Small stakes survivor pool

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still alive. I had the Texans. The more and earlier in the season you help the more your share of the $$$$$$$$$$$. Start scouring the schedule for good week 2 matchups. Thanks all.

P.S. The pool is now closed but there were a few more entries before the season started. The final prize is $6,890,000, so right around what I thought.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

I'm still alive. I had the Texans. The more and earlier in the season you help the more your share of the $$$$$$$$$$$. Start scouring the schedule for good week 2 matchups. Thanks all.

P.S. The pool is now closed but there were a few more entries before the season started. The final prize is $6,890,000, so right around what I thought.

Since I was the 1st one to mention picking Houston, can I have an advance on the winnings? :lol:

I've already put week 2 in: After watching KC get killed at home, how bad will they be on the road in a loud dome against an up & coming team? They could get their coach fired by midseason.

The obvious choice is Detroit.

Since I was the 1st one to mention picking Houston, can I have an advance on the winnings? :lol:

I've already put week 2 in: After watching KC get killed at home, how bad will they be on the road in a loud dome against an up & coming team? They could get their coach fired by midseason.

The obvious choice is Detroit.

I will examine the slate soon. There are no advances but you are in as one of the initial "investors". Keep in mind your % will be increased if you help me win AND help Beerboy get bounced out quick. Don't be too obvious by giving him the Chiefs next week or Bengals or something. Be sneaky.

Week 3-Leaning towards San Diego over KC in SD where the Chargers won 31-0 last year & 43-14 in 2009.

SDS talked me out of taking NE over the Bills.

That looks pretty easy. I will look at all the games but that seems hard to pass up. I had the Steelers yesterday so I can't use them or the Texans. You have been helping the most.

I see Beerboy made a thread so get him bounced. I can't believe he picked the Jags and Titans. Those aren't exactly easy picks. If he is into picking crappy teams maybe you can get him to take the Chiefs. Tell him they will rally around their injured brethren or some other lame crap like that. Thanks.

That looks pretty easy. I will look at all the games but that seems hard to pass up. I had the Steelers yesterday so I can't use them or the Texans. You have been helping the most.

I see Beerboy made a thread so get him bounced. I can't believe he picked the Jags and Titans. Those aren't exactly easy picks. If he is into picking crappy teams maybe you can get him to take the Chiefs. Tell him they will rally around their injured brethren or some other lame crap like that. Thanks.

YOUR A LIAR! YOU TOOK THE RAIDERS, I HAVE THAT ON GOOD AUTHORITY!

Me...I picked the Titans just to rub your nose in 'it' a little bit more. Victory is sweet, enjoy the rest of the season from the sidelines loser.

YOUR A LIAR! YOU TOOK THE RAIDERS, I HAVE THAT ON GOOD AUTHORITY!

Me...I picked the Titans just to rub your nose in 'it' a little bit more. Victory is sweet, enjoy the rest of the season from the sidelines loser.

I picked the Raiders? Why would I do that?

Cracking up under pressure after two weeks? That's some of the fun I was hoping for.

Making up lies about me? That's a good way to earn some extra time with code name Ganeane Jarofalo.

The safest picks seem to be the Bays. I'm taking Green Bay over Denver, but one could easily survive using Tampa Bay over Indianapolis. At this point of the season and only 3 teams used, there is no reason to take a road team. If the game was at the Ralph, I'd be all over the Bills, but with many teams available, I'll stick with home teams for now. However, this is the last week before byes start and reduce the games and teams available. Sooner or later I'm going to have to pick a road team.

By the way, to me, week 10 looks like the toughest one this year, but key injuries could change that and that week has no byes.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

The safest picks seem to be the Bays. I'm taking Green Bay over Denver, but one could easily survive using Tampa Bay over Indianapolis. At this point of the season and only 3 teams used, there is no reason to take a road team. If the game was at the Ralph, I'd be all over the Bills, but with many teams available, I'll stick with home teams for now. However, this is the last week before byes start and reduce the games and teams available. Sooner or later I'm going to have to pick a road team.

By the way, to me, week 10 looks like the toughest one this year, but key injuries could change that and that week has no byes.

