Playstation offering NFL Sunday Ticket now (or later today)

Peace

Here is the description for how to do it.

This Sunday, PS3 owners without access to DIRECTV will be able to live stream every out-of-market Sunday NFL game on their PS3 with a subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET. You’ll be able to enhance your NFL experience with live multi-game scoreboards and field position trackers, which also allow you to access highlights, stats, standings and schedules, as well as the Red Zone Channel, which gives you live coverage of Sunday’s most exciting moments. The subscription for the 2011 season can be purchased directly through the app for $339.95. Existing subscribers can use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home, as part of their NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go package, which is purchased through DIRECTV.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not entirely correct. you may only get it through your PS3 IF you cannot get the DTV signal. if in fact you can get the DTV signal then you MUST subscribe to one of the DTV packages that offer the NFL ST - that's the fact jack!

No such requirement on the PS3 version. That's the fact jack!

Awesome! I can't wait to give this a try!

Any inclination on whether you would be able to DVR games, off of the Ticket through PS3?

Edited by Buftex

not entirely correct. you may only get it through your PS3 IF you cannot get the DTV signal. if in fact you can get the DTV signal then you MUST subscribe to one of the DTV packages that offer the NFL ST - that's the fact jack!

It is the wording of the release.

They're not actually checking.

Obviously Directv isn't going to say, go ahead any use your awesome FIOS to get Sunday Ticket.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Can PS3 users pause and play like it was on a DVR?

No. Just real live viewing.

Obviously Directv isn't going to say, go ahead any use your awesome FIOS to get Sunday Ticket.

FIOS doesn't offer all the games. Wish they did.

No. Just real live viewing.

FIOS doesn't offer all the games. Wish they did.

Yeah but you're using your FIOS internet connection through your PS3. That's why Directv doesn't just say directly in the release, "Screw Directv service, we just flung the door on Sunday ticket for everyone with a PS3." They worded in a way that made people believe they would do some check to see if you could get Directv or not, which what the post above is referring to.

Actually I think you can pause and rewind.

youtube.com/watch?v=XYzZ-wdcJrg

I didn't catch that on the first watch. Awesome.

Yeah but you're using your FIOS internet connection through your PS3. That's why Directv doesn't just say directly in the release, "Screw Directv service, we just flung the door on Sunday ticket for everyone with a PS3." They worded in a way that made people believe they would do some check to see if you could get Directv or not, which what the post above is referring to.

According to the video, they ask. I can't get DirecTV so I don't need to worry. I'll download it tonight and report back next week on quality. I'm guessing it will suck.

Edited by Peace

So I am on a conference call and couldn't hear the video. My question is can I download this app and watch it on my PS3 with out incurring furter charges if I already have NFLST through DirecTV? Or am I going to have to pay the price for ST and then another $339 to watch it on the PS3?

Thanks,

Dave

You are not correct. The NFL Sunday Ticket is the SOLE property of DTV. I called to get it and that is what they told me - to get the NFL ST on your PS3 you cannot be in an area that gets the DTV signal - otherwise you must subscribe to a DTV package to get the NFL ST according to DTV.

You are not correct. The NFL Sunday Ticket is the SOLE property of DTV. I called to get it and that is what they told me - to get the NFL ST on your PS3 you cannot be in an area that gets the DTV signal - otherwise you must subscribe to a DTV package to get the NFL ST according to DTV.

There must be some confusion internally in DTV then, cause I was told by a DTV rep that the PS3 version did not have the same restrictions as the rest of the Sunday Ticket To Go packages.

Edited by BlueFire

You're getting sold, and listening to sales BS.

They have no way, no ability, or no desire to turn down your $350.

Just go to your PS3 and buy it. There is a question that says, "are you able to get DTV?" just answer No and move on.

There must be some confusion internally in DTV then, cause I was told by a DTV rep that the PS3 version did not have the same restrictions as the rest of the Sunday Ticket To Go packages.

I think your right as well as "Why So Serious" (You're getting sold, and listening to sales BS.

They have no way, no ability, or no desire to turn down your $350.

Just go to your PS3 and buy it. There is a question that says, "are you able to get DTV?" just answer No and move on.)

It almost seems like they are putting forth the company line but are willing to look the other way to get your money. I'll

give it a try and let you know how it comes out.

