Please express how you feel about tonight

Scrappy

lol i really, really, really can't believe people are actually making the excuses that "well, um, we couldn't chip block on the o-line!" and "denver blitzed us!!"

jesus christ - after making 11 years worth of excuses like this you'd think people would learn. at some point, you'd think the light would go on and people would understand that the whole system needs to be blown up.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually....when I wrote this I had you in mind.....who sits there and makes comments about the objective fans that realize there are still things to be worked on but have the smarts to at least recognize the things that ther are looking better....

Are you sure there is not another team that you would rather root for since you hate this one so much? I mean...Evans has moved on why dont you?

I find it interesting that fans who stay loyal to the team and wait for them to turn it around are "thinking with their hearts"

yet the people that come here bitching each and every day about EVERYTHING on this team are thinking with their minds.....

You seem to take great pride in your brain power....dont you think it would be better served rooting for another team?

i'm flattered you have me in mind.

"have the smarts that things are looking better"? umm, things are looking better? this is news to me. every guy we've hyped up has looked like ****. the receivers from the #2 spot on down are garbage. the o-line is worse than some DII programs. spiller is struggling. the pass defense looks awful. sheppard can't get on the field. and we just got rid of ANOTHER 1st round pick. the last 3 (mckelvin, wood, spiller) looked like complete crap against denver.

lol i mean really, go ahead and call me negative, call me pessimistic - i don't give a ****. i don't see how a single thing i said is even debatable.

lastly, why even make the comment that "i should move on from the bills"? do you think my opinion of the team makes me less of a fan than you? cause that's pathetic.

Its not an excuse.....its a fact. it came out of Chan's mouth in the post conference......and having left side help would have changed a lot of what was going on the field.....

but feel free to whine away

you are example A-1 prime that people are willing to believe anything they hear in order to lessen the blow of failure. there's always an excuse, always something to fall back on. what a joke.

Denver didn't have OTA's or pre-pre-season work either - they are light years ahead of us - the Patriots could skip pre-season entirely and still come out more physical/hungry/aggressive than us.

In your code above, I think you meant 30 RUN

Or perhaps you were being optimistic by putting in 30 END? Unfortunately the "END" of bad Bills teams isn't in the near future.

Yeah, I'm not a software engineer--the joke is that you never get to the END. You just loop between PRINT and GOTO infinitely. Kind of how things have felt for the last bunch of years. I don't think that we're anywhere near the Patriots or a lot of other teams. Given the deficiencies that we have, I just want them to have a couple more weeks to get the obvious problems taken care of. This year, I'd be happy with .500--and that is a stretch. Fan since '66. Old habits die hard, you know?

Scrappy

Just so that I understand what you are saying here....you are not buying that we ran straight up vanilla offense and defense while Denver ran offense that you would see in the regular season.

Just so we are on the same page.....can we agree that:

- Had Bell had this kind if difficulty in a real game we would have chipped on that side to help him out

- That Fitz probably would not have been so off with his throws if he wasnt getting hurried so much?

- Pears did in fact do a good job with HIS man on man blocking?

That chip help would have made a big difference in this game

Blown blocking assignments are not acceptable, Vanilla or not. Chan has a way of twisting things that made it look like a plan but, no I'm not buying it. This bill of goods was delivered to a 4-12 last season, possibly the worst team in the league or close. We took a luxury pick flier on Spiller, which at the time looked like BPA but after watching him play last night & thinking it over, he's Mr. Magoo.

Chip blocks would of helped but Fitz would of stepped up into a heavy rush, which was not Denver's speciality last year. All in all, we didn't gameplan well enough & brought a knife to a gun fight.

If Evans was on the team, we would have won this scrimmage...

We treated the game like a scrimmage was the coaches excuse, I wonder how the guy at the hospital felt about that.

"have the smarts that things are looking better"? umm, things are looking better? this is news to me. every guy we've hyped up has looked like ****. the receivers from the #2 spot on down are garbage. the o-line is worse than some DII programs. spiller is struggling. the pass defense looks awful. sheppard can't get on the field. and we just got rid of ANOTHER 1st round pick. the last 3 (mckelvin, wood, spiller) looked like complete crap against denver.

lol i mean really, go ahead and call me negative, call me pessimistic - i don't give a ****. i don't see how a single thing i said is even debatable.

lastly, why even make the comment that "i should move on from the bills"? do you think my opinion of the team makes me less of a fan than you? cause that's pathetic.

you are example A-1 prime that people are willing to believe anything they hear in order to lessen the blow of failure. there's always an excuse, always something to fall back on. what a joke.

