For those that wanted Tebow...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Orton is an 8 year vet who threw for 3600 yds and 20 tds in just 13 games last year.

Tebow is going into his second year with 3 starts under his belt.

It takes a couple of years for most QBs to develop. I'm not saying that he's going to be great but it's a bit early to be saying I told ya so.

I don't understand the point. Tebow not starting has more to do with the Broncos' inability to rape the Dolphins than it has to do with the Broncos distrust of Tebow at the helm. If you've still got Orton, of course he's your starter right now.

Kyle Orton is an 8 year vet who threw for 3600 yds and 20 tds in just 13 games last year.

Tebow is going into his second year with 3 starts under his belt.

It takes a couple of years for most QBs to develop. I'm not saying that he's going to be great but it's a bit early to be saying I told ya so.

If u take a QB in the first round, u expect him to start as soon as possible. The fact that he couldn't unseat an average QB that was on the trade block tells me he sucks. And from what I've read, it's not even close. He sucks so bad that they had to take Orton off the trade block.

Maybe this will make it more clear for those that can't read between the lines...

I don't understand the point. Tebow not starting has more to do with the Broncos' inability to rape the Dolphins than it has to do with the Broncos distrust of Tebow at the helm. If you've still got Orton, of course he's your starter right now.

Could u be any more wrong?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/08/01/broncos-quarterbacks/index.html?sct=nfl_bf2_a4

Orton was taken off the trade block because Tebow sucks so bad that they needed a COMPETENT QB to start the season.

here appears to be a mile-wide disconnect in Denver. Most fans of the Broncos want former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow to be the team's starting quarterback. No matter how well Tebow practices and plays. No matter who else the Broncos have at his position. No matter how well the Broncos fare on the field. No. Matter. What. A lot of fans want the media to stop talking and writing about Tebow. Caught in the middle of all this are the Broncos, a team trying to rebuild from last year's 4-12 season with a new coaching staff and a lot of new faces on the roster. ... Tebow hasn't been the Broncos' best quarterback at training camp. He's behind veteran Kyle Orton, and the gap isn't small.

The Denver Post

Edited by DreReed83

Who's Denver's Coach?

John Fox.

What is John Fox's reputation?

LOVES the veteran QB. Will ride the vet until he absolutely has to put the young guy in.

Who was the guy responsible for drafting Tebow?

Josh McDaniels.

Add up the pieces and Tebow didn't have a chance to be the starter. Fox is about as conservative as it gets when it comes to his QBs. That situation in Carolina last year was an absolute nightmare for the guy. Tebow just has to wait another year unless someone offers something for him.

If u take a QB in the first round, u expect him to start as soon as possible. The fact that he couldn't unseat an average QB that was on the trade block tells me he sucks. And from what I've read, it's not even close. He sucks so bad that they had to take Orton off the trade block.

I'm not disagreeing with you. What I am saying is that He is in a new offense under a new HC and regime in his second year. Lockout meant No OTA's and no coach contact. Give him some time is all I'm saying.

Maybe this will make it more clear for those that can't read between the lines...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/08/01/broncos-quarterbacks/index.html?sct=nfl_bf2_a4

Orton was taken off the trade block because Tebow sucks so bad that they needed a COMPETENT QB to start the season.

I am no Timmy T fane but Denver could be doing this to still and try n trade Orton. They wanted a 2nd and couldn't get it from the FAGS. From all reports Henne is just awful. Maybe Miami will b willing to give up that 2nd now seeing Orton is pretty solid (not great)n Henne being poop! Just because they have taken him off the T-block doesn't mean they still wont entertain offers. Also it has only been 1 year for Tim and he was considered some what a project coming out.

If u take a QB in the first round, u expect him to start as soon as possible.

Sort of true, but remember that this isn't the front office that took Tebow. He's not their mistake if he isn't an instant star.

The fact that he couldn't unseat an average QB that was on the trade block tells me he sucks.

From your link...

If it were strictly a football decision, it would be a no-brainer at this point. Orton threw for 41 touchdowns and had the second-lowest interception percentage among regular starters the past two seasons. He is entering his seventh season and has won 32 of 61 career starts.

Not exactly the average QB that everyone keeps saying he is.

The only reason Tebow is never going to be good in the NFL is his throwing motion. He can't fix it, and if he can't fix it he will always suck. From the time he decides to throw until the ball gets there is far too long. It's the same reason that Leinart will never be good, even though Tebow has a much stronger arm than Leinart.

Tebow got away with it in college but in the pros the linemen and LBs and especially DBs are too fast. Has nothing to do with arm strength. He can't do it and he can't change, and there were a lot of scouts, writers, and fans, including myself, who could see that a mile away when he was in college, and when he is in the pros. I would never want him as my QB.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Who's Denver's Coach?

John Fox.

What is John Fox's reputation?

LOVES the veteran QB. Will ride the vet until he absolutely has to put the young guy in.

Who was the guy responsible for drafting Tebow?

Josh McDaniels.

Add up the pieces and Tebow didn't have a chance to be the starter. Fox is about as conservative as it gets when it comes to his QBs. That situation in Carolina last year was an absolute nightmare for the guy. Tebow just has to wait another year unless someone offers something for him.

