Now is the time to go after Crowder

Kelsey will be a starting olb to start the year. should he be? No. But he will. Count on it.

This. So clear.

At least this time he'll be learning the position from Stache rather than G. Edwards, that's night and day. Kelsay for all his shortcomings is a hard worker...maybe he can take an enormous leap up to "mediocre OLB."

A guy can dream

Edited by Big Bad Boone

I'd love to sign him for a 1 year deal. Next year he gets replaced by shepp.

Kelsey will be a starting olb to start the year. should he be? No. But he will. Count on it.

Get Batten and Shep on the field. LB is a young mans game. Get these old guys out of here. Young guys need to get the experience. we aren't winning any games this year anyway. lets build a young set of LBs for next year, when we will have Andrew Luck and really start turning this thing around.

A big NO on Crowder. If you want another ILB, go after Tatupu.

I've got to say, I'm all for bringing in any talent that is superior to what we already have, and my thoughts on F.A. is - if you have a rookie or 2nd year guy who is potentially going to be a starter, and a good one, like Sheppard, then you only bring in a F.A. if that player is very good, because if you're merely bringing in a vet who is only better by virtue of experience, then you're stunting the potential growth of the rookie. That's why Tatupu would be a nice choice - there cannot be too many good linebackers on a 3-4 team, and as someone recently posted, we're probably going to see a lot more injuries this year.

yer hes an upgrade but do we go after and have barnett and crowder start with limited time to the system, probably not

and we need at least one coverage linebacker and kelsay isnt merriman aint not sure bout barnett but im absolutely certain davis can cover better than crowder

and if you want an iLB Tatupu, he wants money, we got money see the connection

yer hes an upgrade but do we go after and have barnett and crowder start with limited time to the system, probably not

and we need at least one coverage linebacker and kelsay isnt merriman aint not sure bout barnett but im absolutely certain davis can cover better than crowder

and if you want an iLB Tatupu, he wants money, we got money see the connection

Lofa Tatupu is no longer the elite inside linebacker he once was. Tatupu is coming off two knee surgeries and was already somewhat of a liability in coverage. Perhaps he can recover and improve his play a bit, but it's doubtful that he'll ever be a Pro Bowl-caliber athlete again.

Two things fwiw

1 I have firends who are dolphin fans and they theink channing is highly over rated.

2 I don't know how cheap he comes , THe redskins are interested

oh I guess 3 , not sure Davis was really healthy at all last year. He is historically a very good two down backser

I couldn't agree more. This is a no brainer type move. Crowder would be a temporary upgrade until they can either draft his replacement or find a better one. He's better than Torbor -- sure he'd be more expensive but they have the room to make it happen without killing themselves if they cut him next year.

Are they even rumored to be looking at him? I haven't been keeping up with the rumor mill.

Not that I know of, except for the tweets by Kawuika Mitchell and Drayton Florence predicting (or betting) that Crowder would be on the Bills because of the lovefest between him and George Edwards.

Here are some reports by the people that actually know him.

Dansby...

Still, Crowder's value came in his intangibles. Karlos Dansby might have described it best on Friday.

Asked what intangible he'd miss most about Crowder, Dansby said this:

"I want to say just his football IQ. You know what I'm saying, being able to recognize plays. He's been in this conference for so long, he's seen some of the same plays over and over and over again. So he's jumping much quicker, much faster."

Sparano...

"It's not the fun part of my job," Sparano said. "So losing Channing yesterday – that guy's been a pretty special player for me since I've been here. But at the end of the day here, we just had to do it. That being said, the guy's been a tremendous pro for me since I've been here and I have all the respect in the world for the young man."

http://blogs.sun-sen...ng-crowder.html

Miami Columnist Mike Beradino...

Must admit I'm gonna miss covering channing crowder. Dude was consistently funny and very accommodating. Hope he lands w/a winner

Another guy who covers the Dolphins, Jeff Darlington, said...

Say what you want about him, but I've never seen a professional athlete (or anyone, really) treat fans & kids better than Channing Crowder.
Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

I think pass on Crowder and I've prepared a few highlights to show you why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXSbXjAHTgM

First, Crowder eats spit, and thats weird. The last thing we need is Channing sucking on other players mouth guards causing all kinds of distractions on the side lines.

Second, he has no pass rushing moves. Look at how upright he is when he tries to turn the corner to get to McLain and gets stood up by McGahee. How is he going to get through O-Linemen and to the QB if he can't get by a RB?

Third, he's lost a step, by his own admission:

"Who was that? Is that the blind girl? Helen Keller ... I don't know who the [expletive] Anne Frank is. I'm mad right now. [Expletive] it. I'm not as swift as I usually am."

I would be mad too if lost a step in a contract year.

For these reasons, I would pass on Channing Crowder.