Honestly I get where you are coming from. It's easier to be negative and pressimistic because at the end of the day if the season goes bad you can sit there and say see I told you so. And that feels good, being right. But also if the team does well, then you feel good about that as well. It's a win-win situation..

It's funny how some fans talk about changing the losing culture around the team. I think in that same respect this overly negative and pissy attitude from some fans needs to be changed too.

Oh well. Life goes on.

Blown blocking assignments are not acceptable, Vanilla or not. Chan has a way of twisting things that made it look like a plan but, no I'm not buying it. This bill of goods was delivered to a 4-12 last season, possibly the worst team in the league or close. We took a luxury pick flier on Spiller, which at the time looked like BPA but after watching him play last night & thinking it over, he's Mr. Magoo.

Chip blocks would of helped but Fitz would of stepped up into a heavy rush, which was not Denver's speciality last year. All in all, we didn't gameplan well enough & brought a knife to a gun fight.

We treated the game like a scrimmage was the coaches excuse, I wonder how the guy at the hospital felt about that.

Scrappy....first let me say this...unlike a lot of people who are whining about this team i actually like your posts. You present yourself well and present your posts well without sounding ridiculous (at least to me you do)

Now back to rant.....I dont condone missed blocking assignments either....but what you saw from Bell yesterday was not a blown blocking assignment....Bell was flat out getting beat by two very good pass rushers in Von Miller and Dumerville.....Dumerville has been doing this to LT's for years and Von Miller is gonna be a flat out stud (still glad we went with Darius but Von Miller was my guy right up till draft day) the fact is Bell had a bad day.....he did NOT have a bad day against Julius Peppers the week before so it is not like Bell is without talent. If it had been an actually game Gailey would have made an adjustment.....and Fitz knows how to move around in the pocket as long as he isnt getting blindsided. The pressure was not coming from the RT side.

I am not saying Fitz would not have gotten sacked in a real game...I am saying the Bills would have made an adjustment.

Its going to be ok.

It sure was an ugly show,I'll give you that.

The way I look at it is that Chan has 90 players that he has to cut to 53.

There was no game planning for either side of the line.

I know it doesn't mean much but if you check out the box scores you will see that we lead in almost all catagories.

Honestly I get where you are coming from. It's easier to be negative and pressimistic because at the end of the day if the season goes bad you can sit there and say see I told you so. And that feels good, being right. But also if the team does well, then you feel good about that as well. It's a win-win situation..

It's funny how some fans talk about changing the losing culture around the team. I think in that same respect this overly negative and pissy attitude from some fans needs to be changed too.

Oh well. Life goes on.

i have no desire to say "i told you so". that's not my style. i don't want to bills to struggle. but i watch the games, i look at the roster, and i see mediocrity.

the attitude amongst the fans will change once the product on the field changes. you're not going to get one without the other. because that my friend, is just blind, foolish optimism that doesn't do anyone any good.

Its called breaking down the game objectively and looking at what was being done well while what was not.

- Our run stop defense has no doubt improved....I notice in your incoherent "we suck" blather you fail to mention this

- Not everyone on the offensive line sucks.....Pears has been solid. Bell had a horrid game yesterday and was solid the week before......Wood has been solid.....we appear to have created inconsistancy at the LG spot and the RG spot has been bad from week 1 this year.......so what are you going to do? Replace the entire offensive line? Step out of the crying for a minute and realize that we cannot do that? What we should be doing is wanting the bills to work on the weak positions.....and have them ready by week 1. We have backup offensive linemen that might NEVER be good enough so lets look and see what is out there at the guard spots....Brian Waters maybe?

You see...that is the difference between me and you....you like to whine about how bad we are.....I look at what is working and talk about what we can do to be better at the spots we are not.....its the difference between a losers mentality (I am not calling you a loser no matter how you take that) and a winners mentality....winners think of real ways to get better....losers just sit there and complain.

Its called breaking down the game objectively and looking at what was being done well while what was not.