Fair points all, but most reports on Tebow indicate that he's having some considerable difficulty making the leap to the NFL game. This doesn't preclude Tebow becoming an effective QB in the future, of course.

The only reason Tebow is never going to be good in the NFL is his throwing motion. He can't fix it, and if he can't fix it he will always suck. From the time he decides to throw until the ball gets there is far too long. It's the same reason that Leinart will never be good, even though Tebow has a much stronger arm than Leinart.

Tebow got away with it in college but in the pros the linemen and LBs and especially DBs are too fast. Has nothing to do with arm strength. He can't do it and he can't change, and there were a lot of scouts, writers, and fans, including myself, who could see that a mile away when he was in college, and when he is in the pros. I would never want him as my QB.

"Tebow has a much stronger arm than Leinert"--thats not saying much..

"Tebow has a much stronger arm than Leinert"--thats not saying much..

True. Leinart's problem is everything he does is slow, combined with a weak arm (compared to most NFL QBs). Tebow's arm is stronger but he has the huge wind-up. So the problem is the same. By the time he sees where he wants to go with the ball and the ball gets there, it is too late. That is Leinart's issue, too. Leinart's motion is more compact, but he is big and lumbering and slow, so it doesn't get out of his hand nearly as quick as other QBs his size.

Seriously though. Does anyone want to take into consideration that there was no offseason for a second year QB in a whole new system?

Josh McDaniels drafted him and while he is a disaster as a HC, he is a great OC. He made Orton into something when he was a throw in from a trade. Now STl gave him the keys to Bradford so he does know QBs.

Plus, I love Tebow! Every fan loves to hate idiots like TO, Moss and Plaxico but now that there is a real deal good guy, people love to pile on him too. OMG, am I turning into dog14787 with my man love for a QB!?!?!?

here appears to be a mile-wide disconnect in Denver. Most fans of the Broncos want former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow to be the team's starting quarterback. No matter how well Tebow practices and plays. No matter who else the Broncos have at his position. No matter how well the Broncos fare on the field. No. Matter. What. A lot of fans want the media to stop talking and writing about Tebow. Caught in the middle of all this are the Broncos, a team trying to rebuild from last year's 4-12 season with a new coaching staff and a lot of new faces on the roster. ... Tebow hasn't been the Broncos' best quarterback at training camp. He's behind veteran Kyle Orton, and the gap isn't small.

The Denver Post

Tebow would be 20 times worse than Flutie/Johnson. Might be a nice guy, but would be a huge polarizing figure for a fanbase that can't handle much more.

Seriously though. Does anyone want to take into consideration that there was no offseason for a second year QB in a whole new system?

Josh McDaniels drafted him and while he is a disaster as a HC, he is a great OC. He made Orton into something when he was a throw in from a trade. Now STl gave him the keys to Bradford so he does know QBs.

Plus, I love Tebow! Every fan loves to hate idiots like TO, Moss and Plaxico but now that there is a real deal good guy, people love to pile on him too. OMG, am I turning into dog14787 with my man love for a QB!?!?!?

I don't think there are too many (rational) people who want to pile on Tebow and wish him to fail. Rather, I think many football fans are annoyed by the mindless assumption that Tebow was destined to succeed simply because of some inherent and undefinable "winner" quality.

Tebow's fans were putting SB rings on his fingers before he had ever played a down of NFL football. This, not the man himself, was what people reacted negatively to.

I think the whole fascination with Tebow is based more on his personality rather than on his potential to actually progress to the next level. Most of the coverage before the draft emphasized his "speed" and "leadership" qualities, and the fact that he was a "winner". But most of the evaluations by real NFL scouts indicated that he wouldn't be able to make the transition. I'm not saying he won't, but there have been a lot of guys that have been through the NFL with the same kind of athletic abilities but couldn't take the next step. I hope he makes it, but so far it doesn't look good.

The Denver Post

Ru

All this bs by drew brees

I don't think there are too many (rational) people who want to pile on Tebow and wish him to fail. Rather, I think many football fans are annoyed by the mindless assumption that Tebow was destined to succeed simply because of some inherent and undefinable "winner" quality.

Tebow's fans were putting SB rings on his fingers before he had ever played a down of NFL football. This, not the man himself, was what people reacted negatively to.

I'm not sure anyone anointed Tebow anything. I remember most analysis hating the pick. His fans are his fans.

Tebow does have an inherent "winners" quality to him. Listen to his teammates at UF talk about him. Urban Meyer, who might is one of the greatest HCs in recent CFB history said that he was undoubtedly the greatest leader that he's ever been around. Pretty high praise from a guy like Urban.

The negative reaction was charged by the media's love affair with TT. Gary Danielson might be solely responsible for it actually.

I'd take him on the Bills in a heartbeat.

Except he can't throw. ;)

88 TDs to only 16 Ints, 66.4 comp% and 10k yards at UF. I assure you that he can throw the ball.

Whether or not he will be a good NFL QB is another question that will be answered with stability and a few years under his belt.

Plus, he can't be worse than Trent or JP. Plus he's way more likable.