So I am on a conference call and couldn't hear the video. My question is can I download this app and watch it on my PS3 with out incurring furter charges if I already have NFLST through DirecTV? Or am I going to have to pay the price for ST and then another $339 to watch it on the PS3?

Thanks,

Dave

There is some cheaper way to do this if you have the ticket. Not sure why you'd want to pay to watch a streaming video if you already have it coming to the Dish.

Just go to your PS3 and buy it. There is a question that says, "are you able to get DTV?" just answer No and move on.

Right. At 34 seconds of that video, there's the question. The choices are (paraphrasing) No I can't get DirecTV where I live...download NFL Sunday Ticket now or Yes, I can get DirecTV and will go get Sunday Ticket through DirecTV.

Last year when I got the computer-only login, I had to answer a similar question but it was easy because I've had installers out multiple times and each time, they say they can't install it at my house due to a treeline issue, which is OK by me since I have no interest in losing signal in rainstorms.

Edited by Peace

There is some cheaper way to do this if you have the ticket. Not sure why you'd want to pay to watch a streaming video if you already have it coming to the Dish.

I am on the road a lot so I would take my PS3 with me. If I am reading things correctly I don't think there is a charge for downloading and streaming if you have a subscription already. I know the iphone ipad app was like $10/month. Who knows i'll mess with it when i get home

Right. At 34 seconds of that video, there's the question. The choices are (paraphrasing) No I can't get DirecTV where I live...download NFL Sunday Ticket now or Yes, I can get DirecTV and will go get Sunday Ticket through DirecTV.

Last year when I got the computer-only login, I had to answer a similar question but it was easy because I've had installers out multiple times and each time, they say they can't install it at my house due to a treeline issue, which is OK by me since I have no interest in losing signal in rainstorms.

Wait wait, wait! Hold up!

You're saying you can get the computer only log-in if you're not able to get DTV?????!!!

That's actually what I want, I don't care about the PS3.

I can't get it because my HOA has banned dishes.

You're saying you can get the computer only log-in if you're not able to get DTV?????!!!

That was possible last year if you were in a no DirecTV signal place, but is not this year except through PS3.

If you have DirecTV, they are having a free view day of watching Sunday Ticket this first week. If you then decide to sign up that day (the 11th) There's a discounted price of $300 for the season.

As for the PS3 setup - I can confirm what others have said - tried it at lunch today - all it does is ask you if you can get DirecTV, if you say "no" they sign you up right there from the PS3.

Looks pretty clean and straightforward - I'll see how the dish re-install I had scheduled for tomorrow works out and go from there. I had an HD-ready dish installed a couple of weeks ago and it worked great until it stopped working during Irene.

So, there's no way to get To-Go without DirecTV like you could last year?

I'm thinking of cancelling my DirecTV, but I don't have a PS3 and was hoping to use a different address to get to-go.

Anyone have Sunday Ticket + the "to go" who won't be using the to go package...? :blush:

Set it up tonight. Vid quality is similar to regular def TV, which is better than to go on computer last year. Will report game experience(lag, buffering) on Sunday but the PS3 Internet infrastructure has to be better than DirectTVs was.

Edited by Peace

You may have the legal right to tell your HOA what they can do with their attempted ban. I'm not kidding. Read this:

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

There's more at the link, but here's an excerpt:

Q: What types of restrictions are prohibited?

A: The rule prohibits restrictions that impair a person's ability to install, maintain, or use an antenna covered by the rule. The rule applies to state or local laws or regulations, including zoning, land-use or building regulations, private covenants, homeowners' association rules, condominium or cooperative association restrictions, lease restrictions, or similar restrictions on property within the exclusive use or control of the antenna user where the user has an ownership or leasehold interest in the property. A restriction impairs if it: (1) unreasonably delays or prevents use of; (2) unreasonably increases the cost of; or (3) precludes a person from receiving or transmitting an acceptable quality signal from an antenna covered under the rule. The rule does not prohibit legitimate safety restrictions or restrictions designed to preserve designated or eligible historic or prehistoric properties, provided the restriction is no more burdensome than necessary to accomplish the safety or preservation purpose.

Now whether it's in your best interests to be a jerk about it with your HOA is a different question, but you might be able to show them the FCC regulation and persuade them to repeal the ban, or not enforce it.

