Maybe Getting Played

CSBill

The first thought that comes to mind when hearing he signed with the Jets is that Rex just wants inside info. But when you really sit there and think about it, Do you really think that Rex is afraid of the Bills defence right now and needs that "added help" to stop them?

This is a situation where a guy who believes his own hype of being great thinks he can turn around another teams trash into a superstar. Rex really believes he can take Maybin and turn him into what jauron saw him as in College. Like he said, he doesn't need him to be a starter. Rex wants him as a 3rd down rush the passer player. Almost like a gadget player on offence, he expects maybin to be a luxury whos only job when he steps onto the field on 3rd downs is to just run straight at the Qb and try and sack him.

unfortunatly for them, if he even showed glimpses of having that potential, the Bills would have kept him and continued to develop him, and I think Rex will soon find this out and turn around and say publically (to save face) that they picked him up to get info on the Bills

I posted this in a different Maybin thread yesterday. It's from a Chris Brown blog from September 2010 before we played the Jets last year:

"Jets head coach Rex Ryan knows Aaron Maybin a bit more than the average NFL head coach that doesn’t have him on their roster.

That’s because Ryan’s kids went to the same high school as Maybin in Baltimore when he was the Ravens’ defensive coordinator."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/29/ryan-know-maybin-well/

For those that think Rex isnt worried about other teams especially the Bills are dead wrong IMO. I personally think Rex' persona to the media is an absolute front. People that know they are great usually don't go around saying they are. They are usually humble about it and just work at trying to get better even though they are already the best (Bill Bellicheck, Tony Dungy, Dick Vermeil) Guys like Ryan stand out to me because they are so insecure. They mAke it all about themselves to hide something. They make stupid comments like guaranteing the Super Bowl victories because they feel they can syke out other teams because they know they need an extra edge. They make rude remarks about other teams like the Pats and then make ruder remarks about the rest of the league saying they are the only ones that beat them on a regular basis.

I personally think Rex is insecure as anyone and it shows with him trying to take all the attention off his insecurities and focus in how cocky or rediculous he is. He's terrified of BB and now he's scared of Merriman and Dareus making his QB (who he knows is not spectacular) scared for his life. Rex is scared. Very scared he is looking for that dare to be great situation with Maybin and he is looking for help on other teams info at the same time.

We will sweep the Jets this year.

Mark it down.