Bills Camp

LGB

The offensive line was pretty dreadful man. As bad as the defense, no. Thats not saying a hell of a lot. Jackson never had anywhere to go (failed to reach 1,000 yards and scored only 5 touchdowns despite appearing in 16 games), and Gailey/Fitz designed and executed a passing game to literally work around never having pass protection. It was ugly. People talk about Fitz throwing too many interceptions...try putting a hand on a pass rusher before he crushes your most important player.

One encouraging thing I've found is that Jackson went from 3.8 ypc over the first eight games to 4.4 over the final eight games. Its possible we were improving. Personally, looking at the personnel, I'm expecting the running game to struggle mightily again when the season opens.

We have 2 good offensive linemen, as of now. Nobody else has shown anything.

As long as this discussion doesn't get personal.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, camp has been great for the defense and before you think this defense is so improved, consider that fact that the Bills offense has regressed. yes, it means little if you have a boatload of QBs, WRs and RBs, but have little or no help at pass protection or run blocking.

How many years do we have to wait until the OL is addressed? ...trying to be optimistic, let’s see what happens in the next couple of practice games which will be soon upon us. Maybe it will not look like the Bills will once again need multiple QBs after they get the s#it beat out of them for yet another season.

Maybe it won't be sooo painfully obvious that LT is such a position of need again...after all, CHIX can't be that blind - right?

Defense is always way ahead when the off season starts so don't jump off the ledge yet.

That being said you are right on the money and we need better OTs. Quantity does not equal quality. Lets hope our QB doesn't get killed and our RBs find an occasional accidental hole while we wait for the front office to erase the mistakes of the Peters fiasco. We ended up losing a mulit probowl LT and a completely serviceable road grating RT who was way better than what we have now.

Time for the front office to admit their joke of a mistake and that the replacements for those 2 players were not already on the roster and invest some serious money or a VERY high draft pick to get those spots locked up. I knew we wouldn't get a LT the last 2 years in the draft because they want to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bell isn't the right guy for the job like they did with Edwards. Once Bell and the fodder we are trying out at RT are exposed as being mediocre at best my hope is that between free agency and a first and/or second round draft pick in 2012 will hopefully fix the problem.

Edited by PDaDdy

Once Bell and the fodder we are trying out at RT are exposed as being mediocre at best my hope is that between free agency and a first and/or second round draft pick in 2012 will hopefully fix the problem.

Damn, so we have to wait another year? That won't bring Fitz any comfort...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Yeah, camp has been great for the defense and before you think this defense is so improved, consider that fact that the Bills offense has regressed. yes, it means little if you have a boatload of QBs, WRs and RBs, but have little or no help at pass protection or run blocking.

How many years do we have to wait until the OL is addressed? ...trying to be optimistic, let’s see what happens in the next couple of practice games which will be soon upon us. Maybe it will not look like the Bills will once again need multiple QBs after they get the s#it beat out of them for yet another season.

Maybe it won't be sooo painfully obvious that LT is such a position of need again...after all, CHIX can't be that blind - right?

You are gonna have to wait one more year. They can't fix it all in one fell swoop.

You are gonna have to wait one more year. They can't fix it all in one fell swoop.

Right, I should have titled the post: “Some Observations”.

Anyway my point was/is that: yes the Wannstedt improved defense really does look improved (good news - even if playing against the catch-up 1st team OL) - but it looks like the talent on the OL is not there - which could hinder the offense – right? I clearly stated "Let’s see how this plays out." Maybe we can coach up who we have or CHIX could still make a deal (it just seems like year after year, more could have been done to improve the OL to keep moving the chains and not getting our QBs pummeled into the ground – which would take less heat off of the D).

Go Bills!

Just a question....haven't heard much about Hartison at tackle. Anyone seen him or heard about him doing anything? And also, I too believe that the Bills are FAR too thin and T and curious why they didn't take a look at Locklear FA from SEA or Ryan Harris from DEN. Anyone have any insight on those guys as to why the FO wouldnt at least give them an invite?