You may have the legal right to tell your HOA what they can do with their attempted ban. I'm not kidding. Read this:

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

There's more at the link, but here's an excerpt:

Now whether it's in your best interests to be a jerk about it with your HOA is a different question, but you might be able to show them the FCC regulation and persuade them to repeal the ban, or not enforce it.

I dont really hate my HOA because they knew it was a Richard-head move to block dishes, they went and talked to Verizon and we were one of the first neighborhoods to get FIOS 3 years ago.

I've had sick speeds and Verizon used to kiss FIOS customer's behinds when it was new.

So I'm fine with the ban.

The Sunday ticket was all I was missing.

I just ordered it last night, so I'm good.

I just was willing to pull the HOA bylaws if DTv was going to be a stickler. It doesn't appear they are so life is good.

Thanks though I'll keep that in my back pocket If I ever need it.

anyone know what this quality is or is going to be like with the PS3? is it in HD

I switched to FIOS last year and wondering if i should go the PS3 route or get my Dtv turned back on for football

I had the to go app on my phone and that worked pretty well last year but watching online did not, very choppy

Love the fact Directv charges $0.00 for new customers only - this is a joke. Why not remove the monopoly and allow Dish, Comcast, and Time Warner to join the fray? Reason would be money, with more competition cost goes down. If 4 or more carriers offered the Sunday Ticket the costs would drop. DTV is so hard up for new customers they are giving it away for free to new customers.

anyone know what this quality is or is going to be like with the PS3? is it in HD

I switched to FIOS last year and wondering if i should go the PS3 route or get my Dtv turned back on for football

I had the to go app on my phone and that worked pretty well last year but watching online did not, very choppy

I ordered it and once you do, you watch the preview Red Zone channel until the games are on. It is not HD (pretty hard to stream HD unless you have some off-the-hook data connection). It's akin to standard def, maybe a touch better. On my 47" TV, it looked pretty good.

I have said in this thread that I will report back after game day on choppiness and cutouts.

Is the total due at purchase time through the PS3 or do they let you make payments like they do with DirecTv?

I changed to Fios after last season bc I was having problems with my signal on certain channels but not the Sunday ticket channels. I connected my DirecTv again tonight and get the searching for signal message on the channels for Sunday ticket so looks like PS3 is my only option but don't feel like putting out 250 for PS3 plus 340 for Sunday ticket all at once

Is the total due at purchase time through the PS3 or do they let you make payments like they do with DirecTv?

I changed to Fios after last season bc I was having problems with my signal on certain channels but not the Sunday ticket channels. I connected my DirecTv again tonight and get the searching for signal message on the channels for Sunday ticket so looks like PS3 is my only option but don't feel like putting out 250 for PS3 plus 340 for Sunday ticket all at once

There was no option to pay at once. Four $89 payments.

There was no option to pay at once. Four $89 payments.

Actually 4 payments of $84.99

Left my DirecTv receiver connected all night and couldn't get any type of signal so went out and bought a PS3 this morning and ordered the Sunday Ticket

The quality of the redzone commercial wasn't bad but I'm hoping the games are a little better then that. Better then nothing but be sweet if the quality was just a little better

Edited by Max997

Can I get this if I live in NYC? Technically Directv is available even though my building won't let me put up a satellite.

Yes you can. They ask you a question during the purchase if u can get it or not just say no and you can complete the purchase

. . . my building won't let me put up a satellite.

See post #24 above. The FCC rule specifically applies to "building regulations" - - you may have the right to ignore the building rule and get a satellite dish anyway (depending on the reason why the building bans dishes and where you would need to locate it to get a signal). Whoever runs your building won't like it, and it might not be worth the trouble to make a stink about it.

The quality of the redzone commercial wasn't bad but I'm hoping the games are a little better then that. Better then nothing but be sweet if the quality was just a little better

No chance it will be any better. That quality is WAY better than it was last year. Once the network starts bogging down, quality will go down.

Mine keeps jumping around between commercials and reporters from around the league

The shots from the studio don't look bad but tgAt annoying commercial with Deion looks horrible

So does mine. Its pretty annoying. Everyone is light years behind MLB.tv, but I will chalk this up to this being the first week.

Dave