Gailey expects to win and expects to make the playoffs

TheBlackMamba

Yes, who can forget "if you dog one of us (Trent), you dog all of us". Of course, Chan dogged Trent himself after week 2.

How?

He verbally attacked him with insults?

I don't know why this is so difficult to comprehend. The statement that he expects to go undefeated is the problem. Saying you expect to win every game is one thing but saying you expect to go undefeated is entirely different. That's a HUGE difference. I can't think of one NFL coach who would say such a thing. Expecting to go undefeated is lunacy.

No, it's the exact same thing. Right now, he expects to win all 16 games. He expects to go undefeated. After week one, if they win, he expects to be undefeated. If they lose, he expects to go 15-0 the rest of the way. He expects to win every game in front of him. It's the same exact thing.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect to sleep with Super Models. Unfortunatley neither of us the correct "atributes" to make our expectations become realities.

Your comparison is flawed - the Bills actually take the field 16 times during the regular season; to sleep with a supermodel, you'd have to be in the same room with one...

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

I cant understand all the negative comments on Gailey's quote. Id rather have a coach that believes in his team and their ability than a coach who makes excuses. This reminds me of the question asked to Eli Manning about his opinion on where he sits among the elite qbs such as Brady. Of course he will say he is because you cant give the image that you doubt your abilities. I think Gaileys answer was spot on, and I believe he meant it. He has a winning mentality. If you remember he has always been successful as a coach or coordinator until last year. Get off the wagon if you like to clown the guys trying to make this a competitve team. Sick of it...........

I don't have a problem with Gailey's remarks at all. A head coach should expect to win every game. To say otherwise show's a total lack of confidence in your own coaching ability, and also a complete lack of faith in your team. I stopped listening to WGR years ago, and I'm not surprised to hear the idiots are bashing Gailey. Schopp and Bulldog must have been expecting Chan to step up to the podium and say, "were forfeiting all 16 games this year", so that they, along with all the other @ssclowns who want to lose this year could hold hands and rejoice at being 0-16 and draft Luck. Under that scenario they would probably thank Chan for his hard work and dedication and move on to important things like favorite actor/movie/soap-opera/appliances drafts!

19-0 go bills!!!

bills 24 kc 10 :)

I think he confuses the word "expect" with "hope".

I hope to coach the Bills to the playoffs.

The players hope to make the playoffs.

Gotta love Southern fried football coaches daggummit!

Exactly. It bothers me a bit when homer fans slobber all over statements like Chan's ("See? He's a great coach!") but then don't hold anyone accountable when the team continues to stink. Remember "Show me the baby?" He hasn't shown us the baby. He hasn't even shown us a pregnant woman. There's no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt until he can produce a baby of some sort.

Having said that, I would always prefer the standard coach's irrational boasting/confidence over Dick Jauron's occasional bleak defeatism. (Although Jauron certainly did make his share of irrationally confident statements from time to time.)