This is where I wish Ralph had greater vision

Lv-Bills

So, the front page article on TBD today explaining Ralph Wilson's gift to the Hall of Fame. Great. Unless I missed it, and I kind of got irked and skimmed the majority of it, but it says he made a significant contribution supporting the 27 million dollar Hall of Fame building preserving football history. Now, I actually do see that it's 2.5 million dollars. I think that's really cool. I actually think Ralph feels like the AFL part of the league will totally be forgotten one day. So, he wants to preserve it. I get it. Awesome gesture.

My problem with it is this. Why not build it in Buffalo, next to the Ralph Wilson Stadium? 2.5 million dollars gets you a lot of building. I build recreation centers and athletic complexes for a living. 2.5 million can get you a nice structure. So, why not imporove your own place? Why not give Buffalonians jobs, both building it and working in it? Why not let it pay taxes in Buffalo? A 2.5 million dollar start to a Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame would be quaint, but still pretty darn nice. Especially if it's built where it could be expanded one day. It would enhance the grounds, give another tourist option for fans and visitors alike, and upgrade an old stadium. I just don't get the decision making process sometimes. It's almost like Ralph is pissed off he's in Buffalo a lot of times.

Bottom line........the football world is in better shape today because of Ralph's gift to the Hall of Fame. Kudos. But why not invest in your own team and city instead of giving 2.5 to Canton? I mean, the Pro Football Hall of Fame is alright, but it doesn't blow anyone away by any means. I've been there times, and pretty underwhelmed by the Hall itself. Loved the game the Bills played the Titans, but the Hall is cool, but nothing special. I would love to see a structure near the stadium, that would enhance the grounds a bit. AKA, a start to the Green Bay model. Hell, if anything, replace the bench seating in the stadium with real seats and cupholders. Hell, I don't know. Just invest it in your own house.

Oh well, not a biggie. Just don't get it sometimes. A minor vent. And I'm usually not a Ralph hater.

So, the front page article on TBD today explaining Ralph Wilson's gift to the Hall of Fame. Great. Unless I missed it, and I kind of got irked and skimmed the majority of it, but it says he made a significant contribution supporting the 27 million dollar Hall of Fame building preserving football history. Now, I actually do see that it's 2.5 million dollars. I think that's really cool. I actually think Ralph feels like the AFL part of the league will totally be forgotten one day. So, he wants to preserve it. I get it. Awesome gesture.

My problem with it is this. Why not build it in Buffalo, next to the Ralph Wilson Stadium? 2.5 million dollars gets you a lot of building. I build recreation centers and athletic complexes for a living. 2.5 million can get you a nice structure. So, why not imporove your own place? Why not give Buffalonians jobs, both building it and working in it? Why not let it pay taxes in Buffalo? A 2.5 million dollar start to a Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame would be quaint, but still pretty darn nice. Especially if it's built where it could be expanded one day. It would enhance the grounds, give another tourist option for fans and visitors alike, and upgrade an old stadium. I just don't get the decision making process sometimes. It's almost like Ralph is pissed off he's in Buffalo a lot of times.

Bottom line........the football world is in better shape today because of Ralph's gift to the Hall of Fame. Kudos. But why not invest in your own team and city instead of giving 2.5 to Canton? I mean, the Pro Football Hall of Fame is alright, but it doesn't blow anyone away by any means. I've been there times, and pretty underwhelmed by the Hall itself. Loved the game the Bills played the Titans, but the Hall is cool, but nothing special. I would love to see a structure near the stadium, that would enhance the grounds a bit. AKA, a start to the Green Bay model. Hell, if anything, replace the bench seating in the stadium with real seats and cupholders. Hell, I don't know. Just invest it in your own house.

Oh well, not a biggie. Just don't get it sometimes. A minor vent. And I'm usually not a Ralph hater.

With the gift the Hall of Fame Library will be named after him, thereby linking him forever to the Hall of Fame. I do respect Ralph for keeping a team here, but I have always felt once he was in the Hall and his place in football was cemented that the Bills would be more of an afterthought with him.

Since the timing is a bit suspect,

hard to ignore the possible connection that this may have been the cost to Ralph of generating enough interest to put him in the Hall

Since the timing is a bit suspect,

hard to ignore the possible connection that this may have been the cost to Ralph of generating enough interest to put him in the Hall

Do you actually believe the stuff you post here or are you just trying to provoke us into having to tell you that you know as much about the HOF selection process as you do about the roles of regional and national scouts?

GO BILLS!!!

If there is such a thing as a football scholar, they reside in Canton, Ohio. The job of the Hall of Fame is to collect artifacts, preserve the history and be a depository for information about professional football. I don't think the library belongs anywhere but Canton. Buffalo could have made just as strong an arguement, as Canton did fifty years ago, for the Hall as one of the birthplaces of the pro game. We didn't do it and the Hall belongs to Canton.

I think he can make the donation for the Library and build a Bills HoF. That call might be more Russ Brandon's than Ralphs at this point. (If they figure out a way to make some money on it, they'll eventually built one.)

The Bills go 4-0 in Super Bowls and there is already a multi-million dollar HOF in Buffalo. The Bills go 3-1 on Super Bowls, same thing. The Bills go 2-2 in Super Bowls there is a 2 million dollar Bills HOF and practice field, same thing with 1-3 in super bowls.

0-4 and the money goes to Canton.

(they put the Bills 4 AFC championship games in a row Up against the Eagles 4 NFC Championships in a row. BIG DIFFERENCE the Bills WON all 4!).

Edited by Why So Serious?