Don't make me listen to him!

There are a bunch of broadcasters that do, imo, a subpar job. however, i dont think i could do much better so i wont bother listing them.

i DO really like the Monday night crew. Mike Tirico, John Gruden, and Jaws are really good in the booth. Tirico is a great play-by-play guy, and between Gruden and Jaws you have two of the best play-recognizing minds in the business. I love when they breakdown plays and show you something like "see how the outside CB's first step was to the left? This causes the WR to run here, and the QB cues off of this read to make that play", all the little stuff. Love it!

There are a bunch of broadcasters that do, imo, a subpar job. however, i dont think i could do much better so i wont bother listing them.

i DO really like the Monday night crew. Mike Tirico, John Gruden, and Jaws are really good in the booth. Tirico is a great play-by-play guy, and between Gruden and Jaws you have two of the best play-recognizing minds in the business. I love when they breakdown plays and show you something like "see how the outside CB's first step was to the left? This causes the WR to run here, and the QB cues off of this read to make that play", all the little stuff. Love it!

Tirico can call plays but definitely doesn't have a high football iq, don't like when he "thinks"

Tirico can call plays but definitely doesn't have a high football iq, don't like when he "thinks"

Thats what Jaws and Gruden are there for, and they do a great job at it. Even correcting Tirico when they have to. But I dont mind Tirico's comments if they spark a conversation from Gruden/Jaws.

Great crew.

Jaws and Gruden's breakdown is really great. I consider myself a pretty big football fan (as would just about everone here), but when these guys break things down it really gets you to understand football at a deeper level. It's probably way too much for the average or casual fan, but I absolutely love watching a game and feeling like I learned something I didn't know. If they had a weekly show where they just broke down plays on film I'd watch it and learn (I think Jaws used to have a show).....

Harlan is very good for basketball when the action and the details come lightning fast but he applies the same approach to football and it sounds horrible.

Murph and Kelso on the radio have become one of the best in the League. Some think that Kelso over thinks the play but as another poster said to the effect "if as big a football fan as me learns something ...then job well done." I agree