Havin' a nice nap, Buddy?

Well j6p, they HAVE to spend a certain amount of money - at least $10mm more than last year. With fewer players now under contract, something's gotta give.

Maybe the plan is to have the highest paid drafted rookies, UDFAs and modestly talented veterans in the League.

Scratch that. The drafted rookie and UDFA money is capped. So, maybe all those rookies get roster spots and the rest of the money goes to extending Maybin and re-signing McCargo. :blink:

Now, what makes you think they would resign Maybin and McCargo. It's not like the Bills have a history of overpaying unproductive players like Kelsay and letting more solid players like Puz, Williams, etc. leave? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

At this point I am thinking the plan is wait til next 2 or 3 years, the question that brings up in my mind is RW really prepared to wait? And is the new owner on board (with the plan and after the plan)? I hope against my better judgement that RW does have a plan. I have a feeling Nix does and it is probably solid in most ways but that nagging question remains.

Nothing you want to happen is going to happen in free agency. Don't spaz over the lack of activity.

I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. The Bills haven't been aggressive in free agency since Donahoe, that's just how they are. Also, no one comes to Buffalo if they have any other options. This argument has been done a million times, but the bottom line is that it's not an attractive destination and the team ends up having to overpay middle of the road talent that is more interested in a fat payday than winning.

I hope I'm wrong and they do something splashy, but I don't expect it. They had a good draft this year and they want to build from within. The Bills aren't going anywhere this year anyways - they couldn't win the NFC west, so of course they have no playoff shot in a division with the Jets and Patriots. Hopefully they are able to sign some project guys with upside, and one of them turns into something decent, and also flesh out the roster with a couple bottom tier but starting caliber players.

If they build it, they will come. Until then, expect more of the same. The draft got them going in a better direction, but it's still a long road ahead. Get into a mindset where your hope is that you simply see some overall improvement from last year, and some individual player growth.

Nothing you want to happen is going to happen in free agency. Don't spaz over the lack of activity.

I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. The Bills haven't been aggressive in free agency since Donahoe, that's just how they are. Also, no one comes to Buffalo if they have any other options. This argument has been done a million times, but the bottom line is that it's not an attractive destination and the team ends up having to overpay middle of the road talent that is more interested in a fat payday than winning.

I hope I'm wrong and they do something splashy, but I don't expect it. They had a good draft this year and they want to build from within. The Bills aren't going anywhere this year anyways - they couldn't win the NFC west, so of course they have no playoff shot in a division with the Jets and Patriots. Hopefully they are able to sign some project guys with upside, and one of them turns into something decent, and also flesh out the roster with a couple bottom tier but starting caliber players.

If they build it, they will come. Until then, expect more of the same. The draft got them going in a better direction, but it's still a long road ahead. Get into a mindset where your hope is that you simply see some overall improvement from last year, and some individual player growth.

What do you mean nothing? They just signed a QB from Edinborough (sp) University. YES!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. :wallbash:

This is just the guy we need. A guy who can't even make Jacksonville's roster!

http://meadvilletribune.com/sports/x1073350824/Record-setting-EUP-QB-reaches-terms-with-Bills

Edited by RyanC883

I've never said Poz ain't worth it. I wanted him kept. Solid performer. Character guy. When you're thin on defense, you don't let guys like that go.

I mostly agree Joe, but $42 million over 6 years is insane for Poz...It's just crazy...I was thinking he would get around $25 million over 5 years...In that area at least...The Contract made it easier for me to accept the loss to be honest... B-)

Now, what makes you think they would resign Maybin and McCargo. It's not like the Bills have a history of overpaying unproductive players like Kelsay and letting more solid players like Puz, Williams, etc. leave? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I could cut your sarcasm with a knife. Unfortunately, one only need listen to Chain Gailey in interviews giving his opinion of Aaron Maybin to know that there is no way in hell this guy will be sticking around. He sounds like he has absolutely no respect for him what so ever.

Although, I am not entirely ready to say the same about McCargo. The Kelsay extension makes me believe anything is possible.

Actually, I think they're probably thinking they'll get veteran players that are as good as the current FAs when the cuts are made - and their price could be lower than the feeding-frenzy-induced pool of FAs is enjoying. Buddy's going to go with his picks and give younger guys a chance more times than he'll go out and sign a big name FA like TO or Lights Out.

I'll feel a lot better about this squad if they add some Tackle, TE and LB (everywhere) depth. There are and will be players available in those positions.

I think he's waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Maybe it'll drop on his foot while he's patiently looking for "value".

Someone wanna tell me what the plan is on defense? Is there a plan? The LB corps was thinner than Telly Sevalas' hair. Now it's a man down. Is the plan to play with street free agents once the injuries pile up? I liked Nix's draft this year, but his approach to free agency is just flat out WRONG.

These are the kids pissed at Santa on Dec 23 cuz they knew they were gettin screwed. Haha impatient.

I just want to know where we are going to spend the money we have too? Def lock up Stevie long-term and I guess Fitzy. Its a gamble but if he has a year better then last we have no chance of re-signing him next year, (I just hope he doesnt give us the same excuse as POZ, saying he wants to go to a team with a 4-3 defense :D ) But if we do resign

I just want to know where we are going to spend the money we have too? Def lock up Stevie long-term and I guess Fitzy. Its a gamble on Fitz but if he has a year better then last we have no chance of re-signing him next year, (I just hope he doesnt give us the same excuse as POZ, saying he wants to go to a team with a 4-3 defense :D ) But if we do resign him he will probably have the worst year of his career. We're effed either way