Jerry Gray's week 1 screw up....

Boatdrinks

will now cost us an historic turnaround of our season. Yes I'm talking about 4th and 22 vs JAGS. We rushed 3 at Leftwich on 4th and 22. He had FOREVER in the pocket to launch a prayer at Jimmy Smith for a 25 yard hookup. Yeah Yeah, say what you will about Clements' play, but the fact is BL did nothing vs the blitz all day and we backed off on the most crucial play of the game. Jerry's fatal flaw is backing off in these situations. It's a shame after this great 2nd half charge, but stick a fork in us as the JAGS are almost certain to go to the playoffs while we sit home and contemplate 4th and 22. :doh:

will now cost us an historic turnaround of our season. Yes I'm talking about 4th and 22 vs JAGS.  We rushed 3 at Leftwich on 4th and 22. He had FOREVER in the pocket to launch a prayer at Jimmy Smith for a 25 yard hookup. Yeah Yeah, say what you will about Clements' play, but the fact is BL did nothing vs the blitz all day and we backed off on the most crucial play of the game. Jerry's fatal flaw is backing off in these situations. It's a shame after this great 2nd half charge, but stick a fork in us as the JAGS are almost certain to go to the playoffs while we sit home and contemplate 4th and 22. :doh:

167740[/snapback]

no we could argue that we could have one of the other games.......so please end this .......if whatever happens........it happens

I was heartbroken after that game, and I'll say the same thing I said 14 weeks ago....

What game were you watching? Leftwhich did not take "forever" in the pocket (although there wasn't much of a rush). He took his drop and immediately launched a prayer. A blitz wouldn't have done anything. That one is on Clements.

Yeah, and the first four weeks of the season the offense couldn't run a trick play without it resulting in disaster, it's running back could gain more than 60 yards in a game, and for all intents and purposes, they had one good WR. AND they were lucky to score more than 13 points in a game.

Now the offense is winning games with trick plays, have a solid running back, and a new deep threat at WR.

It's taken time for this team to develop. That's what happens when you have a rookie HC, a rookie WR, and a rookie RB.