OK...this needs to be said for all of the grief our OT's take

its kind of refreshing to not hear everyone just going after bell like they always do, he really isn't bad at all and he holds his own against some of the best in the business do we need depth, absolutely but i don't think we need to go all out to replace him pears I'm open to as getting gather would've been nice if anything for depth purposes

Agreed, but even with that being said I'm 90% sure it was Urbick who got beat on that play anyway and not Pears. I think the starting O-line will be adequate, it's the depth across the O-line that has me worried.

Solid Oline depth is Very rare. A team that can plug and play like a GB did and the Steelers did is a testament to their QBs i believe. But if a starting LT goes down for any team it will be a massive loss. That being said I agree we need to get better on the front but Bell-Levitre-Wood is a great place to start.

That was Peppers and Ijonde (sp) that Bell and Pears were going against in the limited action the offense saw Sat night....thier DEs are the strength of their team and lets face it......the Bears WERE a playoff team last year.

I think we should give them a little bit of credit because they both did a pretty darn good job. Fitz had time to run the offense.....it was actually our interior guys that let us down if anybody as CJ should have scored on that final offensive posession.

Urbik I really hope gets it together and becomes a run mauling force......I was behind him but right now he def looks like the weak link.....he should have OBLITERATD the MLB so Spiller could score....it was the difference between 3 and 7 because it would have left the whole middle of the field open and in space Spiller is uncatchable.

Based on what Pears did I think we need better depth then Wang, Wrotto, Howard but I wouldnt want to replace him and Bell did a fine job.

The bills know what they are doing.

I agree that some of the Starting Ol played Ok but were they really tested? The Bills ran plays designed to shelter them. Lots of short quick stuff and screens. That will work in the first pre season game but once teams know they really cannot go long it's going to be another story. Also there is a serious lack of experienced depth. The Bills need help here before the season starts.

Melton and idonijue (spelling) had their way with him. Melton especially. There were about 6 plays where he was either pushed straight back or had his block shedded as the the ball carrier got to him. The instances where he was pushed back, fitz got fid of the ball quickly. Maybe he gave up some ground because he knew it was a quick pass. If that's the case, he gets a pass.

What did you think of his play?

I thought Pears did an adaquate job against some good competition....he wasn't out there pancaking anybody but Fitz did have time to get rid of the ball.....

My point is people were talking like the OT's on this team are turnstyles....which is not the case. Is Pears a all pro? No but I am really starting to wonder if anyone besides Clabo we could have brought in would have been an upgrade here.

As for Bell....when you have a premier pass rusher in front of you and he doesn't get to the QB? You did better then a "ok" job.

I agree with everyone that there is no depth on this team....if we take injuries we are in trouble.

I think Bell is a very solid LT who takes a lot of unfair criticism. He had an injury last year that prevented him from OTAs and proper offseason workouts. He only had one bad game and that was against Allen in a loud Minny dome.

I think Bell is going to take it to the next level & make a lot of people eat their words. Plus, he's a great guy.

Did anyone else have to suffer through the NFL Network replay of the game???? Have to listen to those announcers out of Chicago? Beyond Horrible!!!!!

Yes, that was one of the worst, if not the worst, NFL game broadcasts I experienced.

I understand it was a Bears' broadcast but when the Bills were on defense they rarely announced who made the tackle. They conducted interviews while the Bills were on offense. Unless I missed it, they didn't give the Bills' starting lineups.

Sam Rosen is a national broadcaster so I would've expected better. However, if he was getting nothing on the Bilsl from his spotter, it was a production issue.

As for Bell....when you have a premier pass rusher in front of you and he doesn't get to the QB? You did better then a "ok" job.

There was one running play where Bell pushed Urlacher into the secondary.