Odds to Win The Super Bowl

On Mike and Mike this morning they brought up who is the worst team in the NFL. They covered it for about 30 seconds because they said yesterday Bodog released there odds to win the Super Bowl and the Bills came in at 150/1 and tied for worst. I bring this up because I was shocked when Adam Schefter defended the Bills saying something along the lines of ... The Bills are not in that class of team at this point. I watched them play in some hard fought games last year that they just let slip away. They are much better than the last couple of teams in the leauge. Am I going to say they are going to win the Super Bowl? No. But just know that they are a much better team.

Nothing earth shattering but I did find it interesting at any rate. Below are all the teams odds to win the Super Bowl.

Bodog Super Bowl Odds

New England Patriots 13/2

Green Bay Packers 7/1

Philadelphia Eagles 8/1

San Diego Chargers 11/1

New York Jets 12/1

Atlanta Falcons 14/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 14/1

Baltimore Ravens 16/1

Dallas Cowboys 16/1

New Orleans Saints 16/1

Indianapolis Colts 18/1

Houston Texans 25/1

New York Giants 25/1

Chicago Bears 28/1

Detroit Lions 30/1

Minnesota Vikings 30/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30/1

Kansas City Chiefs 40/1

St. Louis Rams 40/1

San Francisco 49ers 50/1

Miami Dolphins 55/1

Arizona Cardinals 65/1

Oakland Raiders 65/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 75/1

Tennessee Titans 75/1

Cleveland Browns 80/1

Denver Broncos 80/1

Seattle Seahawks 80/1

Cincinnati Bengals 100/1

Washington Redskins 100/1

Buffalo Bills 150/1

Carolina Panthers 150/1

At least they have company at the bottom.

i hope it works out that way. The best college QB prospect in 15 years is coming out next year. Carolina is not drafting ANOTHER QB no 1. Face it, the Bills were terrible last year and they are essentially the same team this year. a half a dozen players will have to have improved dramatically from last year for things to change this year. Teams will just run the ball at them until they stop the run. Simple as that. Unless Carrington, Dareus Batten, Merriman and some others turn out to be great in a big hurry, 2011 will look a lot like 2010. Offense maybe has the ball 8 or 9 series per game. Can;t do much with that.

On Mike and Mike this morning they brought up who is the worst team in the NFL. They covered it for about 30 seconds because they said yesterday Bodog released there odds to win the Super Bowl and the Bills came in at 150/1 and tied for worst. I bring this up because I was shocked when Adam Schefter defended the Bills saying something along the lines of ... The Bills are not in that class of team at this point. I watched them play in some hard fought games last year that they just let slip away. They are much better than the last couple of teams in the leauge. Am I going to say they are going to win the Super Bowl? No. But just know that they are a much better team.

Nothing earth shattering but I did find it interesting at any rate. Below are all the teams odds to win the Super Bowl.

Bodog Super Bowl Odds

Green Bay Packers 7/1

Philadelphia Eagles 8/1

San Diego Chargers 11/1

New York Jets 12/1

Atlanta Falcons 14/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 14/1

Baltimore Ravens 16/1

Dallas Cowboys 16/1

New Orleans Saints 16/1

Indianapolis Colts 18/1

Houston Texans 25/1

New York Giants 25/1

Chicago Bears 28/1

Detroit Lions 30/1

Minnesota Vikings 30/1

Kansas City Chiefs 40/1

St. Louis Rams 40/1

San Francisco 49ers 50/1

Miami Dolphins 55/1

Arizona Cardinals 65/1

Oakland Raiders 65/1

Tennessee Titans 75/1

Cleveland Browns 80/1

Denver Broncos 80/1

Seattle Seahawks 80/1

Cincinnati Bengals 100/1

Buffalo Bills 150/1

Carolina Panthers 150/1

Shefter is pretty knowledgeable for a reporter, but nobody can be surprised that the Bills are ranked last in Super Bowl odds. There is a generation of Bills fans now that cannot even remember the Bills in a playoff game, so until this mess gets turned around they won't get any respect. This team has alot of young talent, alot of subpar starters and alot of projects, but until they learn how to win, they deserve to be on the bottom.

Bodog Super Bowl Odds

Green Bay Packers 7/1

Philadelphia Eagles 8/1

San Diego Chargers 11/1

New York Jets 12/1

Atlanta Falcons 14/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 14/1

Baltimore Ravens 16/1

Dallas Cowboys 16/1

New Orleans Saints 16/1

Indianapolis Colts 18/1

Houston Texans 25/1

New York Giants 25/1

Chicago Bears 28/1

Detroit Lions 30/1

Minnesota Vikings 30/1

Kansas City Chiefs 40/1

St. Louis Rams 40/1

San Francisco 49ers 50/1

Miami Dolphins 55/1

Arizona Cardinals 65/1

Oakland Raiders 65/1

Tennessee Titans 75/1

Cleveland Browns 80/1

Denver Broncos 80/1

Seattle Seahawks 80/1

Cincinnati Bengals 100/1

Buffalo Bills 150/1

Carolina Panthers 150/1

Hmmm… Chargers with better odds than the Jets? I guess I can see that with Rivers vs Sanchez. Hard to win the ultimate prize without a proven elite quarterback… but still… I think San Diego has gotten progressively weaker over the last 3-4 years.

