Lawson to Bengals

He's not a pass rusher, Kelsay had more sacks than him last year. Rumor was that he wanted to make a move to the 4-3 where he may be better suited.

yes Kelsay had 1 more sack last year but I'd rather have Lawson because he's not a joke in coverage and can actually make a tackle in the open field.

yes Kelsay had 1 more sack last year but I'd rather have Lawson because he's not a joke in coverage and can actually make a tackle in the open field.

I went to a niners game a few years ago in SF and this guy popped at me during plays.

I actually thought he was Patrick Willis for a few plays... he'd come out of nowhere to disrupt run plays for little to no gain.

He also has trouble setting the edge and when he's in a phone booth. The guy is lanky at 6-5 240, and is a finesse player.

So let's not bring him in for the competition because Batten, Coleman and Maybin are quality depth. :bag:

Actually I am optimistic about Coleman and Batten hasn't even played yet. Have you been able to ascertain that he won't be quality depth? As far as Maybin, he won't make it til the first preseason game.

Actually I am optimistic about Coleman and Batten hasn't even played yet. Have you been able to ascertain that he won't be quality depth? As far as Maybin, he won't make it til the first preseason game.

Both of those guys are long shots to say the least. Both of those guys are transitioning from DE in college. That's my point though, why not bring in experienced 3-4 olb's?

Both of those guys are long shots to say the least. Both of those guys are transitioning from DE in college. That's my point though, why not bring in experienced 3-4 olb's?

Because Nix likes his OLBs to set the edge?

Because Nix likes his OLBs to set the edge?

So are you saying Kelsey, Maybin, Coleman and Batten do know how? My point is to create some competition with experienced players. Not SOLEY undrafted, D2 long shots and overwhelming busts.

Sometimes the Bills defenders on this board get so caught up in defending that they don't read through the posts.

So are you saying Kelsey, Maybin, Coleman and Batten do know how? My point is to create some competition with experienced players. Not SOLEY undrafted, D2 long shots and overwhelming busts.

Sometimes the Bills defenders on this board get so caught up in defending that they don't read through the posts.

Why would we want to create competition with a player who isn't very good? Lawson can't get after the QB, and struggles to set the edge. Lawson is a known product, while the young guys we have are unknown. Besides, if you watched the last 6 or so games last year Kelsay played fairly well.

Why would we want to create competition with a player who isn't very good? Lawson can't get after the QB, and struggles to set the edge. Lawson is a known product, while the young guys we have are unknown. Besides, if you watched the last 6 or so games last year Kelsay played fairly well.

Kelsay playing "fairly well" is like going from awful to just a complete liability. Offenses know where Kelsay is and they are going to get him in space against TE's and Rb's all day. Lawson, while certainly an underachiever, is a very good athlete. He does get after the QB. Everyone loves to use football focus so here ya go. Lawson is in some elite company. So if you think Batten, Coleman and crew are better options than you would just be wrong. Good teams have depth beyond unproven players and are not afraid to dump 3 million on a player. I know that you're not used to it but that's why Buffalo is always horrible.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/16/pass-rushing-productivity-3/

Kelsay playing "fairly well" is like going from awful to just a complete liability. Offenses know where Kelsay is and they are going to get him in space against TE's and Rb's all day. Lawson, while certainly an underachiever, is a very good athlete. He does get after the QB. Everyone loves to use football focus so here ya go. Lawson is in some elite company. So if you think Batten, Coleman and crew are better options than you would just be wrong. Good teams have depth beyond unproven players and are not afraid to dump 3 million on a player. I know that you're not used to it but that's why Buffalo is always horrible.

So where are all of these "good teams" that were after Lawson?

So where are all of these "good teams" that were after Lawson?

Where were all of the good teams going after Brandon Lloyd last Year? Or TO? Cedric Benson the year before that?

Again, I don't think Lawson would've come in here and turned into LT. But he would've made the defense better for sure. This defense hasn't lacked just stars, it's also lacked legit depth. ML took a 1 year deal worth 3 million which is chump change. If he sucks, cut him before the season and you don't owe him anything.

The problem is Buddy keeps talking about guys on this roster but I can sit there and stair at it and wonder who the hell he's talking about.

If you think Lawson is so bad, check out the chart and the company that he's with last year.

Guys.....this might not be the answer you want to hear but the truth is they probably want to develop the youth we have on this team.....

Batten - hasn't proven anything yet.....but if you bring in a veteran at that spot he isn't going to either

Colemen - Same....by the way from the little I saw on this guy he looks like he could be an absolute terror as a rush linebacker

Moates - Showed he can make plays last year

Kelsay - obviously has photos of someone in a extremely awkward position somewhere