Keenan McCardell 2.0

Watching namaan Roosevelt play reminds me alot of Keenan McCardell.

McCardell was a 12th round pick, which would obviously be undrafted in today's game.

Just watching him he looks built the same way and has really good hands.

McCardell took a few years to take off but he was a solid receiver when teamed up with Jimmy smith

Hopefully he gets a shot to start, he has just been to good to deny.

Maybe he and Stevie could have the same success as Keenan and Jimmy "thunder and lightning"

McCardell was also a very productive player for Tampa Bay teaming up with Keyshaun Johnson for a couple of years as well even being a contributor to their Super Bowl run. If Roosevelt is anything like McCardell he will be a very good player.

High character as well

Watching namaan Roosevelt play reminds me alot of Keenan McCardell.

McCardell was a 12th round pick, which would obviously be undrafted in today's game.

Just watching him he looks built the same way and has really good hands.

McCardell took a few years to take off but he was a solid receiver when teamed up with Jimmy smith

Hopefully he gets a shot to start, he has just been to good to deny.

Maybe he and Stevie could have the same success as Keenan and Jimmy "thunder and lightning"

Unfortunately, they'd be more like "Thunder and Thunder". Neither is fast, in fact, I like to call Stevie "Brickfoot". They both do have very good hands, and good run after the catch ability, but not a lot of straight ahead speed.

Unfortunately, they'd be more like "Thunder and Thunder". Neither is fast, in fact, I like to call Stevie "Brickfoot". They both do have very good hands, and good run after the catch ability, but not a lot of straight ahead speed.

LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR:

THE GO ROUTE WILL NOT BE A CORNERSTONE OF GAILEYS OFFENSE!

They will shift the D, keep them guessing, hit gaps and get rid of it quick.

This obsession with straight ahead speedsters has me utterly perplexed. Fans should pay attention to the offense we DO run, and stop pontificating about the offense we "should" run.

Anyone here come close to sniffing Gaileys play calling credentials? No? Then find your own team to coach.

Well all four were/aren't burners and all close in size, low level picks (or undrafted) but watching him again right now, he is smooth

This obsession with straight ahead speedsters has me utterly perplexed. Fans should pay attention to the offense we DO run, and stop pontificating about the offense we "should" run.

Anyone here come close to sniffing Gaileys play calling credentials? No? Then find your own team to coach.

Where did that come from? Your arguing with yourself

:applause:

Let them coach, I think they know more about football than anyone on this forum. Plus Fitz looked good passing and if Spiller wasn't playing on Slipdier Field he woulda made some nice plays I think. There's no reason to complain about much last night, cept for the right side of the o-line but we all sadly expected that...

:applause:

Let them coach, I think they know more about football than anyone on this forum. Plus Fitz looked good passing and if Spiller wasn't playing on Slipdier Field he woulda made some nice plays I think. There's no reason to complain about much last night, cept for the right side of the o-line but we all sadly expected that...

What!!! You and the cat are way off post

I would have thought that the trading of Lee Evans and his 30 something receptions and 3 touchdowns last year would have made this obvious but for some reason fans want to cling to it

This offense is going to be about routes you can run on a 3 step QB drop.....they will run slants....intermediate routes.....flood areas with receivers......etc etc

And it is not like we do not have speed on this team.....Stevie Johnston is 4.4 guy and we have other receivers who will be close to the same speed....the difference is all the receivers now minus Roscoe are over 6' tall and over 200 pounds....ALL OF THEM.....our tight end is a fricken clydsdale

I would have thought that the trading of Lee Evans and his 30 something receptions and 3 touchdowns last year would have made this obvious but for some reason fans want to cling to it

This offense is going to be about routes you can run on a 3 step QB drop.....they will run slants....intermediate routes.....flood areas with receivers......etc etc

And it is not like we do not have speed on this team.....Stevie Johnston is 4.4 guy and we have other receivers who will be close to the same speed....the difference is all the receivers now minus Roscoe are over 6' tall and over 200 pounds....ALL OF THEM.....our tight end is a fricken clydsdale

Yeah nice but the point is just Roosevelt looks and plays like mcCardell

I rewatched the game and Hubbard had two drops, davis had a couple, Chandler had one, and Huggins had one.

Roosevelts got hit twice as soon as the ball got to him, and he hung on, and props to Stevie holding onto the ball with the urlacher spear coming right at him

Yeah, Chandler is a BIG boy.

He can't leave himself exposed after contact, though. We can't afford to have him cracked by five defenders like he did on that one play Saturday.

He doesn't strike me as the bull-you-over type. A lot of finesse in his game. So when the D is coming at him, the brotha's gotta learn to get LOW!

