Which WR's make the roster?

Got_Wood

This is one of the tougher decisions the Bills staff has to make. Unfortunately I don't think that we have loads of talent to pick from as Buddy stated when he cut Evans. And I'm not counting Brad Smith as a WR. But these are the guys that I would pick to make the team:

- Stevie Johnson

- Donald Jones

- Roscoe Parrish

- Marcus Easley

- David Nelson

And one of these 3 guys should make the team:

- Kamar Aiken

- Naaman Roosevelt

- Ruvell Martin

Tough decision there. Aiken and Martin have looked pretty good in the preseason and they've got decent size and speed. Both of which Roosevelt lacks. However Naaman has rapport with Fitz and the other receivers, and supposedly has reliable hands. It is possible that Roscoe Parrish becomes a surprise cut. He's been around for long enough to know what his potential is, he hasn't played a full 16 games since the 2007 season, and he's never had more than 400 reception yards.

Obvious cuts to me:

- Craig Davis

- Felton Huggins

Thoughts?

This is one of the tougher decisions the Bills staff has to make. Unfortunately I don't think that we have loads of talent to pick from as Buddy stated when he cut Evans. And I'm not counting Brad Smith as a WR. But these are the guys that I would pick to make the team:

- Stevie Johnson

- Donald Jones

- Roscoe Parrish

- Marcus Easley

- David Nelson

- Kamar Aiken

- Naaman Roosevelt

- Ruvell Martin

Tough decision there. Aiken and Martin have looked pretty good in the preseason and they've got decent size and speed. Both of which Roosevelt lacks. However Naaman has rapport with Fitz and the other receivers, and supposedly has reliable hands. It is possible that Roscoe Parrish becomes a surprise cut. He's been around for long enough to know what his potential is, he hasn't played a full 16 games since the 2007 season, and he's never had more than 400 reception yards.

Obvious cuts to me:

- Craig Davis

- Felton Huggins

Thoughts?

I don't think Martin has a chance. Aiken is an intreaging player but with a shortened preseason you have to go with guys you know you can rely on. Roosevelt makes it i think

- Stevie Johnson

- Donald Jones

- Roscoe Parrish

- Marcus Easley

- David Nelson

- Kamar Aiken

- Naaman Roosevelt

- Ruvell Martin

Obvious cuts to me:

- Craig Davis

- Felton Huggins

Thoughts?

They are negotiating with Roscoe, so I can't see him getting cut. I said earlier it wouldn't shock me if they cut David Nelson, even though I want him around.

Don't rule out Craig Davis either - he had a solid game yesterday and may have won the "bubble" spot. I think they go with the healthy guys, eliminating Nelson and Roosevelt.

They are negotiating with Roscoe, so I can't see him getting cut. I said earlier it wouldn't shock me if they cut David Nelson, even though I want him around.

Don't rule out Craig Davis either - he had a solid game yesterday and may have won the "bubble" spot. I think they go with the healthy guys, eliminating Nelson and Roosevelt.

If they cut David Nelson, they are sniffing glue. Nelson is a no brainer starting rotation player to me.

Craig Davis?? Is that you Buddy? No way this guy makes the roster. If he does, it's Nix being a homer to a guy he drafted. He's got brick hands.

Here's who I would keep...

- Stevie Johnson

- Donald Jones

- Marcus Easley

- David Nelson

- Kamar Aiken

- Naaman Roosevelt

Youth and size.

It's never going to happen! :angry:

I actually like that lineup too. Young guys trying to prove themselves, and a good mix of size and speed. Nelson and Jones can play in the slot in place of Roscoe also. But like you said, I'm not sure that's going to happen.

Edited by Got_Wood

If they cut David Nelson, they are sniffing glue. Nelson is a no brainer starting rotation player to me.

Craig Davis?? Is that you Buddy? No way this guy makes the roster. If he does, it's Nix being a homer to a guy he drafted. He's got brick hands.

I'm with you 100%. I am going off Chan's comments that they are going with healthy guys and who performed well yesterday.

Aiken is growing on me. Just going over some of the game replay from last night, there was one catch he made where he showed impresive burst after the catch...it was the play where he was down at like the 1 yd line. He looked like a man possessed on that play...we need that on this team!

i hope aiken makes it. his ceiling is much higher than roosevelt.

If he makes it this is the reason. I was a little underwhelmed by Aiken's performance in the last game. He didn't catch some low throws that I thought he really needed to make. He also didn't generate enough targets (not open?) even though he was in most of the game. It was his time to make a statement and I didn't see it.

I've generally been more impressed with Roosevelt. But he may be at his ceiling in terms of potential... Gailey said that potential was one of the main factors in judging bottom of the roster guys.