Front Seven

Has anyone noted the fact that of the Bills seven starters up front, three of them are insanely good- I mean Pro Bowl good- right now? Not only is this noteworthy, but more importantly with all the attention they're gonna be paid, it's gonna open up things very nicely for the other four and with increased pressure it's gonna make things a lot easier on the DB's. I'm setting the over/under for our defensive rank this year at 15. Obviously this is all contingent on people staying healthy, but how can you not love the young depth we have right now- namely Batten, Carrington, Troup and Moats. Man I'm happy with the direction of this franchise right now. Your resident eternal optimist, Metz

I'm with ya. The d front looks great. Dareus and Williams will be wreaking havoc for sure. I knew dareus was good, but he looked better Saturday than he did in college, playing vs college competition. Williams burst of the snap is amazing. He was the first one in motion on almost every play. The opposing offenses are gonna have to pick their poison regarding whom to double team. And then there's merriman. Seems like our opponents should be double teaming him on every pass play. It's gonna be interesting. I hope Edwards can utilize them to their fullest

Has anyone noted the fact that of the Bills seven starters up front, three of them are insanely good- I mean Pro Bowl good- right now? Not only is this noteworthy, but more importantly with all the attention they're gonna be paid, it's gonna open up things very nicely for the other four and with increased pressure it's gonna make things a lot easier on the DB's. I'm setting the over/under for our defensive rank this year at 15. Obviously this is all contingent on people staying healthy, but how can you not love the young depth we have right now- namely Batten, Carrington, Troup and Moats. Man I'm happy with the direction of this franchise right now. Your resident eternal optimist, Metz

i'm drinkin' this kool-aid by the pitcher!

Three of them are pro-bowl good?

Kyle Williams barely made the pro-bowl... Merriman hasn't been there in quite some time... Dareus is a rookie...

I don't want to be negative, because, the new front seven *is* awesome... but I doubt that we have three pro-bowlers.

That being said, I hope I'm wrong. :D

Kyle Williams barely made the pro-bowl... Merriman hasn't been there in quite some time... Dareus is a rookie...

I don't want to be negative, because, the new front seven *is* awesome... but I doubt that we have three pro-bowlers.

all we ask is for a sign of good things to come, and i beleive we got that saturday night. just the smallest of chances that our "what if"'s can turn into "holy $%^#"'s! preseason be damned, it was fun watching that d-line and i can't wait to see more!

I agree, it's more like 4.

I think you're kind of minimizing Williams' play last year. First off, without looking, who made it over him as an interior lineman? Wilfork, Ngata? Clearly, reputation plays into that a little. Kyle Williams had the best season that any Bills player has had last year dating back to Sam Cowart or maybe even Bryce Paup in my opinion. His performance in the Steelers game was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen in my life- offense or defense. So, yes technically he "barely made the pro Bowl," but i guess my point was that he performed at a Pro Bowl level. And I think we have three guys right now, obviously I don't have to name them, who could very easily be Pro Bowl type players. Whether or not they'll actually make the Pro Bowl, I guess we'll find out.