Bills' 'Most Upside' Ten Players

Astrobot

NFL Draft Bible has ranked the top 10 players from different teams, under the age of 25 with the most upside. Check back frequently at the NFL Draft Bible as we list the premier prospects for all 32 NFL teams.

1. RB CJ Spiller (Clemson)

2. DT Marcell Dareus* (Alabama)

3. DT Torell Troup (Central Florida)

4. FS Jairus Byrd (Oregon)

5. DE Alex Carrington (Arkansas State)

6. DB Aaron Williams* (Texas)

7. OT Chris Hairston* (Clemson)

8. LB Arthur Moats (James Madison)

9. WR Marcus Easley (Connecticut)

10. CB Justin Rogers* (Richmond)

You have to hope on some (Spiller, Hairston, Easley, Rogers) because there isn't a body of evidence yet. But it's a fun exercise. I'm deleting Rogers/Moats/Easley and adding Nelson/Jones/Batten.

My order is different. My Ten, in order:

DT Marcell Dareus---Kyle resigning only makes this 1-2 punch better

OLB Danny Batten---2 sacks in 2 games

WR David Nelson---still better than Jones in my book

WR Donald Jones---coaches see something in him

RB CJ Spiller---should be higher; isn't

DT Torell Troup

ILB Kelvin Sheppard

FS Jairus Byrd

DE Alex Carrington

CB Aaron Williams

I dont really get all the love for Batten. Sure, he gets coverage sacks against third teamers. But against legit players, I haven't seen him demonstrate anything that would suggest that he has much potential to be an impact player. Just my opinion

I agree 100%. Sure he had 2 sacks vs Chicago 3rd teamers. One was due to carringtons pressure on the other side (batten did a good job bullrushing the 2nd string FB). The other was a coverage sack in which he got lucky the qb ran near him. Pretty lame sack IMO. He looks small out there but he definitely gives it his all. I think he's still a long ways away from any real pt. If Davis and Barnett are gonna be getting the bulk of plays at ILB, I'd rather have Kelsey (yes Kelsey), moats or even morrison out there rushing the passer at OLB instead of batten. jmo

What??? No love for Michael Jasper???? :angry:

Agreed. Any time you have an NT who's 370+ pounds, most or all of which looks to be muscle, the word "upside" almost has to come to mind. I'll grant that Jasper is raw even by the standards of sushi chefs. But clearly he has "upside" written all over him.

Agreed. Any time you have an NT who's 370+ pounds, most or all of which looks to be muscle, the word "upside" almost has to come to mind. I'll grant that Jasper is raw even by the standards of sushi chefs. But clearly he has "upside" written all over him.

You are confusing "upside" with "wing sauce". Not in my ten, sorry.

I dont really get all the love for Batten. Sure, he gets coverage sacks against third teamers. But against legit players, I haven't seen him demonstrate anything that would suggest that he has much potential to be an impact player. Just my opinion

My opinion is that Batten will be a top 10 player on this team. Our DraftTek guy liked his work ethic, versatility, strength ("violent hands") and hustle at the Texas vs. The Nation practices, and while his forte is run stopping (sealing the edge and getting through traffic to the ball carrier), he had 23 career sacks from a strong-side DE spot. Between shifting positions and being injured, you haven't seen Batten play yet.