Merriman's durability

Billsguy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, the Detroit Lions, Washington Redskins & St Louis Rams are 2-0 in preseason! They MUST be good!

All three of those teams are better than the Bills. Detroit will be in the playoff hunt, and will very likely earn a wild card if Stafford can stay healthy.

Edited by Erik Flowers

Time will tell, won't it? Washington is the only one of those three nearly as bad as the Bills.

Time will tell, but the Skins are easily worse than the Bills. So too are the Rams, but since they play in the NFC West, they have a shot at the playoffs, as would the Bills (something Larry Fitzgerald actually said). The Lions, after a decade of being one of, it not, the worst teams, have amassed enough talent to be a good team, pending the health of Stafford, whose durability is even more lacking than Merriman's has been recently. But like the Bills, they play in a division with several good teams.

Time will tell, but the Skins are easily worse than the Bills. So too are the Rams, but since they play in the NFC West, they have a shot at the playoffs, as would the Bills (something Larry Fitzgerald actually said). The Lions, after a decade of being one of, it not, the worst teams, have amassed enough talent to be a good team, pending the health of Stafford, whose durability is even more lacking than Merriman's has been recently. But like the Bills, they play in a division with several good teams.

St. Louis has drafted well in recent years, and Bradford looks like a legit starting QB in this league. They are several steps ahead of the bills. Washington is a closer call, I will grant you that. That's why they play the games. I wold be surprised if any of those three teams picks before us next year.

Based on everything I've seen or read about Merriman over the last three years, I would definitely bet that he will not play 8 full games for the Bills this season.

I'll take the "UNDER" How about you?

Way under. I go about 2-3 games. He is already hurt after one preseason game.

I would say by far, the worst 3 teams in the NFL are Cincy, Buffalo and Washington. Cincy is similar to Buffalo, they are terrible organizational management. Washington has more talent then Buffalo has, by a small margin, but their QB situation may be worse than ours. I think the only other team that might join the Unelite Three is Denver, but they are a small notch above us because of much more talent to go with an owner with a track record for trying to win.

St. Louis has drafted well in recent years, and Bradford looks like a legit starting QB in this league. They are several steps ahead of the bills. Washington is a closer call, I will grant you that. That's why they play the games. I wold be surprised if any of those three teams picks before us next year.

Bradford looks good. Out of the 3, they're the only team I can see picking ahead of the Bills again because of their weak division, and I don't see Stafford staying healthy.

I would say by far, the worst 3 teams in the NFL are Cincy, Buffalo and Washington. Cincy is similar to Buffalo, they are terrible organizational management. Washington has more talent then Buffalo has, by a small margin, but their QB situation may be worse than ours. I think the only other team that might join the Unelite Three is Denver, but they are a small notch above us because of much more talent to go with an owner with a track record for trying to win.

I can name another half-dozen teams worse than the Bills off the top of my head, and the Bills play most of them this year. Then there's Carolina and the NFC West teams.

Edited by Doc

Based on everything I've seen or read about Merriman over the last three years, I would definitely bet that he will not play 8 full games for the Bills this season.

I'll take the "UNDER" How about you?

I don't see him playing any full games. He will be a situational pass rusher in the beginning and as his stamina and health hopefully increases he may be ready for full time duties by mid season. I think he will stay healthy enough to play if they use him wisely. IF he goes full from game one than he will be on the IR by week 4,

I don't see him playing any full games. He will be a situational pass rusher in the beginning and as his stamina and health hopefully increases he may be ready for full time duties by mid season. I think he will stay healthy enough to play if they use him wisely. IF he goes full from game one than he will be on the IR by week 4,

If he plays full from the start of game 1, he will be in hospice care by halftime.

Bradford looks good. Out of the 3, they're the only team I can see picking ahead of the Bills again because of their weak division, and I don't see Stafford staying healthy.

I can name another half-dozen teams worse than the Bills off the top of my head, and the Bills play most of them this year. Then there's Carolina and the NFC West teams.

If you can name 9 teams off the top of your head (my 3 plus your half a dozen), then the top of your head is dreaming if you think there are 9 teams worse than the Bills. The NFC West is bad, but Carolina is the only team that is even in the same team picture for being as bad as the Bills, the other teams all have way more talent and better ownership than we do.

Edited by billsfreak

If you can name 9 teams off the top of your head (my 3 plus your half a dozen), then the top of your head is dreaming if you think there are 9 teams worse than the Bills. The NFC West is bad, but Carolina is the only team that is even in the same team picture for being as bad as the Bills, the other teams all have way more talent and better ownership than we do.

Owners don't win games. And my 9 teams worse than the Bills is a conservative estimate. But as usual, time will tell.