Small stakes survivor pool

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have next week's pick down to only 1 game -The NY Giants at home vs Seattle. West to East coast road team, Seattle is only competitive at home. Here's the knock on the other games:

In general, the larger the pool the more creative you want to get. But yah there is really no reason to get fancy this week. Take the Giants and move on.

In general, the larger the pool the more creative you want to get. But yah there is really no reason to get fancy this week. Take the Giants and move on.

We've already lost almost half the entrants in our pool because people have tried to get creative & failed. In prior years I have plotted out the whole season & saved teams and got eliminated because I tried to get creative and ended up kicking myself for my creativity. So now I just try to take the best matchup each week and not worry about future weeks because if I do, I won't make it to the future. I've been eliminated twice on opening day by getting too cute with early season selections.

I do look at the whole season, but I don't save a team for the future if it's the surest thing this week. My though now is to look for key injuries as the season progresses & a game that I didn't even consider 3 weeks ago may fall into my lap due to 1 team's injuries. Right now, if I make it that far, I consider week 10 to be very tough and I'm hoping that I have a game fall to me. Otherwise I won't make it past week 10. In the past I've never been able to get by a week that I saw as a landmine, as I do with week 10.

Right now my rules are 1)Try to avoid road games 2)Never pick a bad team to win 3)Make sure my QB isn't injured or banged up before the selection. 4)Try not to beat a really good team

We lost some people who picked the Eagles this week in spite of Vick being all banged up. Sure it looked good on paper, but playing a banged up QB is never a good idea.

We've already lost almost half the entrants in our pool because people have tried to get creative & failed. In prior years I have plotted out the whole season & saved teams and got eliminated because I tried to get creative and ended up kicking myself for my creativity. So now I just try to take the best matchup each week and not worry about future weeks because if I do, I won't make it to the future. I've been eliminated twice on opening day by getting too cute with early season selections.

I do look at the whole season, but I don't save a team for the future if it's the surest thing this week. My though now is to look for key injuries as the season progresses & a game that I didn't even consider 3 weeks ago may fall into my lap due to 1 team's injuries. Right now, if I make it that far, I consider week 10 to be very tough and I'm hoping that I have a game fall to me. Otherwise I won't make it past week 10. In the past I've never been able to get by a week that I saw as a landmine, as I do with week 10.

Right now my rules are 1)Try to avoid road games 2)Never pick a bad team to win 3)Make sure my QB isn't injured or banged up before the selection. 4)Try not to beat a really good team

We lost some people who picked the Eagles this week in spite of Vick being all banged up. Sure it looked good on paper, but playing a banged up QB is never a good idea.

I'm just saying if you're in a large pool, it's worth taking risks because who cares whether you're eliminated in week 1 or week 9 - you need to last the whole season.

By creative I don't mean picking road teams or 3pt favorites. That's stupid. I mean when Pittsburgh was the easiest pick in week 2, I think it was reasonable to notice that their schedule is a complete joke and pick a less popular team like the Jets (who don't have many easy games) vs. Jacksonville.

Of course some weeks such as this one you don't have that luxury so the Giants are the only choice.

Lets not kid ourselves there's luck involved too. I dunno if my Tampa pick was any necessarily any smarter than someone's Philly pick last week. Maybe Ronnie Brown & Jeremy Maclin wanted to get rid of some people in their pool - a little ridiculous that they lost that game.

Buh Bye to me.

I should never counted on Tarvaris Jackson staying healthy enough to get me through the week with his lousy play. Whitehurst comes in & I'm gone.

Not only did I luckily survive but A LOT of people are out because of the Giants. i went against a team traveling from coast to coast like Seattle, but this team --Tampa -- had played an emotional game on Monday night. I went with San Fran. Beerboy has been quiet. I think he might be out.

Anyway you can still help me if you'd like despite your Giants pick.

I am rooting for the Bears a little tonight because a few people have the Lions.