Marcus Easley KR

The Big Cat

With the log jam we have at kick and punt returner, having Easley return kicks seemed like a very very curious move.

Sort of.

I doubt Easley lines up to return ONCE this season, but being back there during preseason gave him invaluable experience having the ball in his hands during a live game situation.

Consider it part of his injury rehab, even. It was anoppprtunity to get some reps running around against live receivers AND taking a shot or two on his injured leg. That's psychology rehab 101.

The best part? In the closing hour of preseason, us Bills fans got our first glimpse of that sub 40 speed: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d821e53a6/Lions-vs-Bills-highlights (2:06)

If this guy has reliable hands (brace yourselves now, he's gonna drop a couple this year) Easley is going to be a MONSTER.

I cry foul at the salary dump rationale concerning the Evans trade. We've got the horses to produce and scheme just as effectively, if not better, than we did with Evans on the roster.

I feel more confident now than ever before saying that Easley can and will emerge this year.

SIX MORE DAYS GO BILLS!

Yea, Easley's gonna emerge. His bad hands and alligator arms will magically improve, and the cast of nobodies will be entirely unaffected by the loss of their best receiver. The only quality, proven, wideout will experience no difficulty being the focus of the opponent's db's rather than the second concern. Good post.

i am hoping that easley is going to find a comfort level within the offense and be a contributor this year. and i really hope that he, as well as the other wideouts on the roster can take advantage of opportunities and make people pay for stacking the box or giving stevie the extra attention. first thing they need to do is catch all those passes that are hitting them in the hands. but i like the whole big, strong and fast thing we have going on.

Yea, Easley's gonna emerge. His bad hands and alligator arms will magically improve, and the cast of nobodies will be entirely unaffected by the loss of their best receiver. The only quality, proven, wideout will experience no difficulty being the focus of the opponent's db's rather than the second concern. Good post.

can you come kick my dog a few times? maybe school my youngsters in playground ball or call my wife fat? your optimism is truly inspiring...thanks for contributing!

Sorry.

The idea of him lining up at KR just annoys me in a different manner, I guess. I think Easley will be alright at WR but people on this board SEVERELY overvalue him.

I will stick to the main point of this thread now.

A major point was that come regular season he WON'T be lined up as a KR...

Severely over-value him how?

With the log jam we have at kick and punt returner, having Easley return kicks seemed like a very very curious move.

This thread has nothing to do with the KR depth chart.

Gee, sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, I am intrigued by the "sub 40 speed"......

A major point was that come regular season he WON'T be lined up as a KR...

Severely over-value him how?

I know, I just don't know why they kept doing it in pre-season.

And I just don't think there's anything special about the guy. His size is above average, but that doesn't mean too much in the NFL. Fitz is a gunslinger so I'm sure he'll put up decent numbers.

With that being said, I think he should be lined up as the #2 WR. I think he has alot more promise than Jones (I thought Roosevelt was better than Jones as well).

The kid obviously has alot of potential, but he needs to work on some things. I hope your prediction is more accurate than mine.

Edited by miserable_fan

Why the shut down? Considering you came to this board for discussion, what good is it to tell someone to shut up? Board drives me nuts sometimes.

Did anyone consider the possibility that they already know what Spiller, McKelvin, Smith, and Parrish can do returning kicks and wanted to see what other guys could do in the preseason? Isn't that what all these exhibition games are for? Plus, how much will it really matter if every kickoff goes into the 10th row?

Who pissed in your coffee? Lighten up, dude.

Did anyone consider the possibility that they already know what Spiller, McKelvin, Smith, and Parrish can do returning kicks and wanted to see what other guys could do in the preseason? Isn't that what all these exhibition games are for? Plus, how much will it really matter if every kickoff goes into the 10th row?

+1

I think you hit the nail on the head with this post.

If we have 4 guys who can do it, shouldn't the pre-season be an open competition btw them to see who emerges as #1?

5 good KRs is completely unecessary imo

lee evans is over rated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, Easley's gonna emerge. His bad hands and alligator arms will magically improve, and the cast of nobodies will be entirely unaffected by the loss of their best receiver. The only quality, proven, wideout will experience no difficulty being the focus of the opponent's db's rather than the second concern.[/b] Good post.

Last year our only "quality proven wideout" was Lee, and a seventh round nobody emerged for pro bowl type numbers. Evans was my favorite Bill, but if you think we don't have solid depth at WR you're not paying attention.

Back to the original point of the post, special teams return guys need to be ball protectors FIRST and foremost. I know Easely has the arm strength but man he seems to have trouble protecting the pill. Give me Roscoe on the punts and Leodis on the KR. Keep Freddy and Easley off special teams.

ouch