The "go route" isn't the cornerstone of ANY offense. That's not the point of needing speed at the WR position. The go route isn't the only route in which you need straight line speed, it's also not the only route you need to get behind defenders. So before you preach to everyone on this board about your ability to evaluate Football, maybe you should take your own advice and you won't be so "perplexed".

Have you ever heard Gailey or any offensive coach say "we don't need speed at the WR position, because we only run slant and intermediate routes in our offense"? Of course you haven't. It's the threat of speed that allows the intermediate routes to work. Speed commands safety involvement to guard against the "go route" or any route that is designed to get behind the CB. This stretches out the defense and opens those holes. If you don't have speed as a threat (not a cornerstone), the defensive backfield pinches in thus cramping the ability for the intermediate stuff to work at its best. Hello.

The "go route" isn't the cornerstone of ANY offense. That's not the point of needing speed at the WR position. The go route isn't the only route in which you need straight line speed, it's also not the only route you need to get behind defenders. So before you preach to everyone on this board about your ability to evaluate Football, maybe you should take your own advice and you won't be so "perplexed".

Have you ever heard Gailey or any offensive coach say "we don't need speed at the WR position, because we only run slant and intermediate routes in our offense"? Of course you haven't. It's the threat of speed that allows the intermediate routes to work. Speed commands safety involvement to guard against the "go route" or any route that is designed to get behind the CB. This stretches out the defense and opens those holes. If you don't have speed as a threat (not a cornerstone), the defensive backfield pinches in thus cramping the ability for the intermediate stuff to work at its best. Hello.

Dang

Oh, so that settles it.

The slant is the chicken, and the go is the egg. And of course we can all agree on which came first.

Oh, so that settles it.

The slant is the chicken, and the go is the egg. And of course we can all agree on which came first.

You're one of the better posters man, I didn't mean to be too disrespectful, but I'm suprised that you don't think speed is needed at the WR position. But this team especially with the departure of Evans better figure out a way to get behind the CB or we will see the defense close in on our short routes. The DB's are going to take a step back and jump those routes. The reason they take 2-3 steps back is the threat of speed, thus making the slant successful.

On the other hand I understand your original point which is it's not all about speed and in Gailey's offense he doesn't go deep often. But the defense must respect that you can.

You're one of the better posters man, I didn't mean to be too disrespectful, but I'm suprised that you don't think speed is needed at the WR position. But this team especially with the departure of Evans better figure out a way to get behind the CB or we will see the defense close in on our short routes. The DB's are going to take a step back and jump those routes. The reason they take 2-3 steps back is the threat of speed, thus making the slant successful.

On the other hand I understand your original point which is it's not all about speed and in Gailey's offense he doesn't go deep often. But the defense must respect that you can.

I simply don't buy the notion that we have NOBODY on our roster who can get by the pressure at the line AND run a deep pattern efficiently.

I simply don't believe that Lee Evans' contribution in this manner is something that can't be supplemented by some of the young talent we already have. Perhaps not to Evans' caliber, I will concede that. But folks here would have you believe that not a single Bills player--not no how--is capable of beating a corner and sprinting down field. That's just nonsense to me.

I simply don't buy the notion that we have NOBODY on our roster who can get by the pressure at the line AND run a deep pattern efficiently.

I simply don't believe that Lee Evans' contribution in this manner is something that can't be supplemented by some of the young talent we already have. Perhaps not to Evans' caliber, I will concede that. But folks here would have you believe that not a single Bills player--not no how--is capable of beating a corner and sprinting down field. That's just nonsense to me.

I by in large agree with you. I'm not the biggest Lee Evans supporter. But I re watched probably 30-40 games during Evans' tenure and watched all the games from last year to try and convince myself that Lee was commanding the attention all his apologists say he did. It's a difficult thing to do because obviously the NFL filming follows the ball and rarely gives a glimpse of the entire field so you can see where everyone is lined up. But when I could see, by in large Evans was commanding safety help (double team).

They weren't worried about him slanting hence there would have been more LB involvement. It was the over the top safety help he commanded (go route).

In saying that, this team needs someone to emerge or I believe Stevie Johnson will struggle this year. Stevie by himself isn't a #1 receiver, he needs the scheme to help him. He isn't big, he isn't fast, and I'm not 100% sold on his hands. He put his name out there nationally doing the interviews etc. I have no issue with that, but he's being noticed now by defenses. I feel he's most likely going to get a LB shading his way and/a safety. If these other guys don't burn teams for doing this it's going to be tough to move the ball in chunks.

If only we had a receiver who was really fast and could run fly routes...