I was thinking about the same two teams and also leaning Green Bay. Eagles? Was also thinking about getting sneaky and going with the Chiefs over Minny so I didn't burn anyone, but I doubt I will do that.

Can you get Beerboy to pick a team that he has already used so he gets disqualified? Make up some crap explaining how it is legal to do that if the team has a Thursday game later in the season or some other junk might work. He is not what I'd call bright. It will be a funny way for him to go out.

I already have next week's pick down to only 1 game -The NY Giants at home vs Seattle. West to East coast road team, Seattle is only competitive at home. Here's the knock on the other games:

Eagles @ Bills-After Bills loss at Cincy & Eagles shaky play, how can anyone have confidence in picking a winner in this game to survive to week 6-too tough to call

New Orleans @ Carolina-The road team is the favorite, but it's a division game & sooner or later Newton is going to win one by himself. But if I had to pick a game other than the NYG game, this would be up there among my choices & I'd go with NO.

Oakland @ Houston-Houston's top WR may be injured, plus I can't use Houston because I did in week 1.

KC @ Indianapolis-Rule #1, never pick a bad team to beat another bad team in suicide, especially on the road.

Cincinnati @ Jacksonville-see KC @ Indy.

Arizona @ Minnesota-Arizona isn't good enough to trust, especially on the road & Minnesota is winless. Never pick an 0-4 team to get its 1st win in suicide.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh-Tennessee has looked good but is on the road, Roethlisberger left the game this week and was last seen in a boot. If Ben is completely healthy & ready, this could be Pittsburgh as a contender for this week's choice, but who wants to gamble on Ben being ready, especially since I have to get my picks in days before the game.

TB @ SF-The 49ers are overachieving, but I prefer TB. Too dangerous for me.

SD @ Denver-I lost last year on opening week playing SD on the road in a divisional game-I won't be fooled again. Plus-I've already used SD.

NYJ @ NE-Way too tough to call -unless the Jets lose a lot of players at Baltimore tonight.

GB @ Atlanta-No team goes undefeated. Plus, I just used GB (Which for the record was my 3rd blowout win this year in suicide out of 4 games)

Chicago @ Detroit-See GB @ Atl Plus I've already used Detroit.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

I already have next week's pick down to only 1 game -The NY Giants at home vs Seattle. West to East coast road team, Seattle is only competitive at home. Here's the knock on the other games:

Eagles @ Bills-After Bills loss at Cincy & Eagles shaky play, how can anyone have confidence in picking a winner in this game to survive to week 6-too tough to call

New Orleans @ Carolina-The road team is the favorite, but it's a division game & sooner or later Newton is going to win one by himself. But if I had to pick a game other than the NYG game, this would be up there among my choices & I'd go with NO.

Oakland @ Houston-Houston's top WR may be injured, plus I can't use Houston because I did in week 1.

KC @ Indianapolis-Rule #1, never pick a bad team to beat another bad team in suicide, especially on the road.

Cincinnati @ Jacksonville-see KC @ Indy.

Arizona @ Minnesota-Arizona isn't good enough to trust, especially on the road & Minnesota is winless. Never pick an 0-4 team to get its 1st win in suicide.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh-Tennessee has looked good but is on the road, Roethlisberger left the game this week and was last seen in a boot. If Ben is completely healthy & ready, this could be Pittsburgh as a contender for this week's choice, but who wants to gamble on Ben being ready, especially since I have to get my picks in days before the game.

TB @ SF-The 49ers are overachieving, but I prefer TB. Too dangerous for me.

SD @ Denver-I lost last year on opening week playing SD on the road in a divisional game-I won't be fooled again.

NYJ @ NE-Way too tough to call -unless the Jets lose a lot of players at Baltimore tonight.

GB @ Atlanta-No team goes undefeated. Plus, I just used GB (Which for the record was my 3rd blowout win this year in suicide out of 4 games)

Chicago @ Detroit-See GB @ Atl Plus I've already used Detroit.

Thanks. I will look. I actually went ahead and rolled the dice with the Chiefs this week in an effort to save the Pack.