LT Bell

Bell looks awful and is getting constantly burned tonight... pretty sad we didnt adress the OL this off season

So one preseason game makes him the worst player ever. Did you forget about last season. He did not give up a sack for like the first 8 games.

So one preseason game makes him the worst player ever. Did you forget about last season. He did not give up a sack for like the first 8 games.

Bell was OK in pass protection last season, and useless as a run blocker except on plays where he was leading a screen or pulling (because he is agile and with a head of steam, he can push someone). Not watching tonight as I was out but he has a long way to go from last season. As Bill often points out, the guy is athletic but not strong and cannot bull anyone.

Bell was OK in pass protection last season, and useless as a run blocker except on plays where he was leading a screen or pulling (because he is agile and with a head of steam, he can push someone). Not watching tonight as I was out but he has a long way to go from last season. As Bill often points out, the guy is athletic but not strong and cannot bull anyone.

He looked slow and weak tonight. Real bad.

Tonight was EASILY his worst half as a professional. Von Miller and Elvis Dumerville ran circles around him.

The whole line looks out of sink. There are times when he may be expecting TE help but chandler goes somewhere else.

He is not a terrible LT but needs some TE help. He is not like Peters and can't be trusted on an island.

I wish we had that type of LT but we don't.

I think it was said of Bell last year that he had trouble with power DE's who would bullrush him, but that he handled speed DE's very good. Well, he got bullrushed bad tonight, I saw, and he also has been ran around with ease. There isn't anything good about this line tonight. You always hope the preseason is deceptive, that losses don't amount to much, that there will be different game planning, etc., in the regular season. But, the players themselves, their physical abilities, aren't hidden or misinterpreted just because it is preseason. I mean, last year we knew the Defense couldn't stop anyone in the run game, and that our O-line looked bad. It was the case all year long.

Now, we know that our run D will be better, that we're bigger in the front seven, but it looks like our offensive line might actually be worse - how that can be I just don't know. But, I'm betting Spiller and Jackson would look a lot better behind a good O-line. And, frankly, Gailey is not hiding his absolute frustration with the O-line. I'm betting he wouldn't keep coaching if we didn't fix that next year - I mean, he seems like the kind of coach who wouldn't accept losing year in and out because the management refused to give him the tools to win with. It's just too bad they didn't address it this offseason. Because now, even if we do land a good young QB next year, we're also going to have to land a couple tackles and maybe a guard, too.

Edited by sllib olaffub

Was this worthy of a topic? This is why I left the official Bills Board.

If it wasn't worth it why did you post?

I was listening to the game on 97rock (I live in Oregon), sounds awful. I turned it off. Sort of glad I didn't have to see any of it.

Bell performed at a very subpar level this evening.

The offensive line as a whole played pretty poorly. If I was the bills staff, I would be watching offensive line cuts from other teams from here on out with eagle eyes. Anyone we pick up would have a chance at starting on this line.

OK so we we need a RG, RT, LT, and maybe a LG now that Rinehart keeps swapping plays with levitre.

and that is just for the oline. you can almost guarentee that this next draft, 2 of the first 3 picks are going to be oline. Not even the bills front office can ignore this when even gaily is bitching about it now. Even though he seems more upset about the depth than the starters. But really hard to tell them apart in this game. hopefully they develop something going into the regular season.

Demetrius Bell is a piece of garbage.

He didn't play football in high school. He went to college to play basketball, and only got roped into football there because he was big, starting out at defensive end. When the offensive line was decimated by injuries they decided only then to try him on that side of the ball.

He was a 7th round draft pick. The Bills front office felt like "Hey, we took a project guy in Jason Peters off the trash heap and made a good LT out of him, obviously we can just do the same with Bell!". Well, that's not the case this time, and it's just not going to work out with him.

Also, he is Karl Malone's bastard son and Karl won't acknowledge him or speak to him.

Edited by NaPolian8693

I have had high hopes for Bell, he seemed big and athletic and cut in the same mold as and could be another Jason Peters. I now realize I was wrong. Bell stinks like all our other offensive tackles. This team does not have even one offensive tackle on it's roster. Thanks for gettin' er done Buddy.