LB Depth

Should be

1st Unit - Shawne Merriman - Andra Davis - Channing Crowder Kirk Morrison- Arthur Moats

2nd Unit - Chris Kelsay - Chris White/Reggie Torbor - Kelvin Sheppard - Danny Batten/Antonio Coleman

Done. Or sign Manny Lawson, put him in for Kelsay.

Should be

1st Unit - Shawne Merriman - Andra Davis - Channing Crowder - Arthur Moats

2nd Unit - Chris Kelsay - Chris White/Reggie Torbor - Kelvin Sheppard - Danny Batten/Antonio Coleman

Definitely or any other decent ILB and get Kelsay off that first line plz

I think Crowder is gonna be a Bill for sure due to Geroge Edwards having worked with him at UF and MIA. I'd take Lawson for Kelsay too.

not outlandish, and id feel ok about our lbs with

lawson -- davis -- crowder -- merriman

coleman -- shepherd -- torbor -- batten-- moats

ps - white

i wouldnt be thrilled but id feel ok come september. could change quickly (good or bad) come october.

Edited by NoSaint

Crowder is the same kind of player as Poz on the field decent tackler but is terrible in coverage...also isn't blue collar like pos talks to much.

We tried to get Burnett and I think the FO will bring in another ILB but please be someone with coverage skills

Kelsay is likely not going anywhere. The coaches like him. Even if Moats stayed at or returns to OLB, he wasn't going to play unless Merriman got hurt or sucked. There is no way we would line up Moats and Merriman. They are both primarily pass rushers. Moats was terrible against the run, and cannot cover well yet. You can't start both of them, they play the same position, and you need a LB that can stop the run.

Kelsay, for better or worse, is going to be that guy in the 3-4. I would be willing to bet that Wanny even likes Kelsay. Jauron, who was a crappy HC but a decent defensive guy liked Kelsay. Fewell, who is highly regarded, liked Kelsay. Nix likes Kelsay. Gailey likes him. Edwards likes him. He's not much different than Tim Connolly on the Sabres. The fans all seemed to hate him. But the fans also mostly trusted Lindy Ruff, and thought he was a good, smart coach. And Lindy Ruff played Connolly all the time, had him on the PP and had him on the PK and kept on playing him.

I think there is a decent chance we sign Crowder or another ILB, who will start on opening day alongside Andra Davis. Sheppard should start by the middle of the year for Davis, IMO, but that is just speculation and perhaps hope.

The line-up will likely be: Kelsay - Crowder - Davis - Merriman

backed up by Battan - Torbor - Sheppard - Moats/Maybin.

White will make the team because someone will probably be hurt. Maybin could easily be cut and Coleman kept on the outside. If we don't sign a Crowder or someone else, Torbor will start and Moats probably remains as a back-up ILB.