bear says, everything...You clowns have no reason to think Coy will play poorly...

He sucks and he's shown it. He does play with heart, but ask "Rudy" (ya know, from the movie) and he will tell you that heart will get you nothing but one gimmee sack after years of hard work.

12224[/snapback]

Please provide examples of him sucking.