Could McGee get cut?

Blanketing him? The WR was open for about 3 seconds, the Qb was late delivering the ball, the ball went off about 3 sets of hands, lets not pretend like it was a play of the year. Granted, it was an athletic play, but it was far from a perfect play for him, if the QB had timed it better, it was going to be 6 for the Bears.

Sets of hands? He tipped the ball out of the receiver's hand, and made the play. Do your eyes lie to you? It wasn't going to be 6 either, as he would have caught it at the 5 or 6 yard line (but he didn't).

Aaron Williams looks really promising, i'm glad they picked him.

I also agree with whoever said McGee is better at run support than McKelvin, I think that's obvious.

Edited by cantankerous

There a much better chance that the Bills cut McGee, then of them cutting Kelsay, but we can have a million discussion/threads about why he is still on the team and about how he should be cut the at the first group of cuts.

McGee is getting up there in age, and he is having trouble staying healthy the last few seasons, although I have heard reports from Gailey/Nix saying that he is in probably the best shape he has been in a couple years and 100% right now, also that McKelvin is looking really good out there, so they have been moving McGee to the nickel spot during practice and will probably have him playing there alot this year

Id say there is about a 50-60% chance.

Wow, I think you need to divide by 10 on that probability.

With the slow development (if you can even call it that) of McLuv'n, McGee is an essential security blanket for a young team--especially if this is going to be a defense-first type season.

When healthy (yes, that's been a problem), he's still an above average CB and a guy we should feel a lot more comfortable with on the field than LM.

McGee just needs to stay healthy and have a solid preseason. McKelvin is a mental liability, and Florence lacks in run support. McGee has never been afraid to lower his pads and make tackles, unfortunately the past 3 seasons he's seen an increase in running backs breaking through the 1st and 2nd level. I am all for the "youth" movement but McGee is an invaluable stop gap for the next season.

Agreed. Too Much instability in the position. McGee is a proven player provided he can stay healthy. Not gonna put all my hopes in McKelvin and Florence...

Id say there is about a 50-60% chance. The new regime isnt thrilled with undersized and overpaid 30 year olds whos best days are behind them. (see lee evans). He is not one of their guys either. I think this all depends on how leodis plays for the rest of the preseason. With the emergence of williams the top 3 cb spots are now crowded.

He has also missed 12 games in the last 2 years.....just like evans couldn't I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Williams has not emerged yet. He has great upside, but as of Saturday, he is not starter material.

I can't see him getting cut, but maybe traded like Lee Evans. I don't WANT to lose him, but I've also mentioned this as a possiblity.

The Bills drafted Williams thinking Florence was gone. Reggie Corner has been the Nickel back the last few years. Basically, youv'e got Florence, Williams and McLovin, with two on the field at a time and one for depth. It sounds like they like this Rodgers kid too, which they might settle for a 5th spot.

By the way - when did Jon Corto get moved to Free Safety?? They were pairing him with Bryan Scott.