Six teams have better odds than the Pittsburgh Steelers? Wow.

And the Patriots have better odds of winning than the defending Super Bowl Champs who finished last season with 16 players on injured reserve? Not so sure about that one either.

Actually I think those odds are fairly ridiculous. 30:1 for the Detroit Lions? Okily dokily.

i hope it works out that way. The best college QB prospect in 15 years is coming out next year. Carolina is not drafting ANOTHER QB no 1. Face it, the Bills were terrible last year and they are essentially the same team this year. a half a dozen players will have to have improved dramatically from last year for things to change this year. Teams will just run the ball at them until they stop the run. Simple as that. Unless Carrington, Dareus Batten, Merriman and some others turn out to be great in a big hurry, 2011 will look a lot like 2010. Offense maybe has the ball 8 or 9 series per game. Can;t do much with that.

I love when people say things like "face it" instead of "in my opinion."

There's nothing like someone's convictions to make others believe… you have me convinced (sarcasm).

And I hope you and your loser's attitude enjoy cheering for a train wreck season. May you savor every loss.

can't wait. CAN'T WAIT. lot's of winnable games on the schedule this year. it's the beginning of august. in all honesty, if you don't have optimism looking forward to the season, go post on a luekemia forum or something. why even follow the team if they bring you so much misery that, with a healthy roster, new additions, a nice schedule, and coming off a season where we were actually competitive in some of our losses, you don't think, but KNOW, we're going to be terrible.

MAN im fired up for week 1. i love football, i love the bills, and anything is possible.

Is it likely they take into account divisions when they do this? Obviously the Bills play in a tougher division than a lot of teams.

Might not reflect the team (I too watched them play with heart last year in close games) but the schedule. Although we definitely are in the bottom 10.

can't wait. CAN'T WAIT. lot's of winnable games on the schedule this year. it's the beginning of august. in all honesty, if you don't have optimism looking forward to the season, go post on a luekemia forum or something. why even follow the team if they bring you so much misery that, with a healthy roster, new additions, a nice schedule, and coming off a season where we were actually competitive in some of our losses, you don't think, but KNOW, we're going to be terrible.

MAN im fired up for week 1. i love football, i love the bills, and anything is possible.

I can understand optimism in august, its the unwarranted optimism that I do not understand. The defensive line got better almost certainly. We swapped Barnett for Poz, maybe a slight upgrade in pass coverage there, remains to be seen. Merriman has made it through several practices without going on IR, and reports are that he looks very good thus far. Secondary should probably be more or less the same caliber as last year. The offense is the same unless Spiller rises from the ashes of his crash and burn rookie season and kicks ass. If that happens we can be optimistic about a somewhat better offense, if not then same as last year.

So while I can understand optimism that the team should be somewhat improved over last season, that's about it. There is a middle ground between koolaid drinker and getting misery from following a team you know. I prefer a even-keeled outlook myself. Much less bipolar that way ;)

I can understand optimism in august, its the unwarranted optimism that I do not understand. The defensive line got better almost certainly. We swapped Barnett for Poz, maybe a slight upgrade in pass coverage there, remains to be seen. Merriman has made it through several practices without going on IR, and reports are that he looks very good thus far. Secondary should probably be more or less the same caliber as last year. The offense is the same unless Spiller rises from the ashes of his crash and burn rookie season and kicks ass. If that happens we can be optimistic about a somewhat better offense, if not then same as last year.

So while I can understand optimism that the team should be somewhat improved over last season, that's about it. There is a middle ground between koolaid drinker and getting misery from following a team you know. I prefer a even-keeled outlook myself. Much less bipolar that way ;)

This coaching staff and the players have a lot to prove this year, clearly the bookmakers don't think they will do very well this season.

The Bills have a QB better then Miami-Cleveland-Minnesota-San Francisco-Seattle-Oakland-Cincinnati-Washington-Carolina-Arizona-NJ Jets so there is a chance they could finish the year with a better record then those teams...provided Fitz can stay upright and off the IR :D

The Super Bowl props are almost always sucker bets. They are based on what people are willing to pay, not any sort of true odds of the event happening.

There are some decent lines in there, though. This seems to be the sweet spot:

Atlanta Falcons 14/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 14/1

Baltimore Ravens 16/1

Dallas Cowboys 16/1

New Orleans Saints 16/1

Indianapolis Colts 18/1

Guest three3

150-1? I'd put a Benjamin up on those odds.

how does that saying go, there's one of something born every day..

Here we go again...another "fan" rooting for them to lose so they can draft an unproven QB.

A lot of that has to due with the fact that the Jets and Pats are in the division , barring a major injury the Bills playing for the 6th seed before the season starts. That said put them in the nfc west ,and I would be they be battling for the division title. Team is getting better and one of these years soon (fingers crossed )the jets will implode or Brady will start to decling .

The Bills won't get anywhere near that pick. The Redskins seem to be in full dump mode (brings back memories of the Sidney croaby draft )this year with an eye towards number one. It is a shame we are in the division we are because I think the team is getting close to middle of the pact. Do the the bears, vikings, texans, chiefs and for that matter the Giants have a large talent gap over the Bills ? I thing the Bills have moved from the 20-30 group to the 10 -20 group in year two of nix/gailey. The next step gets a lot harder but they clearly are headed in the right direction .