OK....here is a negative I have about Spiller and you

You very possibly could be right. But if so, imo this points out the stupidity of this selection both in terms of winning football games, and getting value at #9.

I remember shortly after the Spiller pick, there was an article about how Nix believed a premium running back produced better results than a premium tackle for rushing yards. There was something about data to back that up.

My biggest negative with Spiller is, when is he gonna start finishing runs? Seems like every run ends with him getting knocked backwards. Never falls forward for that extra yard or 2 like an NFL back (see: Freddie).

I remember shortly after the Spiller pick, there was an article about how Nix believed a premium running back produced better results than a premium tackle for rushing yards. There was something about data to back that up.

Oh yeah, Spiller was going to make our OL better. And people actually believed this.

I think Spiller suffered from a bit of "every play has to be a home run". He displayed very little patience last year and that's a huge negative for an RB.

IMO, that was one of Thurman's greatest abilities. His tendency to ride the hip of his blocker until a seam opened was amazing.