Lawson to Bengals

Guys.....this might not be the answer you want to hear but the truth is they probably want to develop the youth we have on this team.....

Batten - hasn't proven anything yet.....but if you bring in a veteran at that spot he isn't going to either

Colemen - Same....by the way from the little I saw on this guy he looks like he could be an absolute terror as a rush linebacker

Moates - Showed he can make plays last year

Kelsay - obviously has photos of someone in a extremely awkward position somewhere

Do the Jets worry about that? How about the Pats? They bring in guys all the time to fill those positions like Pace, Taylor, Banta Cain, Thomas. If they don't make it, then they get rid of them. Those guys are quality depth. Batten and Coleman are not. Where did you see Coleman look like a terror?

How long do you think Batten, Coleman, Maybin and Kelsay would've lasted?

Maybin probably a LONG time. Kelsay, maybe as long. Coleman and Batten haven't proven anything yet so I'll wait to say whether they're underperformers like Lawson, who was a 1st round pick.

Maybin probably a LONG time. Kelsay, maybe as long. Coleman and Batten haven't proven anything yet so I'll wait to say whether they're underperformers like Lawson, who was a 1st round pick.

Again, Lawson makes the defense better no matter how you put it. When Merrinman or Kelsay (UGHHHH!!!) goes down, good luck.

Again, Lawson makes the defense better no matter how you put it. When Merrinman or Kelsay (UGHHHH!!!) goes down, good luck.

So you wanted him for depth? Because he isn't much, if any, of and upgrade to Kelsay. And Merriman? Forget it.

I agree that what Merriman or Kelsey goes down, we'll need some luck. I disagree that Lawson makes us better. We only get to keep a handful of linebackers. Keep the young guys to see if they turn out to be something special. We know that Lawson isn't, so if we keep him we lose out on potential improvement.

Why settle for lots of known junk? I'll take the unwrapped package please.

So you wanted him for depth? Because he isn't much, if any, of and upgrade to Kelsay. And Merriman? Forget it.

When was the last time Merriman recorded a sack?

Again, this is a metric from last year looking at sacks+ QB hits+ pressures. That is a rock solid metric. Who is #7 on the list? Manny Lawson. Where is Kelsay, Batten, Coleman, Merriman, MAybin?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/16/pass-rushing-productivity-3/

Again, Lawson is absolutely quality depth. And he would have made this team better so stop it.

When was the last time Merriman recorded a sack?

Again, this is a metric from last year looking at sacks+ QB hits+ pressures. That is a rock solid metric. Who is #7 on the list? Manny Lawson. Where is Kelsay, Batten, Coleman, Merriman, MAybin?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/16/pass-rushing-productivity-3/

Again, Lawson is absolutely quality depth. And he would have made this team better so stop it.

This is funny. No 3-4 team even wanted Lawson. He signed a 1 year deal with a 4-3 team. If he was a legitimate starter at 3-4 OLB he would have had many teams after him.