FItz is going to get traded

Jobu

Alot of if's here, and I am sure the flamers are coming.... I see some interesting things that might just match up.

1. It was obvious Ralph wanted to draft Tebow. As evidenced by his strange outburst after Denver drafted him... "They panicked"

2. Tebow is a Gailey type of QB.

3. Our playbook is limited by Fitzpatrick not being a dual threat. While Fitzy does have some wheels -- he is not a very gifted runner.

4. Three QB's with relatively the same skill set will allow Gailey to develop his offense fully.

5. Tebow is gone in Denver. You don't pay a third string QB 9.5 million.

6. Thigpen is making really good money to be a 2nd string QB. My bet is that he will be the starter this season.

7. Our offense is hamstrung at the moment without a deep threat to open up the intermediate and short passing game. Bring in a QB that can run the ball consistently and the deep ball will open up for our slower receivers.

Call me paranoid... I believe Tebow will be a Bill soon.

I don't know if this would be a good thing or a bad thing. I really like Fitz quite a bit.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting theory. Would the Broncos trade Tebow for Fitz and a draft pick?

How would Gailey and Nix reconcile with the players all the "Fitz is our guy" and "its Fitz's team" rhetoric then trade him?

Personally I think they still believe Fitz is serviceable (rightly or wrongly) and will stick with him. At least until things go south early and they switch to Thigpen like they switched to Fitz last season. :blink:

Alot of if's here, and I am sure the flamers are coming.... I see some interesting things that might just match up.

1. It was obvious Ralph wanted to draft Tebow. As evidenced by his strange outburst after Denver drafted him... "They panicked"

2. Tebow is a Gailey type of QB.

3. Our playbook is limited by Fitzpatrick not being a dual threat. While Fitzy does have some wheels -- he is not a very gifted runner.

4. Three QB's with relatively the same skill set will allow Gailey to develop his offense fully.

5. Tebow is gone in Denver. You don't pay a third string QB 9.5 million.

6. Thigpen is making really good money to be a 2nd string QB. My bet is that he will be the starter this season.

7. Our offense is hamstrung at the moment without a deep threat to open up the intermediate and short passing game. Bring in a QB that can run the ball consistently and the deep ball will open up for our slower receivers.

I don't know if this would be a good thing or a bad thing. I really like Fitz quite a bit.

Really? even if we get Tebow we would keep Fitz or we would have drafted Gabbert.

Really? even if we get Tebow we would keep Fitz or we would have drafted Gabbert.

I think alot of this has materialized after the draft and free agency. Who we drafted is pretty much irrelevant at this point.

ugghh...make it stop....Is it really only the second week of preseason. I feel like it should be about week 12 by now...

Imagine if we had OTAs and had to pretend they really mattered. Bring on Week One...

Great Scott! Are we serious?

Why would the Broncos not trade Orton and then trade for Fitz? They have Tebow, whose potential is greater than Fitz. They have Orton, who is the same age as Fitz, has a very similar contract status AND has had three good years in the league plus a very good one last year. This is all crazy sauce!

Fitz didn't have a chance in the pocket last night. Guys were running free, Bell was a turnstile once again, Pears was terrible and Wood was getting destroyed by a guy who was cut 2 weeks ago. Stop it!

Fitz is a weenie, so Stop it!

I've just got one thing to say to you John, Terrelle Pryor/The Poor mans Cam

I have had the same thoughts, though not about trading for Tebow. I don't think Fitz is the guy for the whole season. I think it will be Thigpen, then eventually Smith being given a chance (if a trade for someone like Dennis Dixon isn't made).

Not too many moves would grind my gears more than the one the OP suspects. Tebow is dropping down the depth chart like a barrel over the Falls. Nobody knows if he survives or if he ends up downstream somewhere. I don't want the Bills to be that somewhere. He is a very good football player, with a lot of heart and the ability to lead. His problem, which is a major one for a QB, is his arm. How many Pro Bowl calibre QB's can you say that about? Do we want to settle for our next QB like we have for our current one (no offense to Fitz, as I like him enough to say he'd be a very good back-up)? Or shouldn't we go ahead and get the real deal in the draft next year?