- Our run stop defense has no doubt improved....I notice in your incoherent "we suck" blather you fail to mention this

- Not everyone on the offensive line sucks.....Pears has been solid. Bell had a horrid game yesterday and was solid the week before......Wood has been solid.....we appear to have created inconsistancy at the LG spot and the RG spot has been bad from week 1 this year.......so what are you going to do? Replace the entire offensive line? Step out of the crying for a minute and realize that we cannot do that? What we should be doing is wanting the bills to work on the weak positions.....and have them ready by week 1. We have backup offensive linemen that might NEVER be good enough so lets look and see what is out there at the guard spots....Brian Waters maybe?

You see...that is the difference between me and you....you like to whine about how bad we are.....I look at what is working and talk about what we can do to be better at the spots we are not.....its the difference between a losers mentality (I am not calling you a loser no matter how you take that) and a winners mentality....winners think of real ways to get better....losers just sit there and complain.

whatever. think what you want. you think you're positive, objective, and optimistic. i think you're on valium.

yes John, I actually do think we could have replaced the o-line faster. we spend the #8 pick last year on a mother!@#$ing gimmick running back. we spend the 2nd, 3th, and 4th rounders this year on defenders. levitre isn't good, he doesn't even start anymore. and wood sucked last night. he got rocked by guy who was cut 2 weeks ago.

you can call it a losers mentality all you want, but i think that's an absolute joke. i call it like i see it. saying that the bills are barely an NFL team is one of the most obvious observations I can possibly make. especially when you compare our roster to other teams, it's a horror show.

Edited by deep2evans

We need to get a list of all the OT's / players with Pro Bowl experience to Chan or Nix, that way we can do something instead of sitting around & whining.

We have 0 margin for error on the O-line, any injuries at all will totally screw us beyond where we're at now. I highly suggest that we have tryouts for all the remaining folks including McKinnie, who cares if he's not in perfect shape right now?

whatever. think what you want. you think you're positive, objective, and optimistic. i think you're on valium.

yes John, I actually do think we could have replaced the o-line faster. we spend the #8 pick last year on a mother!@#$ing gimmick running back. we spend the 2nd, 3th, and 4th rounders this year on defenders. levitre isn't good, he doesn't even start anymore. and wood sucked last night. he got rocked by guy who was cut 2 weeks ago.

you can call it a losers mentality all you want, but i think that's an absolute joke. i call it like i see it. saying that the bills are barely an NFL team is one of the most obvious observations I can possibly make. especially when you compare our roster to other teams, it's a horror show.

It's like the tale of 2 teams between the Sabres & Bills. The Sabres have fielded a Patriots type team in the NHL with Miller in net & all kinds of talent onboard. The Bills are literally a joke & have been the brunt of jokes for almost 18 years. At least I don't have to have people laugh at me for the team failing to win it all anymore, they just don't win enough to even matter. I'm sure missing that level of success, the sub .400 record for the decade is getting to me.

I'd rather be laughed at after success, than peed on during the season. At least we have a chance to win it all versus being served this crap sandwich with extra schmegma.

True.

True.

Scrap no its not true......its a couple of comments about the last game for credibility mixed in with ridiculous untruths and blather

If we were even going to base this on pre season (which we should not) the offensive line that deep is talking about held up well minus Urbik against the Bears (which are known for their defense) and then had a sub par game against Denver (which wasnt playing vanilla on defense) All this tells me is that a. Bell will need some help against premier pass rushers from time to time and b. We are not good enough to block a blitzing defense out of a man up pass blocking offense......its ok because you can scheme for that.

I refuse to pass judgement on this team until I see them fire live bullets......

Care to point out the times they actually got to the QB?

2nd play on offense, he and chandler (both share responsibility on this) on the right side to cause a scramble by fitz

2nd qtr, 5:24 left, both Bell and Pears got beat on the edge (this was the play that they called roughing the passer on)

2nd qtr, 6:17 left, Pears got beat around the edge (but Spiller's missed blitz pickup got to the QB first)

He had some decent plays (like a run block on the 5th play of the game), and played better than Bell, but he has some issues with speedy edge guys. He tends to chip them outside, but doesn't keep his body positioning with them, leaving the area behind the QB ripe for the taking. If it weren't for Bell/Spiller's screw ups, they would have gotten to the QB shortly after.

One thing that occurred to me, regarding getting abused by a 4-12 team, is this: Last year Den had a very prolific passing game, they just couldn't punch it in. Enter McGahee & problem solved. On the defense, the two guys coasting to our QB (Dumerville & Miller) didn't play last year. Just sayin.