If JAX safety Donovin Darius is suspended...

Peace Frog

If Darius gets suspended for this weekend's game vs Houston, how much impact would that have?  The Texans do like to throw alot.

169496[/snapback]

Yaeh, and hopefullt league will do it on Wed, giving them less time to game plan. NOw seriosly, if the NFL suspends him, is there an appeals process and how does that work?

My guess will be just a fine

Yaeh, and hopefullt league will do it on Wed, giving them less time to game plan. NOw seriosly, if the NFL suspends him, is there an appeals process and how does that work?

My guess will be just a fine

169517[/snapback]

He may be suspended. I've seen helmet-to-helmets that got one-gamers.

ask anyone on the Jax team, and they'll tell you he is the Vet leader on D in the locker room and on the field. At least that's what I heard when they had that training camp show on NFL Network.

another reason I doubt he did it intentionally. He has been with the team all his career, and for a Vet leader of that team, with the D that they have, so why would he try to take the guy out blatantly? That's usually a dumb play by a less experienced player.

But, hopefully it hurts their chances of winning :)

Darius is more of a run-support guy than a cover guy, so (unfortunately) I don't think it'll have a dramatic effect on Jax's ability to stop Houston's respectable passing game. Our best hope for a negative effect is from the bad vibes and distraction caused by the situation.

I just feel bad for Ferguson, who's still in the hospital.

What happened?

169746[/snapback]

If you listen to some here, Darius set up an elaborate Rube Goldberg contraption designed specifically to decapitate Packer WR Ferguson. It came complete with painted signs on the turf that said "End Zone This Way", ala Wile E. Coyote.

If you listen to some here, Darius set up an elaborate Rube Goldberg contraption designed specifically to decapitate Packer WR Ferguson. It came complete with painted signs on the turf that said "End Zone This Way", ala Wile E. Coyote.

169938[/snapback]

Where was that in the ACME catalog? I missed it.

It's right after the Nate Clements Knee Ligament Slicer 2000... and right before the

Guilt Free "Just Give It To Them" Flag Launcher. You sure you got the new catalogue?

169945[/snapback]

I guess I didnt get the Holiday catalog.......... :unsure:

What happened?

169746[/snapback]

In case you missed it, a Packer receiver caught the ball, and Darius clotheslined him. His arm went across the guy's head and literally ripped the helmet right off. The receiver was on the ground twitching and was out cold.

Afterwards, I saw a Jag player yelling at him for the cheapshot. While that was happening, Del Rio (the Jags coach) was laughing with some of his players. Del Rio is an ass.

Here's a picture of it that was posted earlier:

http://images2.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/...20_1024x768.jpg

CW

What do the infractions rules say about someone who gets tossed from a game? It would be one thing for a particularly egregious (sic?) personal foul and he stays in the game, which would probably warrent a fine. But he got tossed from the game. Should that mean a monetary fine AND a suspension?