We need O-line help more than a crap shoot, roll-of-the-dice QB move right now. As I watched the game, I knew it wasn't Fitz, but the complete lack of any standouts on our o-line that created the mess I was witnessing. D'Allesandris better get his head out of the sand and get these guys figured out quick.

I think we should trade Fitz to Philly, then take Kansas City's 3 round draft pick next year and trade it to Denver for Tebow. Then, trade Tebow to Philly for Vince Young!

Problem solved.

Despite his history, I was for signing VY in the first place. He put himself in a superior situation in Philly, but his skillset would have been well suited for our offense and he's bigger, faster and stronger than Fitz. That would help with dealing with the onslaught of defenders that our O-line fell down in front of instead of blocking.

'He is the most popular guy in town, beloved and flawless, a magic pill who could solve everything if only the coach would just come to his senses...'

(Apparently, in Buffalo, it's not just our backup QB that's the most poplar guy in town - it's ANY backup QB :rolleyes: )

'...And then the No. 2 quarterback enters a game and takes a sack or throws a pick or fires a pass over an open receiver's head and he's a bum, just like the guy he replaced in the lineup.'

(Link - The life of a backup quarterback)

Fitz is our guy this season. Fix the o-line - there are still unsigned FA guards out OTs out there.

Tebow is a very gifted athlete, obviously. Because it is not even certain what his best position would be in the NFL, I suspect the Bills would be willing to trade for him...the answer to all the Bills woes, it seems, is to stock-pile great athletes that don't necessarily play a position...just roll the ball out there, see what happens! :lol:

Seriously, I have been saying it from the day they signed Thigpen, unless Fitz is spectacular out of the gate, Thigpen will be our entrenched starter by season's end. Gailey pretty much lays it all out there...when he criticizes a player, he is done with them. He hasn't gotten there with Fitz yet, but he seems to go out of his way to pat Thigpen on the back whenever he can...even after the first pre-season game, when he didn't look so good.

According to ESPN, Colts not happy with their back-ups as replacements for Manning, should he miss some games to start the season...looking for some QB help...might Fitz be their guy?

Don't seriously think we would pursue Tebow, but I won't be shocked if they draft Pryor. Word that he is willing to play something other than QB will, no doubt, make him more attractive to the the Bills.

Our O line was the problem last night, not Fitz

No where in my OP did I state anything remotely similar to that.

I like Fitz, I like this staff--just throwing out some thoughts I have had. Cowtippur is probably more on than my OP

Interesting theory. Would the Broncos trade Tebow for Fitz and a draft pick?

How would Gailey and Nix reconcile with the players all the "Fitz is our guy" and "its Fitz's team" rhetoric then trade him?

Personally I think they still believe Fitz is serviceable (rightly or wrongly) and will stick with him. At least until things go south early and they switch to Thigpen like they switched to Fitz last season. :blink:

I suspect Gailey would reconcile it with the players the same way he did it with the "Trent is our guy" and "it's Trent's team" rhetoric that he spewed last year, before cutting him.

Tebow is a very gifted athlete, obviously. Because it is not even certain what his best position would be in the NFL, I suspect the Bills would be willing to trade for him...the answer to all the Bills woes, it seems, is to stock-pile great athletes that don't necessarily play a position...just roll the ball out there, see what happens! :lol:

Seriously, I have been saying it from the day they signed Thigpen, unless Fitz is spectacular out of the gate, Thigpen will be our entrenched starter by season's end. Gailey pretty much lays it all out there...when he criticizes a player, he is done with them. He hasn't gotten there with Fitz yet, but he seems to go out of his way to pat Thigpen on the back whenever he can...even after the first pre-season game, when he didn't look so good.

According to ESPN, Colts not happy with their back-ups as replacements for Manning, should he miss some games to start the season...looking for some QB help...might Fitz be their guy?

Don't seriously think we would pursue Tebow, but I won't be shocked if they draft Pryor. Word that he is willing to play something other than QB will, no doubt, make him more attractive to the the Bills.

Thats the kind of reply I was looking for. Good points.