[closed]New kick off rule

lfeolo

I don't know about you, but the revised kick off rules for the NFL are basically taking away one of the most exciting plays in the game. I might be wrong, but the runback on a kick off will only happen once or twice a game if that. I guess they did it for saftey reasons, but taking an exciting play out of most games is sad. How does everyone else feel?

I don't know about you, but the revised kick off rules for the NFL are basically taking away one of the most exciting plays in the game. I might be wrong, but the runback on a kick off will only happen once or twice a game if that. I guess they did it for saftey reasons, but taking an exciting play out of most games is sad. How does everyone else feel?

I agree. Kickoffs have always been exciting. If you're going to end up with mainly touchbacks, why not just give the team the ball at the 20. You may still have antsy (Dumb?) returners, though, who'll bring the ball out of the end zone.

Makes you wonder who pushed for this one ... do the advertisers get another 30 seconds?

The players seem upset by the rule change and so do the coaches. For the fan this has us losing something that is totally exciting ... why not cancel the extra point kick and only line up after a touchdown if you are willing to go for 2?