Assorted Thoughts

1.) If I'm the Bills coaches, I'm rethinking the decision to switch Jason Peters to guard. With that combination of speed, size and strenth I think that I would wait out his learning curve at Tight End. I know the guy only scored an 8 on the Wonderlik, but if he can learn the playbook he'll be a demon in the passing game.

2.) Lee Evans is already a far superior reciever than Peerless ever was or will be. I know many here poo-poo'd my comparision to Frank Lewis but he still reminds me of that great 80s receiver. I'm not talking about height or physical attributes, it's more his smooth gait in route-running and the way that he catches even the hardest balls with his hands and not his body. Sure doesn't resemble a rookie in any fashion. Give TD an A+++ on this selection.

3.) If Brian Moorman dosen't go to Hawaii they should cancel the game. He may not have the best net yardqage stats in the league, but he's the best clutch punter since Ray Guy.

4.) Speaking of special teams, give Bobby April his Christmas bonus right now. To take what has been a woeful unit for years and turn them into the cream of the NFL is nothing short of miraculous. If they gave out an "Assistant Coach Of The Year" award he would win hand's down.

5.) I think that AVP is a little overboard on the radio telecasts. Maybe Van Miller just spoiled us for so many years, but there is a way to root for the home team without sounding like a memeber of the pep squad.

6.) Will Bills fans ever enjoy a victory? The postgame calls to WGR sounded like they came from Cleveland. This team just put together the best 5 game stretch in franchise history. Give yourself a break and allow yourself to enjoy it fer crying out loud.

1.) If I'm the Bills coaches, I'm rethinking the decision to switch Jason Peters to guard. With that combination of speed, size and strenth I think that I would wait out his learning curve at Tight End. I know the guy only scored an 8 on the Wonderlik, but if he can learn the playbook he'll be a demon in the passing game.

2.) Lee Evans is already a far superior reciever than Peerless ever was or will be. I know many here poo-poo'd my comparision to Frank Lewis but he still reminds me of that great 80s receiver. I'm not talking about height or physical attributes, it's more his smooth gait in route-running and the way that he catches even the hardest balls with his hands and not his body. Sure doesn't resemble a rookie in any fashion. Give TD an A+++ on this selection.

3.) If Brian Moorman dosen't go to Hawaii they should cancel the game. He may not have the best net yardqage stats in the league, but he's the best clutch punter since Ray Guy.

4.) Speaking of special teams, give Bobby April his Christmas bonus right now. To take what has been a woeful unit for years and turn them into the cream of the NFL is nothing short of miraculous. If they gave out an "Assistant Coach Of The Year" award he would win hand's down.

5.) I think that AVP is a little overboard on the radio telecasts. Maybe Van Miller just spoiled us for so many years, but there is a way to root for the home team without sounding like a memeber of the pep squad.

6.) Will Bills fans ever enjoy a victory? The postgame calls to WGR sounded like they came from Cleveland. This team just put together the best 5 game stretch in franchise history. Give yourself a break and allow yourself to enjoy it fer crying out loud.

169453[/snapback]

re: #5 that is Bills radio you're listening to, not some unbiased national syndicate. I find that AVP adds a whole lot in terms of inside info, x and o's description and personality to the broadcast.

169453[/snapback]

I wouldn't look for that to change regardless of how the season plays out. There is simply some small percentage of fans who jumped aboard deeply entrenched positions in the first half (or before) that are proving out false, and instead of gleaning a better understanding of the big picture they're trying to find any frayed thread to hold onto that might justify not admitting their flawed logic. The reason they're the loudmouths making the calls to radio shows is because the best of our fan base is too busy celebrating these recent Sundays to waste time on hold.

re: #5 that is Bills radio you're listening to, not some unbiased national syndicate.  I find that AVP adds a whole lot in terms of inside info, x and o's description and personality to the broadcast.

169470[/snapback]

unbiased national syndicate......they are anything but......National syndicates

are so biased towards certain teams like Miami, Dallas, Giants, Green Bay

even if they suck.

I wouldn't look for that to change regardless of how the season plays out. There is simply some small percentage of fans who jumped aboard deeply entrenched positions in the first half (or before) that are proving out false, and instead of gleaning a better understanding of the big picture they're trying to find any frayed thread to hold onto that might justify not admitting their flawed logic. The reason they're the loudmouths making the calls to radio shows is because the best of our fan base is too busy celebrating these recent Sundays to waste time on hold.

169537[/snapback]

Yep.