Kyle Williams

5 Wide

The "Rolling Ball of Butcher Knives" was a great interview. I'd love to have a few beers with him someday. Love the way he plays!

I thought his comment on high draft picks talking a big game before doing it on the field was a clear shot to some of his former (Whitner) and current (Maybin) teammates.

Summary for those who missed it.... to the best of my typing abilities

Rome asked if it was a 4-12 year that felt like a 4-12 year or was it something more than that – KW said it was what it was, a 4-12 year… terrible start and never recovered

Talking about Nick Barnett, said the guy can really move, really fly around. Sideline to sideline, back in coverage, guy can just run.

Buf is similar to GB – it gets a bad rap from guys who want the clubbing nightlife lifestyle, but he has a family and it’s a great place to live, great place to raise a family, said if you’re really craving the big city nightlife Toronto is only 1.5 hours away

About playing in Toronto – said it’s ok, just not late in the season. Hated the fact they played the Dolphins in Toronto a few years back in the dome while it was a blizzard in orchard park… wanted to play in the snow

On Merriman – Great presence on the field, the two of them feed off eachother and they should be able to get in the backfield this year working together

Talking about not being well known – he said its all about respect within the game, doesn’t need the media hype to make him feel good about himself, whenever he starts to get too high, his kids knock him down a peg

On being ready for the first preseason game – you’re never ready, you can run and lift all you want, but until it goes live, you’re never ready

On Dareus – Doesn’t like guys who talk, he wants guys who show him. Said Marcel is a jovial personality, but he puts the work in and has earned his respect

On Fitzpatrick – said Fitz lets everyone know he went to Harvard…. Works it into conversations all the time, but he isn’t what you think of when you think of a “Harvard Guy”…. He has a nappy scraggly beard, tells dirty jokes, just a normal guy.

That was pretty much it, a good listen, just glad that guy is on our team

Buffalo defensive tackle Kyle Williams, a wide, 295-pound man with thick legs, shot a 66 at the University Club in Baton Rouge two summers ago. Seven birdies and an eagle.

Last year, Williams, who hadn't played organized baseball since his junior year in high school, took batting practice at Rogers Centre before a Blue Jays game. He hit a home run an estimated 400 feet.

And before Marshawn Lynch left the team last year in trade with Seattle, he challenged Williams to a swimming race in the team's rehab pool. Williams, a competitive swimmer growing up in Louisiana, beat him easily.

On Sunday, I asked him his golf handicap.

"Zero,'' he said.

Peter king... respect

Summary for those who missed it.... to the best of my typing abilities

Rome asked if it was a 4-12 year that felt like a 4-12 year or was it something more than that – KW said it was what it was, a 4-12 year… terrible start and never recovered

Talking about Nick Barnett, said the guy can really move, really fly around. Sideline to sideline, back in coverage, guy can just run.

Buf is similar to GB – it gets a bad rap from guys who want the clubbing nightlife lifestyle, but he has a family and it’s a great place to live, great place to raise a family, said if you’re really craving the big city nightlife Toronto is only 1.5 hours away

About playing in Toronto – said it’s ok, just not late in the season. Hated the fact they played the Dolphins in Toronto a few years back in the dome while it was a blizzard in orchard park… wanted to play in the snow

On Merriman – Great presence on the field, the two of them feed off eachother and they should be able to get in the backfield this year working together

Talking about not being well known – he said its all about respect within the game, doesn’t need the media hype to make him feel good about himself, whenever he starts to get too high, his kids knock him down a peg

On being ready for the first preseason game – you’re never ready, you can run and lift all you want, but until it goes live, you’re never ready

On Dareus – Doesn’t like guys who talk, he wants guys who show him. Said Marcel is a jovial personality, but he puts the work in and has earned his respect

On Fitzpatrick – said Fitz lets everyone know he went to Harvard…. Works it into conversations all the time, but he isn’t what you think of when you think of a “Harvard Guy”…. He has a nappy scraggly beard, tells dirty jokes, just a normal guy.

That was pretty much it, a good listen, just glad that guy is on our team

:worthy::thumbsup: SAYS IT ALL ... thanks for the report, does ROME have access to interviews on web?

I love that this team is starting to get a personality...an identity. I can't come up with a single word for it, but it's there. You see it Fitz's "Amish Rifle" beard, his joking in the huddle, his clearly-just-for-fun "I went to Harvard" comments. You see it in Kyle's down-to-earth, "Whatever, I'm a real-world guy" mindset. It's in Stevie's "Why So Serious?" swagger, and in Marcel's hungry will to dominate.

This group WANTS to win, wants to WORK for the wins, isn't crying over the disrespect. They're out to EARN respect. I'm not sure if we get to a winning season this season, necessarily, but I get a sense this club will earn respect for its refusal to roll over.

I love that this team is starting to get a personality...an identity. I can't come up with a single word for it, but it's there. You see it Fitz's "Amish Rifle" beard, his joking in the huddle, his clearly-just-for-fun "I went to Harvard" comments. You see it in Kyle's down-to-earth, "Whatever, I'm a real-world guy" mindset. It's in Stevie's "Why So Serious?" swagger, and in Marcel's hungry will to dominate.

This group WANTS to win, wants to WORK for the wins, isn't crying over the disrespect. They're out to EARN respect. I'm not sure if we get to a winning season this season, necessarily, but I get a sense this club will earn respect for its refusal to roll over.

Thank goodness these guys want to win. That last group of guys didn't even care whether they won or lost. :wallbash:

Isn't about 70% of this team still the same?

Thank goodness these guys want to win. That last group of guys didn't even care whether they won or lost. :wallbash:

Isn't about 70% of this team still the same?

I'll take one order of cornflakes with a side of Erik Flowers' piss, please!